TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UPDATE: Rear Seat Delete

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Roger,

I am very interested not only in the back seat delete kit, but especially the stripe kits and hood scoop you mentioned (mine are buggered).

Now, for the dumb question.... Who is the manufacturer/ distributer of these items? I must have missed an earlier post....

Thank you again for keeping all of us up to speed on these affordable upgrades.

Steve

Hi Roger,

I am very interested not only in the back seat delete kit, but especially the stripe kits and hood scoop you mentioned (mine are buggered).

Now, for the dumb question.... Who is the manufacturer/ distributer of these items? I must have missed an earlier post....

Thank you again for keeping all of us up to speed on these affordable upgrades.

Steve

The pre-order form is listed with the company name in this thread. There is a potential hood scoop fix from SAI you may want to read the latest hood scoop thread for details.

Roger

Guys this will be handled by Shelby, Mike and Terrell will turn over the pre list and we will take care of it once the item tested. We are working on that now.

Amy

Guys this will be handled by Shelby, Mike and Terrell will turn over the pre list and we will take care of it once the item tested. We are working on that now.

Amy

What the Heck??? Is Shelby trying to stamp out free enterprise??? Seems everything is being handled by Shelby and is in testing...I think testing means "The Twilight Zone" LOL

What the Heck??? Is Shelby trying to stamp out free enterprise??? Seems everything is being handled by Shelby and is in testing...I think testing means "The Twilight Zone" LOL

You would want to test it too...if you were going to add your name to it.

You would want to test it too...if you were going to add your name to it.

Yeah..............can you imagine what will happen when the first guy who installs one gets in an accident and the roll bar dosen't preform up to standards. These are not full frame cars..........when you don't attach roll bars to a full frame you are asking for trouble. These bars are meant more for cosmetic looks more than function, the first time somebody rolls the car and the roll bars punch threw the floor because of the weak base...........well, can you say major lawsuit. That is of course if they live.

Yeah..............can you imagine what will happen when the first guy who installs one gets in an accident and the roll bar dosen't preform up to standards. These are not full frame cars..........when you don't attach roll bars to a full frame you are asking for trouble. These bars are meant more for cosmetic looks more than function, the first time somebody rolls the car and the roll bars punch threw the floor because of the weak base...........well, can you say major lawsuit. That is of course if they live.

Yeah, that last line is the key here...survival...

It just seems that everything we're dying to get our dirty little hands on winds up in the Testing "Twilight Zone" and we won't see it for a LONG time...

"...It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as Infinity...It is an area we call The Twilight Zone" Seems like everything gets lost there!

:worm: ruh roh... ;-)

What??? Hey, I know they have to test stuff, but give me a break! There is such a disclaimer on items like the roll bar that says "For Appearance Purposes only...This roll bar is not designed to provide protection in the event of an accident...it is for cosmetic appearance only." I've seen that kind of disclaimer on other roll bars that really weren't roll bars....

Not disagreeing. I was merely suggesting it's a potentially contentious topic.

I think aftermarket manufacturers' counsel make them label that way for liability-shedding purposes ...for the reasons stormeaston touched on. Pro (fully-engineered) rollbar installations typicaly mount to large and thick plates to spread impact loads on the chassis and prevent punch-thru/tear-out. Even 6-point quality cages can be difficult to live with for a streeter. All depends what folks are looking for. Unfortunately, the safest are typically not the most convenient/unobtrusive.

Not disagreeing. I was merely suggesting it's a potentially contentious topic.

I think aftermarket manufacturers' counsel make them label that way for liability-shedding purposes ...for the reasons stormeaston touched on. Pro (fully-engineered) rollbar installations typicaly mount to large and thick plates to spread impact loads on the chassis and prevent punch-thru/tear-out. Even 6-point quality cages can be difficult to live with for a streeter. All depends what folks are looking for. Unfortunately, the safest are typically not the most convenient/unobtrusive.

I know I'll probably get flamed by SAI at some point...it just seems like every time there is something that we really want, SAI buys it and puts it into "testing" and it's lost forever or so it seems...the Brake Duct/Driving Light bezel for the SGT for instance...Lots of people have this mod that was installed at SAI way back when and from what I've seen, noone has had any problems with it, but we're told that there were "breakage issues that are being resolved and it's in testing"...I'm about ready to try to fabricate some myself as I am tired of waiting and I've only had my car for 8 months now...I'm just saying that everything shouldn't be this hard to get done...geeezzzzz

Yes, a true roll bar would make it near impossible for the average person to even get into their car...I'm larger than average, so I know better than to expect a "roll bar" like what they show with the seat delete kit to actually perform that function...I guess I have more common sense than the average person...I did survive 30 years in Law Enforcement...I guess that counts for something...

My only question is why would you even add a roll bar that really wasn't funtional? Just doesn't seem worth it to add that weight if it isn't performing the job it is meant too? I do like the rear seat delete look, but would only want a roll bar if it truly is going to be functional and something I can count on should the worse actually happen.

My only question is why would you even add a roll bar that really wasn't funtional? Just doesn't seem worth it to add that weight if it isn't performing the job it is meant too? I do like the rear seat delete look, but would only want a roll bar if it truly is going to be functional and something I can count on should the worse actually happen.

Ha Ha, because they LOOK cool and make everyone go WOW! It's got a Roll Bar in it! Yeah, function is always nice to have if you actually have the misfortune to use it...but I've always been one to live by "Keep the Shiney Side Up and the Rubber Side Down"

Ha Ha, because they LOOK cool and make everyone go WOW! It's got a Roll Bar in it! Yeah, function is always nice to have if you actually have the misfortune to use it...but I've always been one to live by "Keep the Shiney Side Up and the Rubber Side Down"

Yup!...................looking kool.......................that's what it's all about! :happy feet:

Wow, so all I need to look cool is is a roll bar? Count me in! :hysterical:

10-4.....................your in!

Yup!...................looking kool.......................that's what it's all about! :happy feet:

Don't get offended, but some would call that being a posuer.

I prefer roll bars that actually do something rather than add weight for no reason...my 2 cents.

Don't get offended, but some would call that being a posuer.

I prefer roll bars that actually do something rather than add weight for no reason...my 2 cents.

If these were 10 sec cars I'd be worried about the weight, but since there 13 sec cars, well, come on, it's all about looking kool in them. Oh yea.....................posuer'.........is that French? :hysterical:

What??? Hey, I know they have to test stuff, but give me a break! There is such a disclaimer on items like the roll bar that says "For Appearance Purposes only...This roll bar is not designed to provide protection in the event of an accident...it is for cosmetic appearance only." I've seen that kind of disclaimer on other roll bars that really weren't roll bars....

Those warnings are on the Sport bar/arch for the convertibles

Are they still in testing???? This waiting is killing me...

I think were looking at spring of 09 if we're lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of this, anyone know if this kit is close to production meaning going on sale anytime soon? Need an excuse to rid my baby of the back seats and for those of us who have the Extreme + upgrade brakes, I want to install shoulder harness's.

Speaking of this, anyone know if this kit is close to production meaning going on sale anytime soon? Need an excuse to rid my baby of the back seats and for those of us who have the Extreme + upgrade brakes, I want to install shoulder harness's.

I spoke with AmyB (face to face) this past weekend in Terlingua. She has a kit installed on an SGT and a GT 500 and both vehicles are out in the field for road testing. Absent complications or adjustments, release for retail should be soon. BTW...It's a great looking treatment, very refined, however, it does not lend itself to an easy answer for adding a racing harness. IMHO, you will need to add a crossbar from left to right to mount the harness, or go through the floor.

Whether you feel this mod is eye candy, or, a functional safety device depends ion your driving habits and racing challenges. However, I've seen an SGT roll over...Seven-eight times. It's not eye candy to me.

Happy motoring, gents.

Archived