TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UPDATE: Rear Seat Delete

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Received an e-mail today stating that they have begun production. Production was delayed due to the new production facility and delays to get it up and running. People who were on the list from the begining will be receiving a discount due to their patience with the company and understanding of the delays.

They will be sending a pricing and order form via e-mail when ready.

That's the latest.

Roger

Roger, can you ask if they will be offering other interior colors, like the light graphite? Thanks,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
There is a pre-order form at the web site but it does not work. I e-mailed last week and no response. :shrug:

Roger,

have you heard anymore from Tirell on the kit availability? I sent in the pre-order form but haven't heard back from them yet.

Dave

I have not Dave. But he is on my list to call tomorrow. I will let you know.

Sent PM.

Roger

Roger, did I see somewhere that this company (Tirell?) has a website? If so do you have the address?

Roger,

have you heard anymore from Tirell on the kit availability? I sent in the pre-order form but haven't heard back from them yet.

Dave

I hope you didn't give him your Credit card number.

They do request a credit car without the last 4 digits. They are in the pre-production phase and are looking at production schedules for ordering etc. As with many responses for items from any company, some say they want until it comes to pay time and other's just drop off the list. I would do the same if I was a company just begining to roll new products.

I do not believe there is anything other than "good intent" here.

Roger

I'm just overly cautious, I hope that everything is as it's suppose to be. However, I fail to see how giving your credit number aids with production schedules. What we have done from a production stand point is to find out if there is demand..........which in this case there is...........produce a limited number of the product..................if it sells well and you exhaust your supply then make some more and so on. We make our products (farm equipment) in the USA and therefore are able to follow these guidlines, I understand that if you have your product made overseas you have a base number that have to be produced, while this is cheaper is it really the best?? This kinda of activity leads to unsold inventory and really................how much money do you save then?. Also, your at the mercy of the producer as far as time schedules for delivery. I think we have all experienced that with some of the Shelby products (ie lower grill/foglight benzels). To ask for you to fill out a form and give your CC # and then not answer e-mails and such............well, I don't think I'd sleep well at night.

Again, I hope everthing is on the up and up, just poor communication, hell, I think they're a great idea and I'll probably buy one if and when they come available.

E-mail for info.

tirrell@cimarking.com

Roger

All you have to do is e-mail the above address? Mine is finally done at the Mod shop at SAI and will see it in a few days. :happy feet: :happy feet: This is the one mod I want to do right away. And then, :shift:

I was told that the finished product has been seen at their California facility and it is very cool. I will see what I can find out.

Roger

Any news? im gettin really anxious. everytime i drive my car i look back and picture that damn rear seat delete kit.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Archived