TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UPDATE: Rear Seat Delete

The rear seat delete was held up due to Ford requesting OEM quality. They are currently moving into a new facility and should have the "Kits" ready to ship around the 3rd week of July.

If you look at the picture of the SEMA car it had a 2 point roll bar. The "new" design is a 4 point. It will not have provisions for harnesses. And you will have the option of bolting into the "factory" monuting points for ease of removal at any time or welding to the floor and rear wheel wells.

Some of the delays were around a revised trunk filler and forward seat board. They have some in production.

The "kit" will include the roll bar, all the panels for the seat area and trunk, along with the rear speaker shelf with lazer cut out with the Shelby GT or Shelby GT/SC lettering along with the CS logo. Tirrell also told me there will be some custom options also. Which is all subject to change.

Also held up in development are the "carbon fiber" stripe kit. And then will be offering a "brushed aluminum" type stripe kit also.

Lot's going on and being busy with the move to the new facility has slowed communictaion. He will be sending me some photo's of the "kit" installed and I will post with his permission. When I receive mine I will fill you in on the istallation process and include pictures through out step by step to help with installation. Tirrell also stated that they would be doing the install within the "tri-state" area of LA and are working on installation facilities in different locations. They are also working on an installation video.

Hope this answers some questions.

Roger

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said that...................... :worm:

:ph34r:

With the Ford Boss Mustang in the pipe (did I say that? ...just a rumor, of course), SAI will have all the factory-base they need for a solid GT350, and maybe a killer GT350R-tt? And the factory now has the trial-run experience of fitting the FRP suspension and a few other peices right on the line (for the Miller Mo'sport FR500S) if they so choose ...and you can just see all the 'right' capabilities gradually coming together under the big blue tent ...maybe that helps give SAI the ability to cost-effectively tackle even more serious upfits too, eh?

:worm:

:ph34r:

With the Ford Boss Mustang in the pipe (did I say that? ...just a rumor, of course), SAI will have all the factory-base they need for a solid GT350, and maybe a killer GT350R-tt? And the factory now has the trial-run experience of fitting the FRP suspension and a few other peices right on the line (for the Miller Mo'sport FR500S) if they so choose ...and you can just see all the 'right' capabilities gradually coming together under the big blue tent ...maybe that helps give SAI the ability to cost-effectively tackle even more serious upfits too, eh?

:worm:

Do you have some sort of inside info as to the possibility of a GT350?

Ok here it is hot off the press:

I spoke with Tirrell today regarding the rear seat delete and boy am I glad I did!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

The rear seat delete was held up due to Ford requesting OEM quality. They are currently moving into a new facility and will have the "Kits" ready to ship around the 3rd week of July. That's great news. But there's more!

If you look at the picture of the SEMA car it had a 2 point roll bar. The "new" design is a 4 point. It will not have provisions for harnesses. And you will have the option of bolting into the "factory" monuting points for ease of removal at any time or welding to the floor and rear wheel wells.

Some of the delays were around a revised trunk filler and forward seat board. But the work is complete and they have some in production............... REALLY COOL! I WANT ONE :happy feet: Thanks for the update.....

Amy's quote some time ago

"Guys, there is an 09 Shelby gt500, Carroll has a long term contract with Ford, there will be shelby's with Ford, there will be a gt350 some day as well"

Amy

Ok here it is hot off the press:

I spoke with Tirrell today regarding the rear seat delete and boy am I glad I did!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

The rear seat delete was held up due to Ford requesting OEM quality. They are currently moving into a new facility and will have the "Kits" ready to ship around the 3rd week of July. That's great news. But there's more!

Some of the delays were around a revised trunk filler and forward seat board. But the work is complete and they have some in production.

The "kit" will include the roll bar, all the panels for the seat area and trunk, along with the rear speaker shelf with lazer cut out with the Shelby GT or Shelby GT/SC lettering along with the CS logo. Tirrell also told me there will be some custom options also. He did tell me that SEMA the price for the kit was being quoted in the low $400 range but today mentioned that the price point will be less.

Also held up in development are the "carbon fiber" stripe kit. And then will be offering a "brushed aluminum" type stripe kit also. This along with their version of the "hood scoop"

Lot's going on and being busy with the move to the new facility has slowed communictaion. He will be sending me some photo's of the "kit" installed and I will post with his permission. I will be getting mine soon and will fill you in on the istallation process and include pictures through out step by step to help with installation. Tirrell also stated that they would be doing the install within the "tri-state" area of LA and are working on installation facilities in different locations.

Hope this answers some questions.

Roger

thanks for following up on this Roger

Amy's quote some time ago

"Guys, there is an 09 Shelby gt500, Carroll has a long term contract with Ford, there will be shelby's with Ford, there will be a gt350 some day as well"

Amy

IMHO, this is a little more than just a rumor...

Roger...Please keep us posted on when we can place an order? In the words of Freddie Mercury, "I want it all and I want it now".

Pictures added.

The trunk area in on a GT500. The Red roll bar is for display so you can see location. You may be able to see that it appears to mount in the seat belt anchor holes in the rear and front bolts of the rear seat mount. You may also notice the black carbon fiber stripes on the white GT500.

raceskinz_sd2.jpg

raceskinz_sd3.jpg

seatdetelegt500.jpg

Pictures added.

The trunk area in on a GT500. The Red roll bar is for display so you can see location. You may be able to see that it appears to mount in the seat belt anchor holes in the rear and front bolts of the rear seat mount.

raceskinz_sd2.jpg

raceskinz_sd3.jpg

seatdetelegt500.jpg

:drool:

now thats what im talking about.

hmm how do i justify this to the wife ah i know lighter=better millage :D

:drool:

now thats what im talking about.

hmm how do i justify this to the wife ah i know lighter=better millage :D

Less weight. But now you have a "real" spare tire. But it's worth a try. :hysterical:

No, no inside, but if I did I couldn't say anyway.

Just have been a corporate strategic planner and avid Ford watcher for many years. Words can spin/mislead, but actions/capabilities always tell the truth -- businesses do *everything* for a purpose. Of course Ford and SAI don't have to deploy (markets change, etc.) but I get excited when I see such a fine set of pieces/technologies/capabilities start to come together so nicely (long story) ...way too many dovetailing bits to be coincidental, imo. I think within 6 months things will be much clearer and in 1 year much will be history ;-)

Maybe the TS Terlingua event this fall would make a nice stage for a showing of some sort?? :spiteful: <lol> :shrug:

Roger, thanks for the follow up. Looks great and the price range seems reasonable as well. Just think, a real spare tire & hopefully storage space for a jack of some sort :drool:

Jim

Roger, thanks for the follow up. Looks great and the price range seems reasonable as well. Just think, a real spare tire & hopefully storage space for a jack of some sort :drool:

Jim

Am I missing something here??? There is a place under the trunk mat where you guys can mount a full size tire and wheel AND jack should you so desire... :headscratch:

I like the concept of this rear seat delete, BUT I for one don't care for the open back...I would prefer to put a full size spare where it goes (under the trunk mat) and have some actual trunk space if I so desire it...AND be able to keep things back there out of view of anyone else! Why no back??? Every other rear seat delete I've ever seen before has a back on it...

I'll admit that the CS Shelby looks good where it is on the kit, and I LOVE the idea of a roll bar being added, but come on...Not everyone wants a tire in the trunk and an open area where the backs of the seats go...

From what I can see in the pictures, it looks like the full size tire and wheel are just sitting back there with nothing to hold it down...if that's the case, how safe is that? You have a 60 pound projectile being hurled forward in an accident and it's gonna hurt when it hits you in the back of your head!

Agreed Carl. However this particular rear seat delte "kit" is more in line with the 65 era GT 350's in a competition mode. There is a mount for the spare tire in the traditional manner so you will not have the projectile wacking your melon. It is not for everyone just the die hard Shelby fan with ties to racing or nostalgia. It is a specific market. I did hear that it will be customizable. And don't ask me what that means because I don't know. We will have details soon when the product officially releases.

Roger

I also imagine that having the full size spare tire mounted is a personal choice and can be installed if one is so inclined. The tire well will still be there, therefore the factory inflation kit can remain right where it is.

I love it! I agree that it doesn't make sense to add the weight of a full sized spare, but the look is great. I wonder if the rollbar will work with the backseat still in? I still got one kid at home, and use the back seat for her. I have no problem removing it eventually, though. That seat back delete will really let my Shaker 1000 be heard, but a trunk net might be necessary to keep items from rolling into the passenger area. I wonder if SAI will offer optional powder coating on the bar? Probably black only, but easy enough to paint yourself, I guess. Great find!

Am I missing something here??? There is a place under the trunk mat where you guys can mount a full size tire and wheel AND jack should you so desire... :headscratch:

I like the concept of this rear seat delete, BUT I for one don't care for the open back...I would prefer to put a full size spare where it goes (under the trunk mat) and have some actual trunk space if I so desire it...AND be able to keep things back there out of view of anyone else! Why no back??? Every other rear seat delete I've ever seen before has a back on it...

I'll admit that the CS Shelby looks good where it is on the kit, and I LOVE the idea of a roll bar being added, but come on...Not everyone wants a tire in the trunk and an open area where the backs of the seats go...

From what I can see in the pictures, it looks like the full size tire and wheel are just sitting back there with nothing to hold it down...if that's the case, how safe is that? You have a 60 pound projectile being hurled forward in an accident and it's gonna hurt when it hits you in the back of your head!

18" tire ,,,,,,let alone 20" will not fit in the tire well ......................only factory stock 17's ...........so ya can't put the Shelby equipt tire in there ........if ya take this car to the track , and you have the wheel in the back ,delete style ,you have the option to remove when you race , and put it back for a spare when you have to drive home.................................I just whish I could get the kit now............ZDS

Archived