TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post comment you've received on your new BergShelby gas cap

I still get comments about the "500 horsepower", occasionally I let it slide, other times I sit and explain it to them!

As for the "Berg" gascap, I haven't noticed much difference because the biggest compliment I get is watching people pull up behind me at a red-light, point at the back of the car, and see them mouth "SHELBY" to their passenger or to the driver.

What a nice feeling...

SEF

AKA:

as far as comments, i suspect many dont know what was or wasnt on there from factory. my wife and daughter like it, I love it, the friends that have noticed it liked it and Robert and Sharon both thought they looked great. have had no negative comments about anything about the car besides everyone that sees the damned map light aluminum piece

That should have came that way from SAI in IMHO, the more I look at it the more I love it, Nice addition to the car guys!

Berg designed it, we all voted for it from a selection of i think six choices. amy approved, who knows who actually made it. weve been waiting for it for almost a year. This all started on the shelbyautos.com forum before Team Shelby.

Just curious what type of comments you all have gotten on your new gas caps (good or bad)

Hey buddy your car looks sharp put my gas cap on the other day love the design but its kind of thin and fragile but when I put it on I also used crazy glue for added security I live in new york people have no fear to steal. :slapfight:

Hey buddy your car looks sharp put my gas cap on the other day love the design but its kind of thin and fragile but when I put it on I also used crazy glue for added security I live in new york people have no fear to steal. :slapfight:

Thanks. Mine's enroute from SPP.

Will probably add matching hub caps too.

LOL,

I don't think anyone for the most part would know the difference, most folks see my car and think its a GT500, I have to correct them. Of course they say something about SC'ers etc and I of course point out that my does have a SC'er and does actually have more HP than the GT500 stock etc, etc.

My wife liked it, but likes the gas cap on the GT500 better, in truth I like them both but also prefer the GT500's look better, of course I can be impatial as I own both, lololol....

Lata

Moe in NH

Gentlemen,

My berg cap is in route. Any hints on the install? Thanx Steve

DIRECTIONS FOR "BERG" CAP INSTALL:

clean existing cap with alcohol, test fit and step back and look. peel off tape backing, and be very very careful. once its stuck its stuck. rub gently with a towel, take pics and post them. final step is to enjoy

LOL,

I don't think anyone for the most part would know the difference, most folks see my car and think its a GT500, I have to correct them. Of course they say something about SC'ers etc and I of course point out that my does have a SC'er and does actually have more HP than the GT500 stock etc, etc.

My wife liked it, but likes the gas cap on the GT500 better, in truth I like them both but also prefer the GT500's look better, of course I can be impatial as I own both, lololol....

Lata

Moe in NH

Moe,

In case you did not know, you can get a tiffany cobra "gas cap" that does NOT say GT 500 on it and it looks great.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9536

It will look even better with the upcoming S H E L B Y trim ring!

I bought the BerbShelby gas cap because I support the initiative but I have to agree with your wife. :)

Erich

Moe,

In case you did not know, you can get a tiffany cobra "gas cap" that does NOT say GT 500 on it and it looks great.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9536

It will look even better with the upcoming S H E L B Y trim ring!

I bought the BerbShelby gas cap because I support the initiative but I have to agree with your wife. :)

Erich

When is the trim ring coming out?

When is the trim ring coming out?

I have not read an update lately but I know I saw a message from amyb letting people know the SGT Gas Cap was available but that they were "still waiting on the trim ring".

I check from time to time but have not seen it show up in the online store yet...

Archived