TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a fuel cell

SPRSNK

Hi ya!

I'm looking for a fuel cell for my GT500. Anyone install one yet in their cars? What are the typical "known" brands of fuel cells? I really don't want to hit the back of the SCCA mag looking at companies I've never heard of.

Oh yea. Specs and uses:

Road Racing, Track road courses, little drag racing, 20+ gallon capacity and these specific conditions:

2. A competition approved racing fuel cell.

a. Some vehicles are manufactured with an OEM fuel cell like tank. This fuel cell like tank may be approved for Super Sport. Contact the Chief of Tech.

b. In an open compartment "hatch back" like vehicle (Camaro, Corvette, Porsche 928 etc,), a splash shield must be placed between the fuel cell and the Driver/Co-Driver compartment.

1) If the splash shield is placed in the vertical plane and might obstruct rear-ward vision, it should be made of a transparent, fireproof material such as Polycarbonate.

d. A rollover fuel shut off valve and breakaway fuel lines are highly recommended.

Hi ya!

I'm looking for a fuel cell for my GT500. Anyone install one yet in their cars? What are the typical "known" brands of fuel cells? I really don't want to hit the back of the SCCA mag looking at companies I've never heard of.

Oh yea. Specs and uses:

Road Racing, Track road courses, little drag racing, 20+ gallon capacity and these specific conditions:

2. A competition approved racing fuel cell.

a. Some vehicles are manufactured with an OEM fuel cell like tank. This fuel cell like tank may be approved for Super Sport. Contact the Chief of Tech.

b. In an open compartment "hatch back" like vehicle (Camaro, Corvette, Porsche 928 etc,), a splash shield must be placed between the fuel cell and the Driver/Co-Driver compartment.

1) If the splash shield is placed in the vertical plane and might obstruct rear-ward vision, it should be made of a transparent, fireproof material such as Polycarbonate.

d. A rollover fuel shut off valve and breakaway fuel lines are highly recommended.

SPRSNK - I looked into fuel cells a while back and checked out some likely suspects, fuel safe etc. with no success for a GT500 fuel cell. I was talking to the folks at Agent 47 (agentfourtyseven.com) about fuel cells and they do have one. It is a part of their "Hunter" package, but I was told it could be done on its own as well. Give them a call for pricing. BTW, they are in the San Diego, CA area. They make good stuff and their customer service is very good from my experiences.

Greg

Archived