TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Passenger Side Muffler Needs to be Replaced

I am getting my passenger side muffler replaced after the hanger that sits behind the chrome exhaust pipe and attaches to the rear of the muffler and then through a rubber thing (technical term) broke off. I suspect it's been that way for awhile and has been hanging. When I first got the car I would hear a bang on bumps, but it stopped. Then last fall a friend told me it looked like my passenger side tail pipe was moving a bit when driving. I suspect it broke off at some early date but over time worked its way back and away from the muffler so it didn't rattle/bump anymore.

Pictures below...for those interested, maybe something to watch for.

DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

I am getting my passenger side muffler replaced after the hanger that sits behind the chrome exhaust pipe and attaches to the rear of the muffler and then through a rubber thing (technical term) broke off. I suspect it's been that way for awhile and has been hanging. When I first got the car I would hear a bang on bumps, but it stopped. Then last fall a friend told me it looked like my passenger side tail pipe was moving a bit when driving. I suspect it broke off at some early date but over time worked its way back and away from the muffler so it didn't rattle/bump anymore.

I had the same problem on my driver's side muffler. I would get a squeaking sound while I was driving. I thought it was coming from the front end, but as it got worse, it would do it while I was sitting in park. I followed the noise to the muffler. Looked like whoever welded the rear muffler hanger to the muffler, must have had something else on his mind at the time. I had my friend tig weld it. So far, so go.

Archived