TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SoCal Weekend, July 26 & 27th

ShelbyPilot

Event Participation  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the events you are likely to attend.

• Cars & Coffee
    • OC Scenic Cruise
    • John Force Cruise Night
    • Sunday Open Track

Wow! cool cars, a fun drive, a great goodie bag and a wonderful lunch! Let me add my thanks to Chris and his crew, Amy and Team Shelby for organizing and supporting such a well planned and enjoyable event. We drove our little GLHS to the event and were enthusiastically welcomed by everyone. It was a really great collection of outstanding cars and friendly owners. To make a great day even better, Caprice and I were lucky enough to win the set of tires and a discount on wheels at the raffle!

We had a great time at the Birthday Bash and now this, we are certainly looking forward to our next event with Team Shelby and it's members.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick synopsis of Today's track event. We had seven participants come to the track today. Including myself, MY500SS brought his Super Snake, Jason Cenora (Shelby CS8) brought his CS8, Berny brought his Shelby GT, Joe and Ken brought GT500s. Somebody brought along an enemy combatant with a supercharged 2006 Vette. Ron was a cool guy despite his choice of cars. Fortunately most were gone and did not see me spin out during the last session.

I will report more later this week. In the meantime here are some PHOTOS

One housekeeping thing from Saturday. Some of the gift bags were misplaced in a support car on Saturday and not discovered until last night. Jason passed them on to me. A couple were given out today and one is promissed to a member who raised a concern about not getting one. That leaves three bags. If you attended any event Saturday and did not get a bag and would like one please PM me. We will just have to figure out a way to hand them off.

Thanks Again,

Chris

It was truely my pleasure.

A few of the bullet points before I collapse on the bed for the track day tomorrow.

-65 particpants

-40 cars including a 1968 GT500KR, 3 Shelby Dodges, Supersnakes, GT500s, Shelby GT/SCs, Shelby GTs, a CS8, SVT Cobras, Mustang GTs, and a Cobra replica.

-$400 raised for Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation

Here are all the pictures from the day. I will edit and embed some of the photos in a full report later this week.

PHOTOS

Thank You to:

DeEtta and Melody for the park.

Rick, Dan, and Page for coming early to help park.

My wife for picking up the food and supporting my craziness.

Jason Cenora at 281motorsports for the Maguire gift bags and raffle prizes.

Amy Boylan and SHELBY Automobiles for sponsoring lunch and gift bag items.

Thanks Chris, Amy and Jason. Great event. There were 6 of us from LA and Ventura counties that came down together. Next time there will be more. Here is a picture of 16 of us on PCH on the drive.

Cheers

ShelbySteve

post-8657-1217220145.jpg

post-8657-1217220145.jpg

My observations as to the Saturday festivities:

Thank you to Amy, Chris and Jason for a wonderful day. I attended all events on Saturday along with my 8 year old daughter. My wife and another two of my kids attended several of the events.

We all had a great time. It was well organized, the car show was fun, and it was great to see all the cars. It was great to hang out with other "car" folks and talk cars.

Some more observations that reflect my personal biases, likes and dislikes:

1. Coolest car to participate was the Vista Blue 68 GT500KR. Thanks for bringing it out. A lot of the other cars were cool, but the 68 was the coolest.

2. Looking at pictures only, I was not a big fan of the super snake conversion. Seeing the cars in person was something else. Dan's Grabber Orange vert was simply electric. Talk about eye grabbing, and the more I looked at it the more I liked it.

3. I like red coupes with white stripes. I do not really like red coupes with black stripes. Unless it is a super snake. In a coupe, the red super snake has a mean but almost subtle look. MY500SS's (Steve?)red super snake coupe looks good. It made me want to buy a red one and super snake it.

4. I think my 8 year old daughter was the youngest one to join the cruise. She had as much fun as I did. I love the car hobby, and I really like making it a family event.

5. A Shelby Mustang looks and sounds good. 25 or so of them together looks and sounds better.

6. My idiot moment of the weekend was standing in front of my white w/blue stripes GT500 hitting the unlock button on the remote and looking blankly at the guy sitting behind the wheel of my car, with my daughter tugging on my arm repeating "Dad. Dad. Dad." Oops, not my car. Mine was three spots down. My bad.

Overall, what a great day. I am looking forward to the next one, and thanks again to Amy and the Shelby organization for supporting us, Chris for all his hard work in making it happen, and Jason for his efforts. It was great to meet everyone.

I just got a chance to look at ShelbyPilot's pics, I NEVER seem to get my camera out enough at an event becuse it takes a whole lot of work to shoot that much but you made it happen Chris. Nicely done, I did a bunch of 'right clicking and save as' from your photo bucket album.

For as many years as I've owned Shelby Dodges (I'm not quite old enough or $$ enough for 60's Shelby's) I have always been passionate about them but we were a bit of the 'Red Headed Stepchild' in the Shelby community. In just ONE SHORT YEAR (or less) ALL the cars that Carroll Shelby built and inspired have come together under the leadership of Team Shelby and it's member's. :wub: When I first heard talk of a club for all Shelby's I was skeptical at best. Seeing is believing as they say, all the Shelby cars (yes, even the Dodges) have been welcomed at both of the Team Shelby events I have been to so far B) I'm in Team Shelby for the long haul and will continue to support the club and it's events for as long as I have the passion, (probably forever ;) ) Now, to send in next year's dues while I'm thinking of it...

Alan

FANTASTIC event :):) Maybe someday I will be able to afford a Shelby and can fit right in :):):)

Tell me your budget Page, I WILL find you a car that fits it. You WILL fit in Team Shelby even with a lil turbo car ;)

Tell me your budget Page, I WILL find you a car that fits it. You WILL fit in Team Shelby even with a lil turbo car ;)

Hehehehe - sorry, it would HAVE to be a Mustang. My wife would shoot, stab, mame, kill, divorce and anything else she could think of that woudl be painful if I bought anything other than another Mustang :):)

It was our Pleasure to help! I am glad it was such a good time, the photos look like it was a blast!!

Congrats to all who put this on!

Amy

Sorry to those whose names I botched. I can match the face to the car even if I cannot match the name to the face.

Page, just bring that Mach 1 out next time. Anyone the appreciates a Shelby will also appreciate a Mach 1.

Sorry to those whose names I botched. I can match the face to the car even if I cannot match the name to the face.

Page, just bring that Mach 1 out next time. Anyone the appreciates a Shelby will also appreciate a Mach 1.

Actually, I brought the Mach1 to Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning - parked with the ole Shelby's right next to MY500SS :) Same color scheme - almost :)

Wow! cool cars, a fun drive, a great goodie bag and a wonderful lunch! Let me add my thanks to Chris and his crew, Amy and Team Shelby for organizing and supporting such a well planned and enjoyable event. We drove our little GLHS to the event and were enthusiastically welcomed by everyone. It was a really great collection of outstanding cars and friendly owners. To make a great day even better, Caprice and I were lucky enough to win the set of tires and a discount on wheels at the raffle!

We had a great time at the Birthday Bash and now this, we are certainly looking forward to our next event with Team Shelby and it's members.

Your GLHS looks really clean from the pics :)

Chris - thanks for organizing the weekend. I participated in the JF event and the Sunday track event. I copied a bunch of your photos. You did me good! Thanks for that... It was great of your to provide the effort that this must of required. It was great to meet to group at the track on Sunday. Jason thanks for the hospitality......my poor tires! :shift:

HI,

JUST GOT HOME TO KANSAS CITY AND WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE FROM SO CAL TEAM SHELBY FOR SUCH A GREAT TIME ON THE 26TH. NICE CARS AND CRUISE(S). WHAT A FUN DAY. NEXT TIME I'LL DRIVE MY 07 GT SHELBY #1204 OUT TO PARTICIPATE. THANKS AGAIN TO CHRIS AND SAI. TED AND NANCY

Again my pleasure.

A few housekeeping notes:

1. I still have three gift bags available. I know not everybody received one. If you would like one, please PM or email (shelbypilot@hotmail.com).

2. Also if you took advantage of the "Win a Terlingua" option at the raffle but didn't write down your information, please PM or email (shelbypilot@hotmail.com) your contact information. Jason and I are going to the Foundation this week.

Later,

Chris

Good find Dr! :rockon: Mr Molinare is pretty good with power point B) but I gotta wonder, was it much extra work to shoot around the Shelby Dodges to insure that they didn't accidentally end up in a shot :P?

Good find Dr! :rockon: Mr Molinare is pretty good with power point B) but I gotta wonder, was it much extra work to shoot around the Shelby Dodges to insure that they didn't accidentally end up in a shot :P?

Hey, stop complaining. If you look real closely, there is a brief glimpse of the side of your car as the camera pans the Cars and Coffee show. :D Still a cool video and it was titlied "Mustang show".

I'll be bringing my own vid cam to Terlingua ! :shift:

Last couple of housekeeping issues (I hope):

1. Jason and I went to the Children's foundation today and delivered a check along with the "Win A Terlingua" list. It is in their hands know. If you don't receive your ticket in a reasonable amount of time please let me know.

2. I still have gift bags in the trunk of my car for anybody who didn't get on and wants one. PM or email (shelbypilot@hotmail.com) me for arrangements.

Archived