TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SoCal Weekend, July 26 & 27th

ShelbyPilot

Event Participation  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the events you are likely to attend.

• Cars & Coffee
    • OC Scenic Cruise
    • John Force Cruise Night
    • Sunday Open Track

UPDATE:

The lunch spot has been reserved and the food has been ordered.

The picnic lunch is at a park at the rally finish line. If you are joining us for the SHELBY sponsored lunch after the rally. Please RSVP by Tuesday July 22nd in a PM or my email (shelbypilot@hotmail.com). Include if you are bringing a guest or not.

If you can't make the rally but are joining us for the John Force Cruise Night and would like to meet us for lunch please PM and I will tell you, shortly before the weekend, the lunch location. Likewise, if you just want to come out and say hi. However, to be fair to the participants and SAI, I only intend to provide lunch to particpants.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE:

The lunch spot has been reserved and the food has been ordered.

The picnic lunch is at a park at the rally finish line. If you are joining us for the SHELBY sponsored lunch after the rally. Please RSVP by Tuesday July 22nd in a PM or my email (shelbypilot@hotmail.com). Include if you are bringing a guest or not.

If you can't make the rally but are joining us for the John Force Cruise Night and would like to meet us for lunch please PM and I will tell you, shortly before the weekend, the lunch location. Likewise, if you just want to come out and say hi. However, to be fair to the participants and SAI, I only intend to provide lunch to particpants.

Chris if i get my car back from dealer by then i;ll make the sat coffee event, what is the cruise night?

UPDATE:

I decide on a place to meet at before Cars & Coffee. It is my hope that most of us can meet in one place and then drive in as a group. In doing so we should be able to park together and maybe make an impact.

The location:

Jack in the box

6565 Burt Road Irvine

-Sand Canyon exit of the 5 freeway

MAP

Time:

6:00-6:25 am

-I will be there at 6:00 am. I intend for our group to roll at 6:25 for the five minute drive to Cars & Coffee.

It should have enough parking to meet and a dead end street we can overflow onto if needed. Also they are open 24 hours so participants can get coffee and breakfast. There is also a Denny's across the street if you want to arrive even earlier and have a sit down breakfast.

See you soon and more updates to come.

Chris

Although the Cars and Coffee site does have a nice cafeteria with cooked to order eggs and stuff (including killer breakfast burritos!) it's not a bad idea to eat before you get there because once you do get there, you won't want to take time out from looking at all the cars to eat!

Any luck on the 'featured Marque' parking area Pilot?

Alan

Although the Cars and Coffee site does have a nice cafeteria with cooked to order eggs and stuff (including killer breakfast burritos!) it's not a bad idea to eat before you get there because once you do get there, you won't want to take time out from looking at all the cars to eat!

Any luck on the 'featured Marque' parking area Pilot?

Alan

Someone told me last Saturday that the 26th is scheduled to be a Lambo day. Cant GUARNTEE that - just what I heard on Saturday.

Someone told me last Saturday that the 26th is scheduled to be a Lambo day. Cant GUARNTEE that - just what I heard on Saturday.

I just sent an emial to a different contact. Hopefully I will get a response one way or another. There is no mention of any feature marque on their calendar or in their forum. They are having a "Road Trip" of their own that day but it shouldn't conflict. I just heard about that two days ago and received the announcement today.

UPDATE & BONUS:

281 Motorsports

will be providing gift bags to as many as 40 registered participants. The registration will be at the events.

Also, Cars & Coffee does have a feature marque scheduled for July 26th but they are offering to give us a reserved space. It may require some volunteers. I will have more information soon.

I just received a box of SHELBY goodies for the gift bags.

Amy, Thank You.

Also, watch for an update of the final plan and schedule tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. Please get RSVPs to me. Not RSVPing won't preclude anybody from coming. I just want to make sure everybody gets lunch.

9 days,

Chris

Hey Everyone,

Meguiars has stepped up to provide us some nice goodie bags with Meguiars products stuffed inside. Along with the goodies that Amy @ Shelby sent (WHICH IS AWESOME) :happy feet: , we will be stuffing them with lots of good stuff. There will be some random prizes worth lots of $$$ put into random bags. Be sure to make sure your on time for registration.

Hey Everyone,

Meguiars has stepped up to provide us some nice goodie bags with Meguiars products stuffed inside. Along with the goodies that Amy @ Shelby sent (WHICH IS AWESOME) :happy feet: , we will be stuffing them with lots of good stuff. There will be some random prizes worth lots of $$$ put into random bags. Be sure to make sure your on time for registration.

Jason,

Thank you!

Chris

UPDATE:

Hello all. This is the final list of activities and schedule. I tried to make the weekend, especially Saturday, as enjoyable as possible. I'll give a short brief about each event over the next few days. Maybe even another surprise or two. I hope to see several of you over the weekend.

8 days,

Chris

SoCal Team Shelby Weekend

Saturday July 26th

6:00-6:30am Pre-grid for Cars & Coffee, Irvine - Jack in the Box, 6565 Burt Road, Irvine MAP

6:30-9:00am Cars & Coffee, Irvine 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine MAP

9:00-10:00am Pre-grid and start of "Scenic Cruise"

- The cruise will start from Cars & Coffee. Participants can start when they wish but I will be at the start with directions until 10:00am for the late risers.

9:00-11:30 "Scenic Cruise" A little bit of beach, a little bit of canyon, a lot of sun. Tops down if you got them.

11:30-2:30pm LUNCH- sponsored by SHELBY AUTOS

-The location will be scenic cruise finish line

2:30-2:45pm Pre-grid for John Force Cruise Night

3:00-7:00pm Cruise Night at John Force Race Station, 22722 Old Canal Road, Yorba Linda MAP

Sunday July 27th

7:00am Open track event at California Speedway performed by Speedventures MAP

Participation

All Team Shelby members and friends are welcome. Shelby or Ford car not required. Just bring a good attitude. Please mark the events on the poll which you are likely to attend.

Cost

The Saturday events except your coffee are free. Lunch is being provided by SHELBY AUTOS

The track fee for Sunday is $240 (plus options). Lunch and water is typically included by Speed Ventures. Also, there is a 10% future credit with a AAA membership.

Disclaimer

I have no part in the organization of Cars & Coffee, John Force Cruise, or the Speed Ventures Track event. These are all independent events.

Contact

Questions or comments can be left in the thread, PM'd to me or emailed to ShelbyPilot@hotmail.com

Cars & Coffee Briefeing

Background

For those that arent familar, Cars and Coffee has become an Orange County tradition. The show takes place every Saturday at the Ford Premier Auto Group campus in Irvine. 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine MAP Specifically in the Mazda divisions parking lot. It is designed to be a low stress gathering of auto enthusiast. An early morning gathering that allows the owners and spectators to enjoy their cars but allowing them to get home for family events and "honey dos." On any given Saturday you will see a typical gathering of Ford GTs, Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, Corvettes, BMW M, Mercedes AMGs, Mazeratis, muscle cars, hot rods, antique collector cars, whatever else you can think of including both new and vintage SHELBYs.

Typically, a few owners begin arriving about 6am. The pace of arrivals peaks up at around 6:30. This is also about the time that the reception crowd grows at the entrance. By 7am the parking spaces will few and far between. Owners and spectators walk and mingle amongst the beautiful and eclectic mix of automobiles. Most stopping to meet and greet along the way. Some picking up continental breakfast items in the cafe or outside table set up. Some Saturdays have a feature marque. On the 26th it will be a manufacturer as famous for their doors as anything. Begining around 9:30 a crowd will begin to gather at the entrance as cars start to trickle out. The trickle grows into a parade around 9:45.

Game Plan

Our Team Shelby weekend begins with Cars & Coffee. We are planning to meet at Jack in Box 6565 Burt Road, Irvine. It is right next to the 5 freeway at the Sand Canyon off ramp. MAP Jason Cenora (Shelby CS8) is going to be my surrogate at Jack in the Box. He will be there at 6am with up to 40 gift bags for those who register. If you don't want to wait in the line at Cars & Coffee, grab breakfast and coffee at Jack in the Box. If you want to arrive earlier there is a Denny's accross the street for a sit down breakfast. At 6:30 Jason is going to lead our group to Cars & Coffee. In that way we can make an impact when we arrive. Also, nobody will get misparked in the parking lot. I will be at the Cars & Coffee location at 6am to ensure our reserved area is set up and hopefully addres any other issues. If you can't make it to the Jack in the Box by 6:30, I will hold spaces in our area for as long as possible.

One final note. This is one of the cool car events in SoCal. The organizers are very sensitive to the concerns of Ford PAG and the City of Irvine. They strongly request no exhibition of speed or burnouts as you enter or leave. There are also a few grass ares that are roped off. Please avoid these temptations. Otherwise you or your car may show up on the "flidmong" area of their forum. Or worse, you may have a conversation with an Irvine PD officer. Please respect their rules and represent Team Shelby well. Thanks

7 days,

Chris

I will be there for Saturday. I will bring my Shelby for Cars and Coffee and stay through the day My wife will bring our convertible down and join the cruise, and we plan to stay through lunch. She will likely leave before we head over to John Force. I am tryinig to get my wife down for the cars and coffee as well but it is probably to early of a start.

For lunch there will be 4 or 5 of us as we will have 2 or 3 of the kids with us.

I am just getting back from Cars and Coffee, I couldn't find any of you there?

Just kidding, I go every week :lol: See you next Saturday!

Alan

Bob,

I got your group counted. Thank You

Stoked,

I almost went this morning. The trunk was loaded and everything. Too bad the snooze button is so accesible on my alarm clock. :hysterical:

I actually did drive by at about 9:40 as I went on a trial run of the "scenic cruise." More about that when I get to work and am not so busy. :hysterical2:

6 days,

Chris

Scenic Cruise & Lunch Briefing

The scenic cruise will start from Cars & Coffee. At about 8:45, I will begin giving out directions. However, i will hang arounfd Cars & Coffee until 10am for those that can't make it to Cars & Coffee. The cruise is about 70 miles through South Orange County. It will take you out to and along Pacific Coast Highway and bring you back to our lunch spot through some of OCs canyons. It took me 2 hours to drive it today. That was staying as close to the speed limit as I could. There is no real time limit. You will have time to stop and explore if you like. Some points of interest along the way, Ocean outlooks, Laguna Beach, Mission San Juan Capistrano, Cooks Corner (for the bikers amongst us).

The scenic cruise will bring you to a park in Anaheim Hills. It is within 10 minutes of John Force Race Station and over looking the Santa Ana Canyon. I should have the SHELBY AUTOMOBILES sponsored lunch ready by 11:30. After lunch and relaxation we will form up and head to the John Force Cruise.

If you haven't already, please RSVP in a PM or to shelbypilot@hotmail.com. Please still come if you forget to RSVP or won't be sure if you are coming until the last minute. I am just trying to make my best guest at food.

6 Days,

Chris

John Force Cruise Night Briefing

The John Force Cruise night is held monthly at the John Force Race Station in Yorba Linda. Each month it hosted by different club which sort of dictates what cars will be featured. The July 26th event is being hosted by Orange County Mustang. The event is free. They will have food and entertainment. The event officially begins at 4pm and ends at 7pm. No parking before 3pm

Our lunch spot is less then 10 minutes from the John Force Cruise Night. The plan is for us to get everybody ready to roll out by 2:45pm. We will head to the cruise as a group. Hoping to make and impact and park together as much as possible. Some times they grab specific cars for featured parking. We should be parking right about 3pm. Then all that is left to do is enjoy the show.

5 days,

Chris

John Force Cruise Night Briefing

The John Force Cruise night is held monthly at the John Force Race Station in Yorba Linda. Each month it hosted by different club which sort of dictates what cars will be featured. The July 26th event is being hosted by Orange County Mustang. The event is free. They will have food and entertainment. The event officially begins at 4pm and ends at 7pm. No parking before 3pm

Our lunch spot is less then 10 minutes from the John Force Cruise Night. The plan is for us to get everybody ready to roll out by 2:45pm. We will head to the cruise as a group. Hoping to make and impact and park together as much as possible. Some times they grab specific cars for featured parking. We should be parking right about 3pm. Then all that is left to do is enjoy the show.

4 days,

Chris

Just sent you a PM.

Sunday Open Track Briefing

Sunday's event is an open track day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. It is produced by Speedventures on the 1.5 mile interior road course. Speeds in excess of 120mph on the front straight. Speedventures puts on a good program. If you are a beginner they will place you in the beginner group and and provide you with an instructor for the first half of the day. You can pay for a full day instructor if you like. If you have track experience but not a verifiable resume they will put you in the beginner group without an instructor for the first couple of sessions. If you show knowledge of the line, car control and track etiquette they will move you in to the intermedite groups. Both of those groups require "point by" passing. If you are a hot shoe with a lot of experience Speedventures may place you in the red group. In that group you can pass any where on the track without a point by. However, it is still performance open track and not racing.

There are transponders available foro rent to gauge your track times. There may still be garage space available to park in the shade. Speedventures provides pizza and water for lunch. I recommend bringing snacks and other refreshments also.

Our plans are very simple show up to the event and have a good time. The garage and registration opens at 7am. Partcipants should arrive ay 7:55 for registration and there is an 8:05 mandatory driver's meeting. Looking at their pre registration list, there may even be drive in registration allowed. I recommend filling up at one of the gas station on Cherry before arriving. There is race fuel availabel at the track but typically only on the odd hours and I am afraid to speculate the cost.

I will be there by 7am. I will get my garage space ad save spaces for anybody else that tells me they registered for a space. Let me know. Spectators are wlecome.

4 days,

Chris

Hello All,

Well just three days to go. In case you were wondering. I have 29 cars and about 55 people RSVP'd for Saturday. So far this has turned out more successful then I imagined.

I also got a cool surprise email this morning. A lucky participant is going to win a valuable prize that we will all need at some point. More on that later as it develops.

If you haven't RSVP'd yet please do. A PM, email to shelbypilot@hotmail.com

3 Days,

Chris

BUMMER - Cant make it on Saturday (not even for C&C). Have a home inspection I have to attend (sold a house). Priorities.

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC time. Would have been great to meet you all. Hopefully some other time soon.

Take Care

Page

Hey Everyone,

On behalf of the gracious people at BF Goodrich, we are going to raffle off a free set of Tires! We will also supply a $200 gift certificate towards the purchase of a set of American Racing wheels to be used in conection with the free wheels. Wheels not needed to be purchased to claim free tires. This is approx. a $1200+ value.

Must be redemed within 60 days of the event and claimed from 281 Motorsports, no purchase needed.

Archived