TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions about the shelby razor!

I am thinking about going with the shelby razor in the 20" on my shelby gt. Looking at the gunmetal, gotta love a shelby wheel for a shelby. Couple of questions are: Is there a weight difference between the factory 18", how is the ride, will it affect the braking or wear parts out, will i need a steering damper and how is the ride? Ole regular guy from alabama here and i worry about everything. Also will it affect my warranty?

Are there a lot of people that use these as daily drivers? I usually drive my z71 most of the time but i enjoy this thing so much i would like to drive it more often.

I am thinking about going with the shelby razor in the 20" on my shelby gt. Looking at the gunmetal, gotta love a shelby wheel for a shelby. Couple of questions are: Is there a weight difference between the factory 18", how is the ride, will it affect the braking or wear parts out, will i need a steering damper and how is the ride? Ole regular guy from alabama here and i worry about everything. Also will it affect my warranty?

Are there a lot of people that use these as daily drivers? I usually drive my z71 most of the time but i enjoy this thing so much i would like to drive it more often.

Although I do not run the Razor's many here have them. Hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

I would think that the 20" wheel my be close to the same weight as the stocker. Less center mass by observation. It would be minimal at best.

It will not effect braking or parts wear.

You do not need any damper.

The ride my be a little harsher. Some say not much difference others say firmer.

They will not effect your warranty.

Good luck in you decision. Hope some of this helps.

Roger

Although I do not run the Razor's many here have them. Hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

I would think that the 20" wheel my be close to the same weight as the stocker. Less center mass by observation. It would be minimal at best.

It will not effect braking or parts wear.

You do not need any damper.

The ride my be a little harsher. Some say not much difference others say firmer.

They will not effect your warranty.

Good luck in you decision. Hope some of this helps.

Roger

Thanks man! What type of miles do most of the guys here put on there shelby's or do yall just drive them and enjoy the fire out of them. Extremely nice cars here and I look to this board stepping stone for what i want to accomplish with mine.

I drive mine alot as well as a few dragstrip runs here and there.

1. you will notice a harsher ride due to the lower profile of the tires sidewall BUT the performance gains are worth it

they are built strong enough to take some abuse(potholes bumps) so no difference there.

they look good as well as they will clear most all brake applications so in the future no questions on fit.. I have them in silver that almost matches the stripe color and look good on a white car others have used the GM ones and look just as good just not on white(in my opinion) look at pics and make your decision you wont go wrong with them.

Thanks that about the pot holes is good to know especially here in alabama where these are some junk roads here and they are always working on them. I have been looking at a lot of pictures and that is why my brain is fried from trying to make this decision. I am going to put my factory wheels and tires up somewhere just to keep if i do decide to order them. thanks for all the feedback guys!

I drive mine a little during the good weather back and forth to car shows and crusie nights. But I also put in on the track. Road course open track events. I didn't seem to have any issues at all. Tires had something to do with it also.

Archived