TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vapor Mafia Thread

VaporDude

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought mine april 27, 2008 have 3800 miles so far, live in Los Angeles; I have gone to frisco and San diego on business trip, love pulling up to meatings with the GT500 and have my

clients say; nice work truck. bought the car with the express purpose of SS ing it, however with current state of economic flux I will not test my financial tolarance. Love the car now looking to upgrade suspension and brakes.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk26/vb...n/Shelby011.jpg

I am going to talk to the modeators of this section and have them remove the trolls and the slower color cars. :hysterical: Didn't the fastest color car get the honors of being the pace car for the Shelby 427? :headscratch:

There are some really nice looking cars here and alot of happy people. I know I wouldn't trade mine for anything else. :drool:

I heard there was bulletin put out by Ford in early 2007 that prohibited any car magazine from being allowed to test a Vapor Silver Shelby. Something about any other color was allowed except Vapor Silver. Apparanty Ford was worried that testing a Vapor car would bring into question the engines actual output. Most Dyno test up that point on non Vapor cars had shown the 500 hp rating to be near correct. Ford was worried that national testing of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times of Vapor cars would produce much faster results and would therefore suggest a significant horsepower difference between Vapor cars and non Vapor cars. In fact, Ford entertained the idea of doing away with making Vapor Silver a color choice on new Shelby's siting the danger it imposed on non trained drivers. Classified dyno test have in fact confirmed that Vapor cars do make the same horsepower as any other color combination. Ford has yet to explain why the Vapor Silver cars are so much faster then any other color GT500. Late in October of 2007, during a street interview, Bill Ford Jr, CEO of Ford was asked why the Vapor Silver GT500's where so much faster then other colors, his reply, "no comment".

I heard there was bulletin put out by Ford in early 2007 that prohibited any car magazine from being allowed to test a Vapor Silver Shelby. Something about any other color was allowed except Vapor Silver. Apparanty Ford was worried that testing a Vapor car would bring into question the engines actual output. Most Dyno test up that point on non Vapor cars had shown the 500 hp rating to be near correct. Ford was worried that national testing of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times of Vapor cars would produce much faster results and would therefore suggest a significant horsepower difference between Vapor cars and non Vapor cars. In fact, Ford entertained the idea of doing away with making Vapor Silver a color choice on new Shelby's siting the danger it imposed on non trained drivers. Classified dyno test have in fact confirmed that Vapor cars do make the same horsepower as any other color combination. Ford has yet to explain why the Vapor Silver cars are so much faster then any other color GT500. Late in October of 2007, during a street interview, Bill Ford Jr, CEO of Ford was asked why the Vapor Silver GT500's where so much faster then other colors, his reply, "no comment".

and his "no comment" is actually a profound statement on behalf of the Vapor Mafia :lurk:

post-11249-1237484645_thumb.jpg

post-11249-1237484645_thumb.jpg

I have a coupe with Shaker 1000, cover, and red inserts but no ambient lighting. I wasn't sure how I would like the red inserts with the Vapor, but I wouldn't change it now as I think it really looks great. And it will also make it a very rare combo. I can't wait to find out how many were produced with this combo.

I also have the clear bra and tint. The tint looks great with vapor, but a watchout with the clear bra, is they can't get the film to adhere right up to the stripes (due to the stripe thickness) and I have dirt getting in underneath. I have taken it to 5 different shops and was told the same thing, so be aware before you have it installed.

My guy cut the 3m film so the hood is 5 seperate pieveces left and right of the strpies, two squares on the sripes them selves and a narrow piece between the stripes. I like it if I ever have to replace a piece then I can do it in a modular fashion instead of th doing the whole hood.

Bought my 2008 Vapor GT500 on Sept 13, 2008. Has everything except NAV. Dealer installed the 605hp supercharger upgrade, lowering springs and racing exhaust. It is my daily driver, it has 6200 miles on it. Love every minute in it. Definitely the fastest color and has built in stealth :hysterical: :happy feet:

I just traded my 07 Shelby GT and my 70 Mustang convertible on a new 08 vapor GT500 convertible. :shift: It's loaded and even has nav. I'm having the dealer install the stripes. I have seen blacks stripes on vapor but was wonder if any one has different color stripes on their car. If so can you post pictures.

Sense I'm asking Vapor question, does any one have the production numbers on the 08 Vapor GT500.

As far as the stripe question goes, I believe the only color strip you can get was black. Check my signature for production numbers.

As far as the stripe question goes, I believe the only color strip you can get was black. Check my signature for production numbers.

Oooppsss....sorry, you have a vert and not a coupe. Check this thread in peoples signature for production numbers on verts.

Your right, black was the only option from the factory. My side stripes were deleted when ordered. I want to have the stripes added to the sides and top so I thought I might try silver or Charcoal stripes. I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

Archived