TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vapor Mafia Thread

VaporDude

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a coupe with Shaker 1000, cover, and red inserts but no ambient lighting. I wasn't sure how I would like the red inserts with the Vapor, but I wouldn't change it now as I think it really looks great. And it will also make it a very rare combo. I can't wait to find out how many were produced with this combo.

I also have the clear bra and tint. The tint looks great with vapor, but a watchout with the clear bra, is they can't get the film to adhere right up to the stripes (due to the stripe thickness) and I have dirt getting in underneath. I have taken it to 5 different shops and was told the same thing, so be aware before you have it installed.

post-8158-1215980749.jpg

post-8158-1215980749.jpg

I have a coupe with Shaker 1000, cover, and red inserts but no ambient lighting. I wasn't sure how I would like the red inserts with the Vapor, but I wouldn't change it now as I think it really looks great. And it will also make it a very rare combo. I can't wait to find out how many were produced with this combo.

I also have the clear bra and tint. The tint looks great with vapor, but a watchout with the clear bra, is they can't get the film to adhere right up to the stripes (due to the stripe thickness) and I have dirt getting in underneath. I have taken it to 5 different shops and was told the same thing, so be aware before you have it installed.

I was fortunately enough to find a smart shop. The guy cut the bra about 1/16 of an inch on either side of the edge of the stripe. This prevents the space under the bra at the stripes.

• 7 months later...

There has been alot of people who have purchased their vapor silver cars since this was last posted. I thought it was time to ressurect this thread. Some people have made some mods since then also, so please post pictures of your mods.

Bought mine 2/21/08. It has 11,250 on it now. I have the nav and the rest of the options. Check my sig for mods. I originaly ordered a black/matte and they told me it would take 12 wks. While i was waiting saw my vapor, and left with it. i wouldnt trade my vapor for the world. Id buy it again too. Adm and all. Vapor is DEFINITLY the sexiest color of all the mustang colors.

Friday, February 13th. Vapor Silver, black stripes. Left over 2008 model so I got a great deal. Drove it to my parents house and put it in their garage and havent seen it since. (been busy with my new born twins.) Looking to get it out next week. I already have a new shifter, billitt fuel door and a few interior trim pieces to put on it.

Nicely played VD in bringing this thread back :happy feet:

I've got Stage2 going in on April 22nd with some 3:73's :drool:

That stage 2 should be sweet.i'm sticking w/stage1 for now simply because i dont trust myself with any more power.i would like to go for the 3:73's though good luck. and yes i would buy this car again

That stage 2 should be sweet.i'm sticking w/stage1 for now simply because i dont trust myself with any more power.i would like to go for the 3:73's though good luck. and yes i would buy this car again

I don't either, but I figured what the heck :hysterical:

Archived