TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vapor Mafia Thread

VaporDude

Lets see how many of us are out there. Let us know when you bought your vapor, the number of miles currently on the car, options and how you like the car. If you had to buy the car again today, would you still buy the color vapor?

I bought mine on 5/31 of this year. I have 1830 miles on it in 4 weeks. It has all the options except for NAV. If I had to buy the car again, yes I would get the color vapor. This car is totally amazing. I have not owned a car like this one before. It turns heads everywhere I go, it handles great through curves and the accelleration, well let just say :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edit: If you have any pics, please post a couple.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see how many of us are out there. Let us know when you bought your vapor, the number of miles currently on the car, options and how you like the car. If you had to buy the car again today, would you still buy the color vapor?

I love the Vapor Mafia Thread!!!!!!!!! Since I'm the first to respond.....charter member :hysterical:

Purchased May 31st.....620 miles.......interior upgrade and sirius.........how do I like the car :spiteful: .....I love the vapor metallic and how it seems to change in different light, yes.

I bought mine on 5/31 of this year. I have 1830 miles on it in 4 weeks. It has all the options except for NAV. If I had to buy the car again, yes I would get the color vapor. This car is totally amazing. I have not owned a car like this one before. It turns heads everywhere I go, it handles great through curves and the accelleration, well let just say :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Bought Ours 4/19/2008 - Have 2300 miles . All options except NAV. Bought Custom Plate "VAPOR" , We owned a 2005 Mustang GT and thought we had the power. Right!

This car just plain moves hit 140 MPH "GPS speed" . Don't plan on going that fast again :superhero: Not a lot of places to go that fast safely.

I got mine in Dec. 1900 miles so far. I would order the Vapor again in a second. It's different and it's also sort pf stealthy. A "speak softly and carry big stick" look. Ordered mine with IUP, HID's, Sat radio. No Nav, Shaker 1K or ambient lighting. Wish I would have ordered the car cover.

It draws attention. Last weekend I went to a car show/rod run. My father-in-law has a '30 Ford Model A rod and asked me to attend. About 500 cars there and 95% of the cars were street rods and customs. Mine was the only GT500. In the immediate area there were about 75 cars. Mine drew more attention than ANY of the others in the area.

It's stock for now, but I have plans. CAI, tune, pulley, exhaust and shifter. I'm just trying to get to know some of the other dealers in the area and which ones might be mod-friendly. My selling dealer IS NOT mod friendly. The service manager there told another local GT 500 owner that it would void his entire warranty if he installed a set of lca's on his otherwise stock car. We all know that's not the case, but who wants to spend the time and money to fight them over it.

BTW, I was chosen as car of the month on a Mustang site where I've been a member for about 8 years.

http://www.mustangsandmore.com/

Dave_C

Purchased 4/15/08. 950 miles, 600 of them driving home from Indiana. All options except for Navigation. I Love the color. This color was my second choice until I saw it in person, pictures don't do it any justice. Yes, I would buy it again.

post-20340-1214616622.jpg

post-20340-1214616622.jpg

We purchased ours on 01/02/08 currently around 2600 miles. Has the Nav system and Ambient Lighting. Had the car cover also and it is nice and looks good on the car, But kind of thin....Just can't get enough of driving it and I would buy a Vapor again....Mine is on the right!!!!

post-9214-1214634860.jpg

post-9214-1214634860.jpg

How about the "Vista Blue Coupe Mafia"?

:hysterical:

:ninja:

Vista Blue Coupe Mafia!

The fastest color!

Purchased 04/25/08, 3,500 miles currently, all options except navigation. I love this color the most, though it was not my first choice when I was first looking to buy this car. I originally wanted black with alloy stripes....but when I saw Vapor/Black, I fell in love with it. I love how in the sun the car changes colors and hues slightly as you move around and look at it in different angles. I would not buy any other color if I had the chance again...though I might just buy another one in a different color, hehe!

DSC_0042.jpg

Grabber and Joe G....the Vapor Mafia doesn't discriminate between coupes and verts. :slapfight:

There are some nice looking cars here and most everyone loves the color for it's different shades that the car takes on depending on its surroundings unlike any other color produced today.

Grabber and Joe G....the Vapor Mafia doesn't discriminate between coupes and verts. :slapfight:

There are some nice looking cars here and most everyone loves the color for it's different shades that the car takes on depending on its surroundings unlike any other color produced today.

Very true... we're all part of the Shelby Mafia now!! :happy feet:

Ordered mine in Jan. 08 and received it in early May I believe. All options minus nav and red interior option (how many else have that?). Bunch of aftermarket options!!! :redcard:

Roughly 670 miles.

I don't have the red inserts. I would have to see that combination in a vapor before I can decide if I would like it for my taste but I bet it looks sharp. Just as I thought I had all options except for one, here comes another one. I totally forgot about that option. :jackinbox:

I don't have the red inserts. I would have to see that combination in a vapor before I can decide if I would like it for my taste but I bet it looks sharp. Just as I thought I had all options except for one, here comes another one. I totally forgot about that option. :jackinbox:

It looks killer!! I'm betting it's rare also.

+1 Purchased 5/8/08. All options except for Nav & red inserts. Only 400 miles (too much work and not enough play recently). White with blue stripes was my first choice until I saw this color combo for 2008 models. Love the color combo.

Only quarter window scoops and Corsa 14311 exhaust added so far.

post-3226-1214856920.jpg

post-3226-1214856920.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased mine in October of 07, but its an 08 model. I have 2800 miles on it. The car is loaded with Nav and I have red inserts in the seats.

So far I love the car. I have a few mods and they are all supporting mods to the new whipple 3.4L with 160 Mono TB.

Here are some pics.

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

Here are some of the interior the day i brought her home...so you guys can see the red combo.....

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

Archived