TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Oil Change @ 993 miles

I went this morning to a Ford dealership here in Jacksonville, FL area called Mike Davidson. I have to say that i am lucky because my boss (at my job) knows 2 mechanic guys that work over there and i spoke to them 3 weeks ago. One of the guy was really knowledgefull about cars and performance parts and he offered me to work on my car when needed.

So, i arrive there and i did avoid the main service area and i parked my car away along side their garage. Came in the service dept and asked for a guy called Dan. We fillout some paper and he left me drove the car to the garage bay inside their fences. From that point on i was satisfied. I parked the car just in front of the garage bay and the mechanic guy that i know came to see me, shake hands and we talked for 5 min. He took my car and he pulled it in the garage. I think he checked 2 times each lift arms before lifting my car.

While he was working, I was able to walk around the car, look at all the parts and also asking him questions. :dance: Overall, i am 100% of the service they offered me. I will go back @ 3,000 miles. Basically, it was an interactive oil change and i am 100% satisfied. :happy feet:

He is doing that for at least 15 years and he told me that the best Oil is a clean Oil. He told me that if you do your Oil Change every 2,500-3,000 miles with the Ford 5W-20, you will never have any problems.

I am still not sure about staying with Ford 5w-20 or to switch to 100% Amsoil synthetic...

Well I'm happy to see that atleast someone got a great experience at the dealership.....maybe it's a up North thing...people are much nicer up North....When I was stationed in NC I loved the way folks treated each other...down here.....whole different story.....

He is doing that for at least 15 years and he told me that the best Oil is a clean Oil. He told me that if you do your Oil Change every 2,500-3,000 miles with the Ford 5W-20, you will never have any problems.

I am still not sure about staying with Ford 5w-20 or to switch to 100% Amsoil synthetic...

Listen to your wrench, he knows his stuff.

I've been going to my local Lincoln Mercury dealer for over 20 years, and I have never had a problem. It's a small shop with a lot of talent, and the guys seem to get along well with each other.

Quality service filters from the top down, good management = good service. I have bought over a dozen cars here, new and used, and every deal was fair and above board, no sneaky stuff. The owner has to establish how he wants his customers treated, and the smart dealers know there is more money in repeat business than there is in the hit and run one time sale.

It only takes one or two sloppy goons to ruin things for all the legit dealerships out there.

Archived