TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PICS of my VAPOR STRIPE DELETE on 20'S

Hec332

Well here are some pics of my 08 vapor stripe delete.I bought my shelby about 3 months ago and I have gone crazy with it what can I say I'm in LOVE!!!! Let me know what you guys think..

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

CARBON FIBER SPLITTER

DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

Is the police car your "other car?"

Jim

I think so he has the sheriff logo on the plate.........!

Knock out looks...I thought i do not like tinting..someone posted tinted headlights covers that looked like photoshop made. But i guess the photo he snapped did not do them justice..yours look great.

What kind of rims and how did you lower the car.

I got to see this car in person and let me tell you its a hot car. Acually Heck you have two hot cobras.

Thanks Jason.....

Is the police car your "other car?"

Jim

Yes Jim thats my daily driver :lol::lol:

I think so he has the sheriff logo on the plate.........!

Knock out looks...I thought i do not like tinting..someone posted tinted headlights covers that looked like photoshop made. But i guess the photo he snapped did not do them justice..yours look great.

What kind of rims and how did you lower the car.

All the lights with painted except the front headlights and the fog.(3m tint). I have the bmr springs and the rim are from DPE wheels..

Thanks guys from all the kind words..

My mods are

2.6 pulley/with tensioner

JLT CAI

SCT 3/vmp tune

Afco heat exchanger

3.73 gears.

Steeda lowers & upper

Steeda adj panhard bar

Steeda tri-ax

BMR springs

bassani axle back

bassani xpipe (ordered)

carbon fiber splitter

HID on the fogs

Clifford Alarm/Lojack

VERY NICE!! Can you give us the info on the rims?

I bought the wheels of a friend of mine . The are made by DPE wheels, 20/8.5 fronts and 20x10 rears

I think he said they where $3500 for the set new.

Very nice.... What wheel/tire combo are those?

the tires are nitto 245/35/20 frts & 305/35/20 drag radials rear...

Sweet!Do you get pulled over as much as I do? :hysterical: Your mod list is a long and good one.

:yup: At least one a month... and you should hear all the cursing as they walk back to there squad cars.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You need the "Shelby Stripe Delete Mafia" thread. :dance:

I'm in. :happy feet:

Red w/o Le Mans White Stripes (now), just too bright, for me, with the torch red; which screams 'yo po po, over here, pull ME over!!!!', anyway. But since red is the fastest color, that's what I gots! In the process of color matching all the black plastic lowers, mirrors and such. Chin spoiler done, rockers done, Red Snakes applied. KSR turn-signal mirrors received and being painted and 'boy racer' V-Tech painted quarter window louvers coming next week. New pics soon..

:happy feet:

Well here are some pics of my 08 vapor stripe delete.I bought my shelby about 3 months ago and I have gone crazy with it what can I say I'm in LOVE!!!! Let me know what you guys think..

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

CARBON FIBER SPLITTER

DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

Very, very fine job!!! The wheels in particular, look great with that color. All the tint work on the lights, very nice. When you sprayed the lenses, was it difficult to get an even consistency on the lenses? Since it is translucent paint, kind of, I was concerned about the sprays leaving an uneven tint, if you don't do it just right?

Very nice Shelby!

Hey I've got a ? for ya' since you are in law enforcement; I'm thinking of getting the following vanity plate 'ONOPOPO' pronounced Oh No Po Po. Think that might attract attention, beyond the fact that my car's already red? :superhero:

Thanks guys once again...

Quick question. When you had the rear valence painted, the sides, did they paint the entire bumper and then refill the area between the exhausts with flat black? And how much were you charged for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Thx,

-=-Dennis

Quick question. When you had the rear valence painted, the sides, did they paint the entire bumper and then refill the area between the exhausts with flat black? And how much were you charged for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Thx,

-=-Dennis

Dennis, I had the bodyshop do the painting on the lenses.so I don't know how they did it.The rear valance was tape/prep and then painted. They just painted the lower skirt were it use to be black not the whole bumper. The total hit was $900. BTW i think the tag will be funny as hell...

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

CARBON FIBER SPLITTER

DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

Looks great!!! Very Stealthy.

Dennis, I had the bodyshop do the painting on the lenses.so I don't know how they did it.The rear valance was tape/prep and then painted. They just painted the lower skirt were it use to be black not the whole bumper. The total hit was $900. BTW i think the tag will be funny as hell...

Thanks for your reply Hec332. I thought it sounded a bit odd, my shop's approach to painting the entire bumper rather than just doing the the sides of the valence, and blending it. Makes much more sense the way your painter did it. Glad you liked my idea for the vanity tag; I'm hoping it might at least lighten the situation a tad, should I be *observed* doing what these cars do so well... ;)

Again, very nice job on your car. Take care and keep the shiny side up.

-=-Dennis

Archived