TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have the new Black SVT GT500 wheels???

I would love to see some pics of these wheels on a GT500 other than the white FRPP one everyone has seen

I really am thinking it would look great on my black stripe delete

thx!

I believe that ShelbyPilot just installed a set of them on his black SGT S/C.

Not a GT500 but here you go.

2007Pics004.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

2007Pics007.jpg

I am a disappointed in the quality. The paint is not applied very well. The black doesn't cover the complete inside of the lug nut holes and then the black over spray goes onto the inside of the wheels circumfriance. Also they swirl mark incredibly easy. A quick spray of quick detail and a 100% cotton towel I usually use on my black paint left swril marks with little pressure.

I bought them for track purposes so it isn't a huge deal for me but it would bug me if I bought them for the looks.

Could you provide close up pics to show me what you mean?

Also, would you consider trading for stock gt500 wheels maybe :D Mine have no rash, and well you know, perfect condition

just thought I would ask since you use them for racing and don't like the quality, I have no quality issues with mine and use a brush to clean them

Hmm what if I took my stockers to a paint shop and had them do it, would it be more money or less and would it come out nice?

Well, if you went that route, powder coating them would be really the only way to go, and that could be pricy compaired to buying them pre-painted. On the other hand, seeing what SP has posted about the quality of the paint on his wheels, you would probably be happier getting yours powder coated.

Tough call; good luck with your decision.

I'll TRY to take a wheel off tomorrow and show you. It may show you the overspray on the inside of the wheel but it will be hard to get a good picture of the inside of the lug holes. Simply, put they didn't mask off the back of the wheel or the inside part of the round portion of the wheel. And then they didn't get the paint all the way into the lug nut holes. In reality nobody would probably notice if I didn't say anything. I might be more picky then you because I am close to OCD with details.

Thanks for the trade offer but despite the quality I want to keep them for my purposes. I just need to come up wwith #120 for the "Ford Racing" center caps.

Archived