TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Cop Stories

I was very respectful and polite to the officer. The only issue was that it took me a while to find the registration as I don't regularly drive that car.

I always run into these kind of things. I got a ticket in NC once from the local deputy sheriff who claimed I was doing 70 in a 55 as he came towards me in the opposite direction around a curve. I was doing 63 (as soon as I saw him coming around the curve towards me - I looked at the speedometer), but I figured his cousin was probably the local judge so I didn't contest it.

Another time, me and a friend were driving in NC along another back road. He had wanted to stop and look at something, but I told him no because if I stop, a cop will show up within a minute or two and hassle me. It became night and as it was a back road with absolutely no lights and no traffic, I stopped so we could hop out and take a look at Halley's comet which was in the sky at the time. Litterally within 30 seconds deputy Bubba and deputy Jim Bob appear out of nowhere. To this day I have absolutely no idea where they came from. Bubba shines his big flashlight in my face and asks me: "Whatya doin stopped heer?" I tell that we stopped to look at the comet. He turns around and shines his big flashlight at the sky! Me and friend get back in the car and he says: "I see what you mean."

When I was stationed in NC those cops do not give breaks at all, i repeat,no breaks!!!! It happened to me also,the cop was going one way and me the opposite,he did a U turn and gave me a ticket for supposedly going 44 in a 35...I mean what a :censored: ....but whatever, it's his job so I just let that go, by the way that was two days after getting my new first stang ever, a 1998 six-banger...I know,why a six-banger? Well, I was a newby to the mustang world and I was only a E-2....so go figure the insurance rate on a 8 cylinder at age 18.....

I was very respectful and polite to the officer. The only issue was that it took me a while to find the registration as I don't regularly drive that car.

I always run into these kind of things. I got a ticket in NC once from the local deputy sheriff who claimed I was doing 70 in a 55 as he came towards me in the opposite direction around a curve. I was doing 63 (as soon as I saw him coming around the curve towards me - I looked at the speedometer), but I figured his cousin was probably the local judge so I didn't contest it.

Another time, me and a friend were driving in NC along another back road. He had wanted to stop and look at something, but I told him no because if I stop, a cop will show up within a minute or two and hassle me. It became night and as it was a back road with absolutely no lights and no traffic, I stopped so we could hop out and take a look at Halley's comet which was in the sky at the time. Litterally within 30 seconds deputy Bubba and deputy Jim Bob appear out of nowhere. To this day I have absolutely no idea where they came from. Bubba shines his big flashlight in my face and asks me: "Whatya doin stopped heer?" I tell that we stopped to look at the comet. He turns around and shines his big flashlight at the sky! Me and friend get back in the car and he says: "I see what you mean."

Just so we're clear, I wasn't suggesting that you were anything but polite. I was pointing out that it was a chicken shit ticket, and the person who asked you about other charges knew it was a chicken shit ticket. That's why she was asking if there was anything else.

Seems that it's not legal to have your front license plate here in Texas attached to the passengers side visor. It has to be the most forward piece of the body. The sheriff I had just been talking to let me know if that. I then told him my story about asking the cop if he was gay if getting some flack about not drilling into the front of the car. He laughed and said he wouldn't drill into it either. So here I go order the brackets so I don't have to drill into the front bumper :censored:

Shortly after a got my car I was cruising through town and happened to pull up to red light next to a cop in the left hand turn lane. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him roll down his window and wave to me. I rolled down my window to see what he wanted and he yells over, " Cool car, where'd you get it?" I yelled back, " I ordered it about 6 months ago and just picked it up." Just then the light turned green and as we both start to take off he yells over, " You Suck" with a smile on his face.

I have never been a good public speaker as of lately. Every where I go I am opening up the hood, showing off the supercharger and showing them the red devil interior. So far I think in the last month since I have bought the car every single day I have talked to some one about the power the looks I get. From the corner of my eyes I can see guys hitting their buddy on the shoulder and pointing to my car when I am stopped at a red light or just driving by. I love that so much thank you Shelby.

On my way home last week from a mustang meet I was pulled over by 2 cop cars. Both lights were flashing. Both sets of car police officers got out of their cars. I did not know what to expect. I was asked to step out of the car. So I did. I asked if there was a problem.

The older of the 4 cops asked to see if they can have a look at things. I was unaware that they only wanted to look at the enigine instead of searching for drugs. We talked they turned up the stereo and I even let one take her for a spin with me in the passenger seat.

Canadian cops are really not that bad after all. Ha ha.

I would have had to turn them down about driving it, and

In Louisiana you only get one license plate fortunately.

Don't you just hate it when you wake up in the drivers seat, parked, pants around your ankles and a cop bangin on the window?

• 1 month later...

I thought that there maybe more than a few interesting stories out there that I bet are funny(good) and not so funny(bad)

Here is what happened to me:

I am driving two people to their cars from a local charity event one is a state judge, the other is the police chief's wife, I do not have a front license plate as required by Texas. I look across the intersection & a Fort Worth police car is facing me, I turn left, he turns right behind me, we drive for about 1/2 of a mile, he lights them up, I pull over in a parking lot. He gets out and said, hey man, you did not do anything wrong, I just wanted to check out your car, Is that ok.

We were in no hurry, I open the hood, and all three of us get out of the car, Judge (&*^%) properly introduces himself, shakes the officers hand & introduces the police chiefs wife, the cop craps his pants while his eyes are popping out & says thanks, we all leave and have a laugh.

Next day the cop stops by my shop, he said he could not believe he had pulled over a Judge & the Police chiefs wife, just to check out a cool car, I told him no worry we all had fun.

One more cool cop, I hope he remembers me just in case!

Steve

I think people in Ohio are asleep - no cool stories except one...

I had turned right at a stop light after following a car coming off the ramp - he turned into the number one lane going north and I turned into the number two to pass him (the lanes merged about 1/4 mile down the road). I nailed it and went passed him and merged, only to find a Columbus PD cruiser parked on my side of the road further down... so I hit the brakes (the speed limit was 45)... I knew he didn't pin me with radar (luckily) because my detector didn't register anything, so I drove past him and turned left at the next light to proceed home.

In checking my rearview the CPD turned in after the car I passed, and went through the RED light I had just turned on. He didn't have lights on but it was obvious he was after me, so I pulled into the garage and waited for him to pull up. He shined the light on the car and asked for the license and registration, and asked me how fast I was going. I said "45." He said, "You mean to tell me you were going the speed limit!?" I replied "I was going 45." He went on to ask about why I braked when I went past him and all, but I stuck with 45, 45, 45! I thought it was really awesome when he brought up my record - I had a couple of speeding tickets two years ago. He quotes those and looks at me like that's proof of me speeding just now, it was humorous... I knew that he didn't have proof of me speeding and that he was trying to get me to admit to it, and... he knew that I knew, ha-ha.

After not getting much out of me he said "Mr. Santos I'm a busy man. I was hoping you would come clean" kind of giving me the last chance maybe? But, I said "I'm sure you're busy I won't waste any more of your time - stay safe."

He took off and left me rattled... You REALLY have to pick your moments.

I got caught going sideways coming out of my hood today by the Sheriff. Told me I was lucky not getting a reckless driving ticket. I said thanks, my rears are going bald like your head, :hysterical3: then I took off and left him in the dust. :shift:

Hmm, don't you mean you said thank you sir, sorry, I was just on my way to discount tire.... :hysterical:

Yours makes a better story, but I see you serving jailtime for that... :shift:

snake doctor where did you work at?i was with metro for just over three years left 2 and a half years ago

I worked for the Claycomo, MO, P.D. from 3/88 to 9/93, and was a member of the Metro Squad for a short time before I left. I got too fed-up with the politics and corruption.

• 3 months later...

Couple weeks ago I ran into another Shelby owner at the supermarket .I think his name is Randy from Burbank ,CA. As we pulled out of the parking lot and onto the main road we looked at each other and the race was on . About 1 block into it I saw a cop driving towards us he busted a U turn. I thought it was over at that point. But he was cool he didnt even turn on his sirens, he just pulled up to both of us and told us to "slow the hell down". :happy feet: . Most cops I run into are pretty cool. But I have to say I was sweating it.

Archived