TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'll do my own oil changes from now on!!!!

Went to a local dealer to have my oil changed at 3000 miles...thought they were ok because I have seen some GT500 on their lots so I bought my Mobil 1 Full Syn. and my motorcraft filter and I only had to pay them $12 to put it on the lift and drain it and fill her back up and guess what........freaking grease monkey gets his oily hands on my tan interior and proceeded to ram my car on his lift four times untill he got it on...I was watching in disbelief.....got the car back and noticed that they were having a hard time taking off the filter and checked under my front bumper and there were scratches everywhere....called the service manager and he talk to the tech and tech said he did not do it....what a liar!!!!! After a few word were exchanged I callmed down and said I want to talk to the owner of the dealer....guess before anything goes higher they rather do it in house first....now they are willing to fix the damage but they want me to leave my car there....what should I do??? I don't even want to deal with those :censored: anymore...maybe it will be better if I pay out of pocket.....input?????

DSC02903-2.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02904.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

It's painfully obvioius that the damage is FRESH!!! If they are a FORD dealer, let them fix it...if they are not, tell them you will get estimates and get back with them for them to pay for the repair...if they balk, tell them that they will hear from your Attorney next...then sue their butts AND the person who pulled the vehicle up on the rack.

I recently had mine done at my dealer, but they have their own little drive through oil change place out in their parking lot...only trouble is that it has a pretty high ramp to get up into the building...I told them that I would drive the car into the building and they were cool with that. I was going very slow and two of their guys were laying on the ground in front of the car watching and motioning for me to go ahead...all was well...

As far as the oil filter being hard to get off, I think FORD or someone at SAI, whoever put those first ones on there used every ounce of force they could use...I'm surprised that the rubber gaskets did not tear and leak like crazy as tight as those things got put on....my guy had to punch a hole in the old one with a screwdriver and after about 15 minutes was finally able to get it off but he was sweating like crazy!!!

Good luck on getting the damage fixed....let me know how it goes!!!!

If you need help, give me a shout...I bet if we bring the Texas Mafia down there to join the Miami Mafia, we can get it taken care of ;)

Have you asked what they mean by "fix the damage"? From the sound of things I see them brushing on some touch up paint. I strongly doubt they are going to professionally repaint your spoiler on a $12 oil change.

Not saying thats right, all I'm saying is that is what I'm betting on. My advice cut your losses and don't return to that dealer again. A letter to Ford never hurts.

Steve

Seems like the best way to change oil on our SGT's is to find a dealer that uses a pit as opposed to them trying to put it on a lift. I dread my first oil change. Think i'll try to make some type of gradually increasing ramp and change the oil myself. At least if I screw it up, I have no one to blame but myself.

At the risk of sounding like a Monday morning Quarterback, I always print out a large sign and tape it to the dashboard before I take the car in for any service.

The sign reads: CAUTION! CAR SITS LOWER THAN STOCK! EXCERISE EXTREEME CAUTION DRIVING OVER SPEED BUMPS, DRIVEWAYS, AND WHEN LOADING CAR ONTO THE LIFT. CHECK CLEARANCES BEFORE APPROACHING LIFT AND PLACE BOARDS UNDER FRONT WHEELS IF NECESSARY TO GAIN CLEARANCE. CAR WILL BE CHECKED THOUGHLY UPON PICKUP, AND ANY INCURRED DAMAGE WILL BE THE DEALER'S RESPONSIBILTY TO RESOLVE. REMOVE HOOD PINS BEFORE RELEASING HOOD LATCH!

I also have the service writer check the front end of the car with me when I drop the car off so there isn't any question that the damage was already there.

I may be overly anal about this, but I did not have any issue with the dealer replacing my driver's seat bottom because it was stained by the technician or the lot porter when it was in for service. I saw the stain on the seat when the porter brought the car up to me, I called my service writer over to see the stains, and he just ordered me a new seat cover without question.

Sorry about the damage, but the dealer must resolve it for you at their expense, AND they should also give you a loaner car to use for free too.

Went to a local dealer to have my oil changed at 3000 miles...thought they were ok because I have seen some GT500 on their lots so I bought my Mobil 1 Full Syn. and my motorcraft filter and I only had to pay them $12 to put it on the lift and drain it and fill her back up and guess what........freaking grease monkey gets his oily hands on my tan interior and proceeded to ram my car on his lift four times untill he got it on...I was watching in disbelief.....got the car back and noticed that they were having a hard time taking off the filter and checked under my front bumper and there were scratches everywhere....called the service manager and he talk to the tech and tech said he did not do it....what a liar!!!!! After a few word were exchanged I callmed down and said I want to talk to the owner of the dealer....guess before anything goes higher they rather do it in house first....now they are willing to fix the damage but they want me to leave my car there....what should I do??? I don't even want to deal with those :censored: anymore...maybe it will be better if I pay out of pocket.....input?????

DSC02903-2.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02904.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

Hey if you want to really screw them email ford quailty control and tell them what happen with your service it really hurts the dealership they lose incentives. That goes with every dealership that why you get those survey cards in the mail for service and sales I complain ones to toyota and got a free brake job all 4's with rotors. and bing a bill and get the cash

post-18733-1214534616.jpg

post-18733-1214534616.jpg

DSC02903-2.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02904.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

ouch! sorry that happened to you. I live in florida too, what dealer did this?

Man that sucks, but I have to ask the obvious question.... why didn't you stop him after the first "ramming" attempt to get on the lift?

I sneaked in behind a line that I was not supposed to be behind then a tech told me to get back behind some line because of insurance purposes I was not allowed near their bays....wish I could've ran over there and tell them to stop....I'm so pissed off I can't even sleep....hence here I am reading posts.....

It's painfully obvioius that the damage is FRESH!!! If they are a FORD dealer, let them fix it...if they are not, tell them you will get estimates and get back with them for them to pay for the repair...if they balk, tell them that they will hear from your Attorney next...then sue their butts AND the person who pulled the vehicle up on the rack.

I recently had mine done at my dealer, but they have their own little drive through oil change place out in their parking lot...only trouble is that it has a pretty high ramp to get up into the building...I told them that I would drive the car into the building and they were cool with that. I was going very slow and two of their guys were laying on the ground in front of the car watching and motioning for me to go ahead...all was well...

As far as the oil filter being hard to get off, I think FORD or someone at SAI, whoever put those first ones on there used every ounce of force they could use...I'm surprised that the rubber gaskets did not tear and leak like crazy as tight as those things got put on....my guy had to punch a hole in the old one with a screwdriver and after about 15 minutes was finally able to get it off but he was sweating like crazy!!!

Good luck on getting the damage fixed....let me know how it goes!!!!

If you need help, give me a shout...I bet if we bring the Texas Mafia down there to join the Miami Mafia, we can get it taken care of ;)

I've just called my insurance company USAA and they will send someone sometime by Friday or Monday to assess the damage.....I have a$500 deductible but man to go out without my ride is a hard thing to do....the dealer said that I can drop it off sometime next week and they will take care of it...I am in Nursing school and I do not have that much time off....I do not want to leave my car with them alone for what so they can do something else to my vehicle.....I'll wait for the insurance guy to come out and see if they,Armstrong Ford will fork over a check for me to have it fixed somewhere else...... :banghead::banghead::banghead::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Have you asked what they mean by "fix the damage"? From the sound of things I see them brushing on some touch up paint. I strongly doubt they are going to professionally repaint your spoiler on a $12 oil change.

Not saying thats right, all I'm saying is that is what I'm betting on. My advice cut your losses and don't return to that dealer again. A letter to Ford never hurts.

Steve

That's what my wife is telling me to do....she is willing to let it go and pay out of pocket but I hate it when I or anyone else gets taken advantage of......I had a gut feeling something was going to go wrong ....damn it, I should've bought a low profile jack with stands from Northern and did it my self....whatever, I will buy my own equipment....no more dealing with idiots anymore....wonder what they went to school for....

Hahaha, I'm surprised you still have the plastic "screws" still attached in the underside. I've already sheared them all off from rubbing and almost ripped my front bumper due to those damn rebars sticking out of the parking spots that one never notices. Some rivets quickly fixed that up.

Update...called the dealer this morning and asked told him that I am not comfortable leaving my vehicle at their place and is it possible to have another dealer fix my bumper or a independent shop and I was told no,either it has to be their shop or nothing,so I asked him if I can be there and oversee the person working on my car and again I was told no...so I called Ford customer relations and they can not do anything about it either....so I called my insurance company again and I was told that they will have someone come out and look at it and go from there....is there another Ford number that I can call that may help me in this situation? As someone has said this is going to be a trust issue and as of right now I do not trust anyone at that dealership....I even asked them about my decal going bad and they had no idea as to what I was talking about....it seems to me that they are not knowledgeable about Shelby vehicles.....man what a roller-coaster :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I've learned the hard way also, just like you, I never let anyone touch my car unless it's something that I absolutely can not do!

so I called my insurance company again and I was told that they will have someone come out and look at it and go from there....

I would be afraid that my insurance rates would go up for filing a claim. Its been years since I've filed an insurance claim but from past expereinces insurance rates always went up with a claim no matter whos fault and no matter if the insurance company collected from the other party. It was always file a claim and watch next years rate go up.

Have you thought of getting a repair estimate from an independent body shop and sending a demand letter to the dealership. In this demand letter you would have to state that if you are not compensated in say 30 days that you'll have no excuse but to file in small claims court.

Steve

Wow I live in Miami as well I sold my ShelbyGt and bought a GT500 im about ready to do my first oil change this weekend and you can bet no one will be touching my car but myself. Ive learned over the years that no one cares about your things but yourself. They have to pay for it get a lawyer and get heads rolling. Dont trust anyone with your car period and it will remain new.

FordRocks1,

Why call your Insurance and file a claim when THEY did the damage? You should not call your insurance. You have 500$ deduct. and i would say it may cost 500-750$ to fix

You should go see the Service Manager and ask them to fix it with a new Ford OEM part.

Wow I live in Miami as well I sold my ShelbyGt and bought a GT500 im about ready to do my first oil change this weekend and you can bet no one will be touching my car but myself. Ive learned over the years that no one cares about your things but yourself. They have to pay for it get a lawyer and get heads rolling. Dont trust anyone with your car period and it will remain new.

I change the oil in all my vehicles and have done so for many years now. There have only been a few times that I let a dealer change the oil and that was when it was free. Let me tell you, it's not worth it. A Honda dealer over-filled the oil in my Accord and cranked the drain plug and filter down so tight that I struggled to get them loose on the next oil change. An oil change is one of the simplest maintenance procedures you can do on a car and still they find ways to screw it up. Therefore, when I was offered a free oil change on the GT500, I did not take advantage of it.

Since you're going to be changing your GT500's oil soon - I suggest having one of those plier type oil filter wrenches handy; the OEM filter is cranked down pretty good.

I change the oil in all my vehicles and have done so for many years now. There have only been a few times that I let a dealer change the oil and that was when it was free. Let me tell you, it's not worth it. A Honda dealer over-filled the oil in my Accord and cranked the drain plug and filter down so tight that I struggled to get them loose on the next oil change. An oil change is one of the simplest maintenance procedures you can do on a car and still they find ways to screw it up. Therefore, when I was offered a free oil change on the GT500, I did not take advantage of it.

Since you're going to be changing your GT500's oil soon - I suggest having one of those plier type oil filter wrenches handy; the OEM filter is cranked down pretty good.

In a way im lucky my father own a transmission shop so I will use the drive on lift to change my oil, might do some other things while the car is on the lift.

I would be afraid that my insurance rates would go up for filing a claim. Its been years since I've filed an insurance claim but from past expereinces insurance rates always went up with a claim no matter whos fault and no matter if the insurance company collected from the other party. It was always file a claim and watch next years rate go up.

Have you thought of getting a repair estimate from an independent body shop and sending a demand letter to the dealership. In this demand letter you would have to state that if you are not compensated in say 30 days that you'll have no excuse but to file in small claims court.

Steve

+1000 :club:

Since you guys are taslking about oil changes and dealer service, I'll jump in here. I had taken my car to Wayne Ackers Ford twice now. they are located in Lake Worth FL. They have an SVT tec on staff. So I had it in for the clutch problem first time and an oil change, of coarse after two days they said noting was wrong with the clutch even after I had given a phone number for them to call. After several phone calls leaving messages for him to call back about how things were going with the clutch, he never returned any phone calls, ouch bad sign.I left with my car, feeling like the service writer did not care to listen to my issues. Finally got the new clutch from another dealer installed, but they were fifty miles away from my home but they did roll out the red carpet service and did a great job to boot. Ok soo now, I did not learn from the first visit to Wayne Ackers, I take it back for the air bag reflash and another oil change asking for the ford performance filter and muffler rattel, and rear end clutch pack squeek on right hand tight turns. Two days go by, have to get the Next tel phone number to this service writer to talk to him. Arrive go pay for my oil change and its like sixty dollars??????? shoulb be like eighty to hundred. See that the shop used a 5/20w oil, so I hunt him down and ask about the oil why is it not 5/50w? he gos in the shop and after awhile comes back and says they used the right oil 5/50w invoice wrong. Take it home still got the noise from the muffler area, but a bit better they removed the trans support brackites per TBS. The oil change still brothers me. So I call a guy in their parts dept. and ask about my service tickit, he was able to check out what was used and said they had not given me the correct oil it was a semi syn blend and reg oil filter. He calls the service writer and he calls me and askes to me to bring back my car. I put on about fifty miles on that oil change. So when i arrive I tell him to make me happy i want the friction lub added to rear end and that high performance filter installed. I get my car back after fourty minutes, take it home next day check the oil as i always do and it is a quarter quart low, I happen to have some and top it off. Later that week I'm still looking for the noise in the rear area, it's on another lift and see they did not give me the performance oil filter. I guess I too am going to have to service my own car from now on, you can't trust any one. I have the Ford extended warrenty hope I never have to use it. Should i write to the general manager, let them know of my past two visits and copy Ford customer viewpoint as you know they all want high dealer rateings for your service visit.

Folks after fighting all day with the dealer and Ford themselves to call the dealer and ask then to make it right it just got uglier...forget it...I'll pay out of pocket and let it be a lesson learned....I am a very easy going person but this pushed me over the edge to make sure I tell everyone that Armstrong Ford in Homestead Florida are not the kind of people one ought to take their car to ...I work in a hospital,I am a reservist, I am in a Mustang club.....let's see if word of them doing me wrong won't get around.....thank you all for giving me advice but like I have said...arguing is not my thing....just wish a Shelby mod shop opens around my way......

Since you guys are taslking about oil changes and dealer service, I'll jump in here. I had taken my car to Wayne Ackers Ford twice now. they are located in Lake Worth FL. They have an SVT tec on staff. So I had it in for the clutch problem first time and an oil change, of coarse after two days they said noting was wrong with the clutch even after I had given a phone number for them to call. After several phone calls leaving messages for him to call back about how things were going with the clutch, he never returned any phone calls, ouch bad sign.I left with my car, feeling like the service writer did not care to listen to my issues. Finally got the new clutch from another dealer installed, but they were fifty miles away from my home but they did roll out the red carpet service and did a great job to boot. Ok soo now, I did not learn from the first visit to Wayne Ackers, I take it back for the air bag reflash and another oil change asking for the ford performance filter and muffler rattel, and rear end clutch pack squeek on right hand tight turns. Two days go by, have to get the Next tel phone number to this service writer to talk to him. Arrive go pay for my oil change and its like sixty dollars??????? shoulb be like eighty to hundred. See that the shop used a 5/20w oil, so I hunt him down and ask about the oil why is it not 5/50w? he gos in the shop and after awhile comes back and says they used the right oil 5/50w invoice wrong. Take it home still got the noise from the muffler area, but a bit better they removed the trans support brackites per TBS. The oil change still brothers me. So I call a guy in their parts dept. and ask about my service tickit, he was able to check out what was used and said they had not given me the correct oil it was a semi syn blend and reg oil filter. He calls the service writer and he calls me and askes to me to bring back my car. I put on about fifty miles on that oil change. So when i arrive I tell him to make me happy i want the friction lub added to rear end and that high performance filter installed. I get my car back after fourty minutes, take it home next day check the oil as i always do and it is a quarter quart low, I happen to have some and top it off. Later that week I'm still looking for the noise in the rear area, it's on another lift and see they did not give me the performance oil filter. I guess I too am going to have to service my own car from now on, you can't trust any one. I have the Ford extended warrenty hope I never have to use it. Should i write to the general manager, let them know of my past two visits and copy Ford customer viewpoint as you know they all want high dealer rateings for your service visit.

Believe it or not you should be about half way on the stick for full.You overfilled it if you brought it up to the full mark.Too much oil creates crank windage issues.Trust me.6 1/2 quarts is about 1/2 to 3/4 full on the stick.

Believe it or not you should be about half way on the stick for full.You overfilled it if you brought it up to the full mark.Too much oil creates crank windage issues.Trust me.6 1/2 quarts is about 1/2 to 3/4 full on the stick.

I personally feel better running the FULL seven quarts with the level at the FULL mark............ :dance:

Archived