TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great. Time to get the Shelby painted...someone scratched it to hell and back.

CRQuarto

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife had her new RAV-4 keyed at work. On Saturdays the employees have to park in the back, to leave the main parking for customers. She had maybe 2,000 miles on it. Since she stopped working weekends, no problems. But 2 others have had their cars keyed, and one had her tires slashed. Plicks!

Sorry about your car, CR.

Your latest troubles reminded me of my old Celica. Someone busted the tail lights and driver's side mirror one night. While we were waiting for parts, my wife parked it and was going into the shopping centre, when she noticed an empty car rolling towards it! It hit the driver's door, so we had another wait for repairs, and all the hassles that go along with it. Like you said, it was a bad week...

Your latest troubles reminded me of my old Celica. Someone busted the tail lights and driver's side mirror one night. While we were waiting for parts, my wife parked it and was going into the shopping centre, when she noticed an empty car rolling towards it! It hit the driver's door, so we had another wait for repairs, and all the hassles that go along with it. Like you said, it was a bad week...

Completely off topic, but Celicas were tough little cars....my buddies in high school used to beat them up so much, and they would just keep going like it was nothing....good little cars...wish I had one now with gas prices! :shift:

Woohoo, shop called this morning, the stripes came in so they are applying them today, letting them dry and cure overnight, and tomorrow they will make sure the car is perfect and I can pick it up....provided the stupid check from the insurance company comes in the mail tomorrow. :happy feet:

Woohoo, shop called this morning, the stripes came in so they are applying them today, letting them dry and cure overnight, and tomorrow they will make sure the car is perfect and I can pick it up....provided the stupid check from the insurance company comes in the mail tomorrow. :happy feet:

Can't wait to hear the results.

So, I am coming out of work today, and I walk into our parking structure we have.  I walk upstairs, and over to my car, and of course, immediately notice this crap:DSC00527.jpgDSC00525.jpgDSC00524.jpgDSC00522.jpgDSC00528.jpgDSC00529.jpgWow.  No note, nothing.  I can tell exactly what did it too...someone had a duffel bag over their shoulder, and drug it across the side.  I REALLY hope it wasn't someone I work with.  This gouge goes all the way to metal on the door, and stretches from the front fender, all the way back to the rear quarter panel and ends at the wheel well.  I am sick to my friggen stomach, I had just worked 20 hours of overtime this past week to pay for a bunch of mods I had planned, and instead I get to spend $500 chunk of it on my insurance deductible to get this fixed.  Guess I will be calling GAS up to see if their body shop will take me...At least if the person who had done it had left a note saying, "Hey I scratched your car I am sorry here is my phone number and name blah blah blah"  I would honestly not have been mad, I would have just been bummed, but at least he person fessed up.  It's crap like this that makes me REALLY pissed off.  Honest people are few and far between now.
that is what make it so hard for me to leave my car anywhere unattended- people are cruel and it is sad- The only place I feel someshat safe is at a car show or even the track- with people who love their cars- had someone back into my front bumper at the track and it cost me 400.00 . I try to park as far away as possibe but it seems some idiot always parks next to me anyway- not a daily driver thank goodness- once someone was parked next to me and it looked like we were so far from the store you would nedd hiking boots and when I walked up to my car there was a note and I thought oh s--t but it said cool car- sorry for your issue as it is not only heart breaking but time consuming to find a good shop and get the car back on a timely basis- tell them you are fussy and if they give the wrong anser find anothe shop- it is your right- that sucks!

I have had several vandalism incidents in the past (in each case the cars had less then 300miles on them) and the only cure is to get a "daily driver" which is a bit more sublime and doesn't attract attention, otherwise the jealous bastards out there will get you every time. Save your baby for weekends, safe parking lots, etc., and take the "daily driver." You'll enjoy your baby a lot more.

Good luck on the re-paint (and that will probably be another story...I've been through that, too)...

Remember...they didn't do it because they have disrespect for you...they did it because they're jealous and wish they could own one...that's what it really boils down to.

My Vette is driven only on weekends and when I take it to a restaurant, it's one that I can see where she's parked...PITA, but it's better than going through what you're going through now...

• 3 weeks later...
Did your car get repaired?

Any Pic's?

Hey Rob :) Yes, it was repaired/painted and looks PERFECT! The paint is flawless, and the metal flaking was laid down perfectly so that the champagne tinge that the Vapor color has to it at certain angles is there, which from what I understand if the painter does not do it just right, it changes the color of the hue. I did take some pictures but I have not had a chance to upload them, I will do that tomorrow :) I can honestly say that I am glad I took it to the shop that I did. I found out later that they are named Newport Shelby Cobras for a reason....they are a licensed Shelby resto shop! The only issue we are dealing with, is the roof striping keeps bubbling up due to the way that Ford packaged it. It comes in a roll, and it tends to crease the vinyl. They had Ford ship them a set flat in a box this time, so I need to head over and get that redone. I also have to go to a dealership to have them apply my VIN door sticker, as because they had to repaint the driver side door they had to remove the sticker. Apparently, a dealership has to apply the stickers to ensure that they go on the right car. No biggie :)

CR

Glad the repairs are satisfactory. Sounds like you found a good shop and got good service. It is nice to know there are shops with this kind of professionalism and care.

I can tell everyone who has replied have the same sentiment. This was truly a cowardly act. The type of person who respects no one or anything and probably thinks he/she deserves respect although has never earned it. Truly a weak individual. I really want to continue to rant about this but I think I have written enough.

I hope you continue to enjoy your Shelby at least as much as I enjoy mine.

Wow,

I bet it is a relief to have your baby home. :happy feet:

Yes it is, in fact, to celebrate, I put on my first mod ;) What could it be I wonder!? Do I have pics!? I guess the unveiling of the first mod will have to wait until tomorrow when there is sunlight for me to take a picture of it in...but I guess I could post a picture of my oil pan. I snapped this photo while I was over at 281 Motorsports getting the mod installed. I am thinking it is a star? What was yours Rob? Sorry for the poor picture quality, I snapped it with my iPhone and I moved a little.

IMG_0043.jpg

Mine was a smile.

....can you post the TSB impressions now that you picked up your car?

Put it in this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=32127&hl=

That was next ;) I am waiting until I get home so I can use my computer, I have the invoice for the parts and labor, I was going to scan it in or take a picture of it, and my camera is at home. I can say that it is smooth as silk now....I had to learn to drive my car all over again. How's yours Rob?

That was next ;) I am waiting until I get home so I can use my computer, I have the invoice for the parts and labor, I was going to scan it in or take a picture of it, and my camera is at home. I can say that it is smooth as silk now....I had to learn to drive my car all over again. How's yours Rob?

Today I was out on my Harley with my son, but after dinner....I took the 500 out for a spin. I am very happy with the new set up. :shift:

Today I was out on my Harley with my son, but after dinner....I took the 500 out for a spin. I am very happy with the new set up. :shift:

Nice Rob, I bet there is some beautiful cruising out there. I love Washington, my mother and brother live in Walla Walla, and I can't believe some of the scenery out there. Is it just me, or does the clutch feel like it grabs much harder now?

CRQuarto - glad everything turned out well and that you're happy with the paint job.

Did you get the FRPP shifter installed?

Thanks 6-Speed :) I was extremely pleased with the paint job, I was truly dreading getting it done as I have heard so many horror stories. I am planning on taking the car back to the same paint shop to have them paint the stripes on and color sand the entire car, but that is later down the road, as it is very expensive, but well worth it.

I did not have the FRPP shifter installed, though I was very close to doing so. I only didn't, as I am still considering the Steeda Tri-axe shifter as well. Once I decide, I will have my shop install it for me, I would rather spend the money having the transmission dropped again and making sure I got exactly what I wanted, rather than hastily ordering something and having them install it without really deciding. :)

Archived