TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am getting an Average of 18.2MPG in my 07 gt500

EXPcustom

My 07 GT500 is my daily driver with 12000 miles already. No Mods yet. I was averaging around 13MPG driving everywhere like how I wanted to. Really punching it.

Gas prices and my new job really had me considering buying a crappy Honda for a commuter. So as an experiment I just changed my driving style to see how much better Gas Mileage I can get.

Recently I took a job and have to commute 40 miles each way to Santa Cruz which includes driving through the Santa Cruz Mountain Range everyday. For the last month I have averaged according to my on board computer display 18.2MPG! This is an average of City and Highway. Also remember on my commute Halfway is UPHILL.

I just made sure my tires are inflated and oil is changed regularly. I also did not downshift all the time to slow down.

People look at me like I am crazy when I tell them its my daily driver and I get 18MPG but I show them my computer.

I do want to know will my Ford CAI change my MPG? I want to know this before I install it. I know sometimes people get better MPG with a good CAI.

I got to give it to Ford on the GT500. To make a realistic 500HP daily driver. :happy feet:

DD here also.I stay around the 20-21 range with mostly interstate or at least very little city driving.Was hoping for 30 but 20 will do :happy feet: I would like to see some response on the CAI and tune also and its effect on mileage.

With the FRPP CAI and tune I get 18 MPG all the time in town. And that includes a few spirited stop light starts.

Before the CAI I would usually be in the 20 MPG range. There are some previous threads from last year where we were comparing mileage.

With the FRPP CAI and tune I get 18 MPG all the time in town. And that includes a few spirited stop light starts.

Before the CAI I would usually be in the 20 MPG range. There are some previous threads from last year where we were comparing mileage.

I get around 18.5 with my mods. I drive 40 miles one way mostly highway with less than 10 stop lights but when its stop light time I don't hesitate to get to 60 as fast as I can. I only drive mine about once a week and some around town on the weekends. I say get the cheap honda its not that you'll pay for it with the cost of gas but you might after you save some on your insurance my making it your DD and putting the Shelby as a Sunday cruiser status.

You get 18mpg in town??!!. I am sorry but that's :censored::redcard: Ok, now that I've expressed my initial thought, how on earth does one get that mileage with our cars while driving in town? Even with my tune and CAI and some granny dirving I still get 14-15mpg at best. When I drive the car like I stole it, which is 95% of the time, I get 10mpg.

I average 19 MPG in town. It only goes down when school's in session. I drive through 2 schools zones that congest the same major road on my route.

I just filled up this morning, after a really slow tank, where my average speed was around 30 mph. Lots of construction delays, parkades (yikes!), etc., and I averaged 14.7 MPG. I usually get about 19-20 MPG in mixed driving, at about a 45mph average. Everything is stock on the convertible.

I just filled up this morning, after a really slow tank, where my average speed was around 30 mph. Lots of construction delays, parkades (yikes!), etc., and I averaged 14.7 MPG. I usually get about 19-20 MPG in mixed driving, at about a 45mph average. Everything is stock on the convertible.

I noticed average speed can have alot to do with it. When its around 23mph I know I was getting 14MPG. Now its around 43MPH and I am getting the 18.2

I found with production cars with manufacturing variables as well as driving styles MPG can vary from same car to car from 1 to 4.5 MPG

Archived