TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tana ran over a chunk of plastic in the road

Grabber

This week end Tana was out driving around town took a turn on a local street and ran over a piece of plastic in the road. She did not see it until she heard the clunk. Then she looked in the rear view mirror....and saw a piece of some sort of plastic bouncing in the road. She thought nothing of it. :baby:

:cry: I detailed the car and found this 2 inch long scratch thru the paint into the black plastic rocker molding. (Pic does not show it well)

th_CaliforniaSpecial024.jpg

:cry::cry: ....and this 1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide by 1/4 inch deep gash. :rant2:

th_CaliforniaSpecial025.jpg

I have a replacement set on order from one of our vendors for $99 plus shipping.

http://newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAction...amp;ProdID=8127

Hoping for an easy installation.

sorry to hear that Rob; many hazards out there for cars really being driven. Is Tana getting ready for her black belt test? and is it coming up soon?

John

John,

She tests in late fall due to her needing a partner to test with. She goes to practice 3 times a week. She is teaching the class tomorrow because the instructor is at nationals.

My new rocker panels arrived today from New Take Off. Flaweless product made by FMCO.

15 minute install for the passenger side. I now have a spare for the drivers side.

Remove the existing one by carefully poping the bottom clips out with a special tool that you can get at any auto part store. Then remove the 2 front fender clips.

Then pull straight out with both hands on the piece, working your way from front to back. Then remove the clips from the inside of the existing piece and put them on the new one.

Get a helper and snap it in place and put the bottom clips back in. That's all....and it's good as new again. Here are some pic's that Tana took of the installation.

CaliforniaSpecial042.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial045.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial048.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial049.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial050.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial051.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial052.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial053.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial054.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial055.jpg

Cool! Cute dog.

Your son is going to be quite a mechanic when you get all done with Tana's car!

Was Tana the photographer?

Yes - Tana took the pic's.

When David and I got home tonight from a 75 mile spin in the GT500 we cleaned up the GT500 in the driveway. While we were out there, Tana backed her car out of the garage to get a good look at the repair. Here are some better pic's of the new rocker panel outside.

DairyQueen023.jpg

DairyQueen022.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial102.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial103.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial104.jpg

Archived