TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT owners...what's your 2nd favorite SGT color?

AFBLUE

63 members have voted

1. 1. SGT owners Pick your 2nd favorite color (or favorite if you prefer another over the color you own)

• Black
    • White
    • Orange
    • Blue

My favorite is the orange. It took me a couple weeks then it grew on me too. I looked into getting 08SGT0038 in March but realized my wife would have divorced me had I. Like black second then blue then white but all are really close within 1 percent.

I agree, it is hell keeping the black clean especially since I drive it quite a bit. Have 5500 miles already.

How are things your way?

I agree with all of the folks saying that Black is a :censored: to keep clean but I wouldn't change it....second color would be a white SGT....for maybe a white one my wife may quit yelling at me :finger: ...I clean my Black SGT constantly and I think I can get away from washing the white one only once a week......

My preferences are:

1. Blue (Can't beat it!)

2. Black (The person who said, "Black is not a color, it's a hobby," is absolutely correct).

3. White (The color of my next Mustang).

4. Orange (The real attention getter).

My choices are

1. White (Duh)

2. Grabber Orange (Just looks Special)

3. Vista Blue

4. Black (I'm retired and don't want a part time job)

Jim

1. Black

1a. Vista Blue (if would have been an 07 color, I'd be driving the blue)

2. Orange

3. White

It's a pretty slim margin all the way down. I have NEVER liked a white car-never been appealing to me in any way...that being said, I think the white SGT is far and away the sharpest white car I've ever seen.

My order of preference is:

1. Blue

2. Orange

3. White

4. Black (too lazy to keep it looking good)

Those Orange GT-Cs have grown on me. Think it was the MotorTrend article that did it.

Same order here. I had a black corvette and it was hard to keep clean plus they get hot in the South. Love it, just lot's more work to keep em clean.

I love the Grabber Orange too but my wife is not fond of it.

I like one in every color... Maybe a better question is what color would you have liked to see offered for the SGT? Remember, the SGT would still have the silver stripe.

2008 mustang colors...

Alloy Clearcoat Metallic

Dark Candy Apple Red Metallic

Highland Green

Silver Metallic

Torch Red

Vapor Metallic

Windveil Blue Metallic

Also, it's amazing how many choices they had back in 1966. The exterior colors included Arcadian Blue, Candy Apple Red, Antique Bronze, Brittany Blue, Dark Moss Green, Light Beige, Emberglo, Maroon Metallic, Ivy Green Metallic, Medium Silver Metallic, Raven Black, Medium Palomino Metallic, Nightmist Blue, Sahara Beige, Sauterne Gold, Sapphire Blue for Shelbys, Signalflare Red, Silver Blue Metallic, Silver Blue, Springtime Yellow, Vintage Burgundy, Silver Frost, Tahoe Turquoise, and Wimbledon White.

I love grabber Blue but wouldn't think it would work for a SGT...more of a boss color.

gt500grabberblue.jpg

Boss_Stangs.jpg

My list as the order of complexity in keeping them looking good is the same.My black GT500 after my black Vette will be my last black car.

1.Performance White

2.Grabber Orange

3.Vist Blue

4.Black

I actually like all of the colors,Black especially but damn between work and my 15 year old I forgot about the career that black can be.

If I'd known the 09's were going to be blue I would have waited. :angry22:

Dr HVAC. Love the yellow rookie stripes.

thanx Adam, standing for a rookie is fine with me, I am assuming ok with you too. the yellow just goes with the Terlingua stickers better than red. It wont be long and Roger will be putting rookie stripes on his too. :hysterical: come on Roger you know you want too!

I must admit I should have checked "black" on my vote. The vote "could" be a bit misleading as when it is all done and over with it will appear that other colors are more desirable than the far superior and faster Black color as the best color Shelby GT. Man, I would like to change my vote to black!

thanx Adam, standing for a rookie is fine with me, I am assuming ok with you too. the yellow just goes with the Terlingua stickers better than red. It wont be long and Roger will be putting rookie stripes on his too. :hysterical: come on Roger you know you want too!

He's the one that came up with the idea (I think you knew that). He got me the yellow days before I even knew what he was up to. Meanwhile, I was the one that came up with the idea for all the other stickers that we both had for the birthday bash. More on this later.

Archived