TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brenham Classic Car Cruise Nite

oilbleak

For anyone in or around the Houston area, some of us in the Mustang Club of Houston are going to cruise up Brenham on Saturday for the "Hot Nights, Cool Tunes" outdoor concert and car cruise. PM me if you'd like details on where to meet for the cruise up there.

Matt

Darn, i'd love to go, but I'll be in Huntsville all weekend. Bummer. i'd like more info on the Mustang Club of Houston if you have any.

Chris

Check out www.mcoh.org

Dues are $60 a year, but $40 of that goes to the Mustang Club of America so if you're already a member of MCA then you just have to pay the local dues of $20. We have 2 car shows every year (Spring and Fall) that benefit The Institute for Research and Rehabiliation. I'll post the flyer for our Fall show when it gets closer to October. We meet every 3rd Sunday of the month at Freeway Ford (HWY 59 and Hillcroft) at 2:00pm. The Saturday before the meeting we have an "official" club cruise (weather depending), and we do different stuff for those. For our July cruise we're going to go up to the Niftee 50ees show at Spring-Cypress and Champion Forest. I think our August "cruise" will be go-cart racing since it's usually way too hot that time of year to spend a few hours outside. Visitors and non-club members are always welcome to join us on a cruise. As Les (the club president) tells anyone and everyone, we really don't do anything as a group that doesn't include eating. We stop somewhere for dinner during our cruises and we always end a meeting with cake or some other sweet snack. This Saturday isn't really an "official" cruise, so I'm not sure just how many Mustangs will be there but I think some of guys in the Texas OFSCC [Old Farts Sports Car Club] are planning on joining us. Msmap, b17drvr, and I are the only MCOH members on this forum that I know of but there could be a few I don't know about.

Matt

We had a pretty good time on Saturday night. There were about 11 cars from the Mustang Club of Houston that made the drive up to Brenham and plenty of nice classic cars. Here's a shot of the parking lot MCOH took over (mine's the SGT in the foreground of course). The other shot is of the only other Shelby that was there, but he wasn't a member of MCOH.

Matt

post-11147-1214791036.jpg

post-11147-1214791109.jpg

post-11147-1214791036.jpg

post-11147-1214791109.jpg

Archived