TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should Shelby Make The KR Hood Available For Public Purchase?

clutch

KR Hood Public Availability  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should You Be Able To Purchase A KR Hood If You Own Any Shelby?

• Yes.
    • No.

Shelby has told me the KR hood would retail for $6500.00. Expensive, but if someone wanted to purchase one at that price, I think they should be able to.

They also said the reason it wasn't available was to cut down the cloans, since as they put it, cloans devalue the vehicles and it wouldn't be fair to those who purchased a real Shelby.

Yet, they sell GT500 parts on their website.

Fellows, if it's not a KR or Shelby GT, they don't consider it a real Shelby despite what they pay lip service to.

Where is the proof that 67-68 clones hurt the value of "the real deal" ?

I think based on what we went through to get our GT500s, what we paid, and what it says on the left of our trunks, we ARE part of the Shelby family, and thus, if we want to buy a Shelby part for our vehicle, we should be welcomed to do so.

This is not another hate Ford/Shelby thread. I love my GT500, and without Ford and Shelby working together, I would not have a Shelby since I could not afford a classic. But are we, or are we not part of the family? If we are, why can't we buy parts off of the KR when others can buy GT500 parts for their non-Shelby mustangs from Shelby/Ford?

Shelby has told me the KR hood would retail for $6500.00. Expensive, but if someone wanted to purchase one at that price, I think they should be able to.

They also said the reason it wasn't available was to cut down the cloans, since as they put it, cloans devalue the vehicles and it wouldn't be fair to those who purchased a real Shelby.

Yet, they sell GT500 parts on their website.

Fellows, if it's not a KR or Shelby GT, they don't consider it a real Shelby despite what they pay lip service to.

Where is the proof that 67-68 clones hurt the value of "the real deal" ?

I think based on what we went through to get our GT500s, what we paid, and what it says on the left of our trunks, we ARE part of the Shelby family, and thus, if we want to buy a Shelby part for our vehicle, we should be welcomed to do so.

This is not another hate Ford/Shelby thread. I love my GT500, and without Ford and Shelby working together, I would not have a Shelby since I could not afford a classic. But are we, or are we not part of the family? If we are, why can't we buy parts off of the KR when others can buy GT500 parts for their non-Shelby mustangs from Shelby/Ford?

It would seem fair for SAI play by the same rules for the GT500 as the KR.

If I had the money for it, yes, I would buy the KR hood for my GT500. Nothing against the SS hood, but its more refined and classy vs. more aggressive and dominant, yet show the same basic design. Not looking to be a clone of a KR, just like the hood.

I know the people getting a GT500KR would say NO to this big time, as its always been billed as KR-only, no ifs ands or buts.

</Shack>

If I had the money for it, yes, I would buy the KR hood for my GT500. Nothing against the SS hood, but its more refined and classy vs. more aggressive and dominant, yet show the same basic design. Not looking to be a clone of a KR, just like the hood.

I know the people getting a GT500KR would say NO to this big time, as its always been billed as KR-only, no ifs ands or buts.

</Shack>

+1

It is also functional in directing the ram air the way it should...and been tested ..so with TVS stage 3 will be a killer combo. i will go for it.

Update: According to Shelby, it's Ford who won't sell the hood to the general public, and not them........

Since Ford could care less about who they sell GT500 parts to, I'm thinking something else is going on.......

Maybe once all the KR mark-ups have been but away safely in the bank, Ford will release the hood into their parts bin.....if they need the money......

But I don't think they would ever double-cross KR owners......

Ford could care less about the mark ups. It's the dealers who get them. Their mark up is in the 30k+ KR package. We had someone come in and try to order KR wheels but we couldn't get them because he couldn't prove he owned one. I don't know what the problem is. To build a knock off over the parts counter could cost as much as a real one, especially if you are starting w/ a 6500 dollar hood. Some of these will get wrecked and the good parts will find there way onto a regular GT500. Then there is the pesky problem of the VIN. I'm surprised Ford didn't use a different body code or engine code in teh VIN for the KR. It would have made it MUCH more difficult to clone if that is what they were worried about.

Update: According to Shelby, it's Ford who won't sell the hood to the general public, and not them........

Since Ford could care less about who they sell GT500 parts to, I'm thinking something else is going on.......

Maybe once all the KR mark-ups have been but away safely in the bank, Ford will release the hood into their parts bin.....if they need the money......

But I don't think they would ever double-cross KR owners......

Never happen "doublecross" they only made the GT500 2 years......right?? Opps!

Archived