TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone here into Guns?????????????????

BTW- I watched a speech of obama about 2-3 months ago. He had won a state in the primaries and was giving a long speech about how wonderful he is. He mentioned he supported the individual right of firearm ownership. He supports hunters, he supports the second amendment. He then switch on to other subjects, and about 5-10 minutes later was saying that the violence in our cities is too high and he supports the Washington DC total gun ban. He not only contradicted himself, flagrantly, but he did it within 10 minutes within the same speech. The liberals are now saying they support hunting, etc, but behind the scenes are working to take everything away. This next election will be the most important in our history.

Yup, heard that speech myself...being that I am in favor of people having the right to bear arms I am not in favor of someone trying to set me up (Obama),that one minute he supports me and then the next minute he flip-flops and try to get my right taken away from me....no way,in addition to his many views of how he is to run this country makes me doubt his leadership!!! I would rather be sent to Iraq again to fight for the rights of this country than to vote for his party!!! Sorry...got carried away.....

post-19841-1214482863.gif

post-19841-1214482863.gif

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm gonna get to see ol' Eddie next month in L.A. The "VH1 Rock Honors" is honoring my favorite band, The Ooo, this year.

Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Incubus, and Flaming Lips will all do something Who-ish. Then the lads will take the stage. It will be broadcast July 17. Look for me in the third row off of Pete's side of the stage, in the white Eli Manning Super Bowl jersey.

:happy feet:

Im jealous.....PJ is one of the few bands I love that I have never seen.

Saw Incubus last year, they are fantastic!

Enjoy.

There are issues on this thread that Bandit and I , and other disagree. However, I think it is safe to say that Bandit and I will agree on one thing. If you love your liberty, your freedom, the right to protect yourself and family; then join the NRA. This is one of the only groups fighting to protect your rights. The NRA has about 4 million members and has been cited as one of the most effective lobbying groups on Capital Hill. In 1995, if I remember correctly, then President Klinton; in his state of the union address, pointed to the chairs of democrats that lost their election in 1994 and said it was all the fault of the NRA. The NRA said they took that as a compliment. Again, join the NRA. As the numbers swell it is tough for politicians to vote against our rights when they know they will be removed from office.

And as we approach the 4th of July lets think, and support, our military service personnel. Without them we would not have a 2nd amendment, our lifestyle, or even the 4th of July. Support the USO. Support the politicians that support the military. I think Bandit and I, and others will agree. Remember, if you can read this post, thank a teacher. If you can read this post in English, thank a soldier (or Airman, Marine, Naval, or Coast Guard).

Way to go Supreme Court!!!! :happy feet:

Court rules in favor of Second Amendment gun right ....http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080626/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_guns

I'm just tired of packing everywhere I go. I have callous on my hip from 7 months of wearing my pistol belt with 9mm every day in - day out. It's gonna feel great to not (have to) carry a gun someday. :)

edit - I can count my blessings I don't have to lug an M-16 though

I'm just tired of packing everywhere I go. I have callous on my hip from 7 months of wearing my pistol belt with 9mm every day in - day out. It's gonna feel great to not (have to) carry a gun someday. :)

edit - I can count my blessings I don't have to lug an M-16 though

Let me offer a suggestion for an easier carry. The S&W Model 642 lightweight revolver in the right front pants pocket of dress or casual slacks. It is 15 ounces. Or you can get the titanium for only about 13 ounces or the scandium for about 11-12 ounces. If someone approaches you can casually place one or both of your hands in your front pockets. If you need the weapon you can draw and fire at close range, 5 rounds of 38+P. Lighting fast and very light. Remember the person that wins a gunfight is the first best shot! Good Luck.

Let me offer a suggestion for an easier carry. The S&W Model 642 lightweight revolver in the right front pants pocket of dress or casual slacks. It is 15 ounces. Or you can get the titanium for only about 13 ounces or the scandium for about 11-12 ounces. If someone approaches you can casually place one or both of your hands in your front pockets. If you need the weapon you can draw and fire at close range, 5 rounds of 38+P. Lighting fast and very light. Remember the person that wins a gunfight is the first best shot! Good Luck.

I don't think he has that option/luxury as I believe he is talking about his M9 service pistol. If you look under his avatar it says he is in Iraq. Just a guess on my part.

I don't think he has that option/luxury as I believe he is talking about his M9 service pistol. If you look under his avatar it says he is in Iraq. Just a guess on my part.

My mistake, did not notice the location. When he is home he will have the option of hopefully carrying something much lighter than the full size M9. May your short timer calendar start soon and God Speed you home safe and sound, and all protecting our country! Hurry home and switch to a lighter self defense piece.

• 1 month later...
I love my glocks and my sig, and my kimber pistols. my fav is the glock as the only safety is the one god made for me, never shot myself.

clear your gun, look for empty chamber, then look again. shooting yourself on accident with an unloaded gun is caused by cocky, lazy people that forget to look and look again. it only takes 10 seconds, imo worth it. Jim your opinion on this subject please.

Hi Chris,

Guess I am little late to the party on this one. I agree with your view, though I think many who have injured themselves were poorly trained. I was trained with pistols when I was going to go into law enforcement in the early 70's (got close and then went to the dark side . . . the law :hysterical:). For me, it is real, real simple: There is no such thing as an unloaded firearm. A firearm must affirmatively prove to me that it is not loaded before I will conclude that it is not. My instructor was Jim Sing of the the San Diego Police Department and he schooled us over and over until it stuck. No matter how much of a hurry I am in, there is always time to assure that a weapon is unloaded. As to the safety, I have used all kinds and I have never felt vulnerable with a Glock. Certainly people differ on what they are comfortable with and I agree that you should not have to go to work with a pistol that you are not 100% comfortable with.

Jim

My favorite is the Glock although I have a few S&Ws also.

America is a great place. Where else could you even have the discussion we have on this thread? I have only one S&W but like it very much.

Jim

From the 1986 to 1993 I've carried revolvers, Sig .45, and Glock .40 on duty. My favorite was the Glock by far. Under stress you don't need to be fooling around with a stinking safety, and the consistent trigger pull was a plus too. Glocks are just as safe as a revolver as long as the person is trained with the weapon, and they don't handle the weapon while their head is up their butt!

On a side note...I completed my "class" for concealed carry last night. I felt like a high school graduate sitting in first grade, but I understand the necessity for everyone to go through the training. I bought my second S&W M&P 9mm sub-compact last night. The first was a .45. I was surprised how well the 9mm shot last night. It had a nice, clean trigger break, (not to mean that the .45 was bad), and grouped well for my 48 year old eyes.

• 2 months later...

I thought some of you might like to see one of the latest offerings from Smith & Wesson. It is a special edition of Model 442. Here is the article I found in the current issue of the American Bar Association Journal:

"How do you commemorate a landmark Supreme Court decision upholding a private Second Amendment right to bear arms? With a handgun, of course.

Working with Smith & Wesson, the Second Amendment Foundation memorialized the victory for gun owners in District of Columbia v. Heller with a specially engraved S&W Model 442. The choice of the stylish and familiar-looking .38-caliber revolver was also intended as an insider’s poke at D.C. gun laws, which ban semi-automatics but permit revolvers, says Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Bellevue, Wash., group.

The foundation gave six of the revolvers to the Heller plaintiffs, but others are available for about $600 at licensed gun dealers nationwide. Proceeds from special-edition sales, Gottlieb says, will help fund additional gun-rights litigation."

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...amp;isFirearm=Y

Jim

I have a S&W Sigma 9VE that has two 16 Shot Clips. Went to the Shooting Range and shot a Box of Regular Bullits threw it with no problems. Then I switched to Hollow Points, after about the 10th shot, it jammed and jammed on every Hollow Point after that. Since the Tip of the Bullit is flat the top edge of the Bullit would hit the top edge of the Barrell and get jammed. I was told that I could file the top edge of the Barrell so it would not hit there. I decided to put the Gun up for sell instead instead. It is just like the one I had when I started this thread.

David.

I have a S&W Sigma 9VE that has two 16 Shot Clips. Went to the Shooting Range and shot a Box of Regular Bullits threw it with no problems. Then I switched to Hollow Points, after about the 10th shot, it jammed and jammed on every Hollow Point after that. Since the Tip of the Bullit is flat the top edge of the Bullit would hit the top edge of the Barrell and get jammed. I was told that I could file the top edge of the Barrell so it would not hit there. I decided to put the Gun up for sell instead instead. It is just like the one I had when I started this thread.

David.

I'm impressed with the S&W M&P's that I have. No problems at all. Yesterday, I ordered a set of Crimson Trace grips for the 9mm subcompact. That's the only I'll be carrying concealed.

David.

My brother is trying to sell his also but no takers....the trigger pull is way too heavy and too far back. It is a OK beginners gun but no one keeps them for a long time and trying to find a gun smith willing to change parts is hard at lest around my area. Good luck with the sale. I stick with Glocks- I have their newest .45 GAP. very nice and reliable, just got the 5.5LBS trigger pull changed to a 3.0lbs this year. There are tons of mods for Glocks.

I thought some of you might like to see one of the latest offerings from Smith & Wesson. It is a special edition of Model 442. Here is the article I found in the current issue of the American Bar Association Journal:

"How do you commemorate a landmark Supreme Court decision upholding a private Second Amendment right to bear arms? With a handgun, of course.

Working with Smith & Wesson, the Second Amendment Foundation memorialized the victory for gun owners in District of Columbia v. Heller with a specially engraved S&W Model 442. The choice of the stylish and familiar-looking .38-caliber revolver was also intended as an insider’s poke at D.C. gun laws, which ban semi-automatics but permit revolvers, says Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Bellevue, Wash., group.

The foundation gave six of the revolvers to the Heller plaintiffs, but others are available for about $600 at licensed gun dealers nationwide. Proceeds from special-edition sales, Gottlieb says, will help fund additional gun-rights litigation."

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...amp;isFirearm=Y

Jim

That is a nice gun but I personally do not like revolvers without the hammer, I know it serves a purpose in the meaning that it wont get caught in your shirt or belt and its good for concealed but to pull the trigger and having a accurate shot you have to practice a lot. I've been looking for a S&W .38 special that interchanges with the .357 rounds-those are bad-a$$...

I recently purchased a Kimber .45 SIS Pro with a 4" barrel. It is fun to shoot and easy to take apart, clean, and reassemble.

post-9205-1226023908_thumb.jpg

post-9205-1226023978_thumb.jpg

post-9205-1226023991_thumb.jpg

Very nice looking Kimber. I have always been partial towards 1911's. Cant beat them, a little hard to carry if you have a full size though i have done it before. But i have a Glock .40 that i use now for a carry gun, not a bad little gun but still prefer 1911's. Here is the newest one to the collection. :happy feet:

post-22874-1226031932_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1226031946_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1226031959_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1226031973_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1226031932_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1226031946_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1226031959_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1226031973_thumb.jpg

I currently have 22 1911's in my collection and counting, it used to be about 30. The last one was an all original and correct WWII Remington Rand with a 99% Du-lite blued finish; I have a wide variety of 1911 & 1911-A1 manufactures in my collection including Colt, Argentine Colt, Ithaca, Remington Rand, Remington-UMC, Kimber, S&W, Sig, STI and Ed Brown. My prized favorite is my Great Uncle's Colt Commerical 1911 that he took with him into battle against the Hun in the World War; it's all beat to hell and the finish is mostly gone, but I remember the stories he told my brother and I about his days as a battlefield commissioned Army officer in the World War. He never distinguished between WWI and WWII, he just called his the World War; he was shot in the hip leading his men 'over the hill' and anguished in a bomb creater for two days trying to keep his gas mask on while he fell in and out of conscience before being pulled out by the medics. My Great Uncle Albert Scott was as tough as nails his whole life, after the war he owned and operated a book store in the San Francisco Bay Area until his death in the mid 1970's.

I also collect .22 target pistols from High Standard, Colt, S&W, Walther and Pardini, military US marked rifles from Springfield, HRA, Winchester and IHC and pre-war SxS shotguns from Parker, Itheca, A.H. Fox and Winchester. I also collect small caliber centerfire target rifles from Kimber of Oregon, Sako, Anschutz and Winchester pre-64 model 70's. And then there are those Argentine Mauser custom rifles... And the Railway Express Agency Colt Police Postitive revolvers...And the McMillan .50 BMG...And the M1A's...And the AR's...And the Winchester model 52 target rifles...

OK, I'll stop.

Yay, this thread came back and is going in a FUN direction finally.

I'll toss up some of my photos of my collection. Those of you who hang out at various gun forums might recognize them... yes I am a picture whore :hysterical:

Glock 19 TALO Gold Edition. Limited Edition of 300 made

DCX_026Xo.jpg

Springfield XD40 V10 ported. Customized finish in Royal Blue by Canyon Creek Custom

DCX_033Xo.jpg

Springfield EMP 9mm

DSC_0685copy.jpg

XD40 V10 again

DSC_1155.jpg

Springfield XD9SC in factory bi-tone

DSC_0855.jpg

I would not recommend the S&W Sigma. That pistol was designed when S&W was under different ownership and the products reflected the management at that time. In addition the Sigma was just a weak attempt at copying the Glock. So much so that S&W lost a lawsuit and had to pay Glock. The M&P is a different design. They started with a clean sheet of paper and did an exceptional job. IMO it is the safest auto pistol on the market as long as you have the mag safety disconnect.

The S&W 642 revolver is a near perfect CQB pistol. A revolver can fire through the pocket of a jacket without jamming. The 642 is hammerless and there is nothing to snag on clothing. It fits very well in the front pocket of most trousers and can be drawn quickly.

I would not recommend the 357 versio;n of the lightweight snub nose for several reasons. The recoil is not manageable and the followup shots will take longer to get back on target. The 357 out of a short barrel will produce a huge flame and ruin your night vision for subsequent shots. And the 357 requires a longer barrel in order to develop its velocity. There is not much difference in velocity between a 38+P and a 357 coming out of the 2 inch barrel.

Then it is necessary to pick the proper ammo. Use only premium ammo. The Winchester silvertips produce excellent penetration and expansion with little recoil. The Winchester 38+P and the Gold Dot 135 grain +P offer excellent penetration and expansion. Few others are designed for the lower velocity of the short barrel.

Yes I would like to have more rounds as in a semi auto but chances are you will not need them and the 38 can be drawn quicker and with less notice than the semi auto. The element of surprise will be on your side.

Archived