MY500SS

Son of GT

Ducatirider2

DDT

pnicholson

CRQuarto

Just Tony

Possibles:

Clark17357 (If SAI finishes his car.....come on Bud)

Shelby CS8

Those listed and anybody else who is interested. Please send me a PM of which events you will attend so I can plan accordingly.

Thank You,

Chris

Guys, definitely get the garage for the track day. On fathers day when I went the temp was 102. At least you'll have some protection. If your out in the sun your car will bake!

Also note that with the extreme heat many people leave by the 3rd session (a lot of overheating of Brakes and Engines). When I was there on the 4th session it was myself and 2 other cars. By the 5th session it was just me and another Ford GT.

I wish I could make it, but I'll be at Shelby that day for lunch on the way to Utah for the Utah Fast Pass in the X1! :happy feet: :happy feet:

All signed up for Sunday. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Now I need to figure out the "tow hook" and what point on the SS to use.

:happy feet: cool :shift:

There are no two hooks on the S197. Unless you want to do something cutom. Agent 47 is developing something for the rear but I don't think it is out yet. Page, do you know?

That being said. If you look in the email confirmation it says:

TOW HOOKS are required. If you do not have a tow hook on your car, please figure out a tow point we can use to hook on to in order to pull you off track in the event of a mechanical problem. You are responsible for establishing a tow point - Speed Ventures will not be responsible for any damage done to your car.

You can get on the track without it. They aren't strict about it. They want you to have a hook or a tow point in mind so the safety truck is not wasting time IF you break down or worse. I'll sacrifice my strut tower brace if need be. It isn't too exspensive and easily replaced. I have a page dog eared in my SCCA Sport Car magazine that has two straps. I'll look at it tomorrow.

There are no two hooks on the S197. Unless you want to do something cutom. Agent 47 is developing something for the rear but I don't think it is out yet. Page, do you know?

Spoke w/Dave a bit ago. They are planning on coming up with something - when - no idea yet. Seems everything they have come up with and installed on the Hunter, they really didnt like for one reason or another. So - maybe somewhere down the road. Its something I will be watching out for though :)

I need some feedback from those that are interested and those that have experience. I want to have a tentative schedule by Sunday evening but I am unsure of the plan. Here are my thoughts.

Friday evening:

Bob's Big Boy in Burbank (or Ruby's Redondo Beach)

Saturday Morning:

7-9am Cars and Coffee in Irvine (gathering a little earlier to go in as a group)

9/10am-12/1pm-road rally (starting near C&C and ending some place to eat near John Force)

-Lunch

3/4pm-7pm Cruise night at John Force Race station

**I would work in rallying points between events for those who can't go from 7a-7p but want to join us for the Rally or Cruise night

Sunday:

Open track event at CA Speedway

I had a very good discussion with a member yesterday about the schedule and I would like a little more input. Is that schedule to ambitious? Will too many events scatter us not allowing people to meet? Or, will several events allow people who can't make specific events allow them to meet those that can make all of the events? Should we focus on just the John Force Cruise for Saturday?

Those that are interested as well as those who can't go because of previous plans but know these events, please provide some feed back.

Thank You,

Chris

I need some feedback from those that are interested and those that have experience. I want to have a tentative schedule by Sunday evening but I am unsure of the plan. Here are my thoughts.

Friday evening:

Bob's Big Boy in Burbank (or Ruby's Redondo Beach)

Saturday Morning:

7-9am Cars and Coffee in Irvine (gathering a little earlier to go in as a group)

9/10am-12/1pm-road rally (starting near C&C and ending some place to eat near John Force)

-Lunch

3/4pm-7pm Cruise night at John Force Race station

**I would work in rallying points between events for those who can't go from 7a-7p but want to join us for the Rally or Cruise night

Sunday:

Open track event at CA Speedway

I had a very good discussion with a member yesterday about the schedule and I would like a little more input. Is that schedule to ambitious? Will too many events scatter us not allowing people to meet? Or, will several events allow people who can't make specific events allow them to meet those that can make all of the events? Should we focus on just the John Force Cruise for Saturday?

Those that are interested as well as those who can't go because of previous plans but know these events, please provide some feed back.

Thank You,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm good with Saturday & Sunday. I may not make Friday evening because of work.

Your doing a great job with this meet & greet. Thanks,

Dan

I think Saturday's focus will be the cruise night at John Force Race Station in Yorba Linda. Here are links to the web site and the flyer:

http://www.johnforceracing.com/index.html

http://www.johnforceracing.com/JFCRUISE08.pdf

Chris

PS.

If you are going to attend the track event on Sunday and you want a garage spot (which for $20 you should very much), the reservation is limited and on a first come first serve basis. I think there is about 15-20 spots.

Only because you're asking for feedback on this, as much as I would love to see a grand turnout of Shelby's at either Friday night venue, because of travel distances and Friday evening traffic, I think that it's a bit too much to try and accomplish. However, having said that, between the two venues, even though it ends much earler than the Bob's gathering, the Ruby's gathering is much, much, easer to park at.

And for clarity, I can't attend the track day on Sunday, but I will join in on the Saturday gatherings/events with everyone.

Thank You for the feedback.

EDIT: All right it is planned. Thank all those that showed interest and gave me feedback here and in messages. I have come up with a Saturday & Sunday plan. I chose not to do Friday night because I think it will be too dificulat with people working and Friday evening traffic. We can do it another time. Also, there may be concer about the length of Saturday. I will be at all the events and I hope that several of you can join me. However, if you can't make it to Cars & Coffee or the South OC Rally, please join us at lunch or the pre-grid location for the John Force Cruise night. If you can only do one thing make try to make it the John Force Cruise Night.

Again, thank you all for the early feedback. If you think of something else don't be shy. Below is the link to the announcement and plan.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...=30495&st=0

I have asked the moderators to close this thread to consolidate things.

Drive them well,

Chris

Archived