TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My car delivered today DAMAGED!!!! ALSO Shelby factory DEFECT, IM PISSED

The front fascia scuffs and side rocker panel decals are easy fixes and there is no need to ship the car back to SAI for repairs.

One of the reasons I got myself a spare tire in my trunk. I also have a short "Race Ramp" to drive the flat tire up on to get a scissors jack under the "lowered" car so I can jack it up.

I don't want anyone trying to put the car on a wrecker just for a flat tire.

Unfortunately right now the only way to fix the hood scoop is change out the hood. It has been repeatedly beat to death betwen customers and SAI trying to get it fixed and I see there is still no proper repair. Your bubbles are from the heating and cooling of the scoop which peels the stripes up. I had my scoop "fixed" and actually watched it peel the stripes up while driving down the road.

This is my 3rd and last time. We have decided on a hood swap and *probably* removing the stripes excluding the rocker pannels.

scotty, the damage to the car was not done here, the car did not leave that way, looks like he scraped it loading it on the transport. The hood scoop is us.

Have the dealer call in on our piece, he will take care of the rest for you, don't panic

Amy

Also where should we get the Shelby GT stripe I need from??

In order to get a new SGT side stripe, it will have to be through the Ford Performance Group @ 1-800-367-3788. They may require that it's taken care of through a Ford dealer... even though that part sounds like it was carrier damage vs. a true warranty issue. I don't think Shelby is supposed to be able to send these directly to a consumer... probably due to contractual obligations with Ford. They also want documented proof, such as your photos, that it's replacing a damaged part and that the new part actually goes onto your car as they don't want people selling the controlled parts (such as the "Powered by Ford" emblem or the SGT side stripe) on eBay, etc. or attempting to create SGT "clones"... say from a Vista Blue GT/CS.

Good luck!

- Matt

So after alot of footwork today. I tracked down one of the best custom body/paint guys around. Guess how much the estimate is on this one!

What all are they repairing?

The stripe issue is covered by warranty.

So other than the fender what else? Should run about $300 plus the section of the stripe needing replaced.

Well tomorrow is the moment of truth. I found one of the best custom body/paint guys in NY. Brooklyn as a matter of fact. Car is supposedly, and I quote,"100% on point", he took every car out of his small shop in order to accomodate me in my OCD state of having my cars treated like my kids and no chance of door dings or leaving the car outside because there are 20 cars ahead of me. The Shelby sticker was $300.00 and I had to purchase both sides in order to get just the Shelby GT part. My body guy was trying to tell me to paint the lower front skirt in a gloss rather than the crappy dull factory paint job. But I told him just to match it as factory. The price for me, $ 2600.00 CASH!. Now the shipper wants 2 estimates from me and he may also go to a Ford dealership to get an estimate. I say go ahead. Say a prayer for me... Please :angel:

Well tomorrow is the moment of truth. I found one of the best custom body/paint guys in NY. Brooklyn as a matter of fact. Car is supposedly, and I quote,"100% on point", he took every car out of his small shop in order to accomodate me in my OCD state of having my cars treated like my kids and no chance of door dings or leaving the car outside because there are 20 cars ahead of me. The Shelby sticker was $300.00 and I had to purchase both sides in order to get just the Shelby GT part. My body guy was trying to tell me to paint the lower front skirt in a gloss rather than the crappy dull factory paint job. But I told him just to match it as factory. The price for me, $ 2600.00 CASH!. Now the shipper wants 2 estimates from me and he may also go to a Ford dealership to get an estimate. I say go ahead. Say a prayer for me... Please :angel:

I'm sure it will be fine. Save the stripes! You never know when you might need them!

Keep us updated!

:angel:

OK, Got the car back today. Not as good as I wanted. Disappointed as a matter of act. The side where it was pushed in behind the drivers tire came out fine. The sticker I noticed now has a bunch of small acne bumbs. I tried to take them out. Maybe they will dry out. I want to replace that eventually but I'm afraid that if I take that sticker off now it was put on with fresh paint and will leave marks. The front bumper came out like shit. He wanted to paint it as shiny as the bumper but I just told him to match the original finish. Which I know is hard to do. But there is no clearcoat or satin clear over it. I dont know what kind of finish Ford put on that plastic bumper. I'm having my neighbor who does classic cars do it. And if it doesn't come out the way I want it I'm going to another place that I probably should of went to in the first place. This guy has a contract with Mercedes dealers as to fix all the banged up ones that come in. You can't even tell by measuring machine if it was painted. It goes to show that you never know what happens to yor "supposedly" brand new car. I'm heavily contemplating selling this one.

Archived