TEAM SHELBY FORUM

satellite radio

et10sec

my 2006 hertz car has the hertz installed sirius radio in it, it worked for a month or so, then i pushed aux on the radio it was gone, how to you buy time with that radio. i guess hertz left me some time?? thanks e d

Do you get a "Satellite Fault" reading? If so, then it's not the subscription, it's more like a four-month wait for a new satellite reciever to show up.

This is apparently a fairly common problem, considering that the radio repair shop the dealer here had more than 60 units on warranty back-order when mine went out. He services several dealerships in the area.

Call 1-888-get-sirius. They can fix you up.

thanks, can someone give some instructions on how to use the sirius radio, i just hit aux (on the in dash radio)and the red button on the hertz sirius radio, and the satellite sould come on??

thanks, can someone give some instructions on how to use the sirius radio, i just hit aux (on the in dash radio)and the red button on the hertz sirius radio, and the satellite sould come on??

I was assuming you had the factory Sirius radio, I didn't know Hertz used aftermarket receivers. I don't know how Hertz would have wired one in but I would think that the "Line In" setting should be the one. If not you may have to tune to a specific radio station. Either way there should be something coming from the receiver if it is on. When there is no subscription the receivers default to the preview channel.

I was assuming you had the factory Sirius radio, I didn't know Hertz used aftermarket receivers. I don't know how Hertz would have wired one in but I would think that the "Line In" setting should be the one. If not you may have to tune to a specific radio station. Either way there should be something coming from the receiver if it is on. When there is no subscription the receivers default to the preview channel.

yes, hertz cars have small sirius satellite radios, they where mounted on the concel, any one with a hertz car that can give me directions on how to use them??

well, it looks like no one knows how the sirius satellite radio works. i thought you just hit the aux on the radio (in dash radio) and turn on the hertz installed satellite radio and the satellite should come on??? any one?

when you push the Aux button you will see when it selects sat radio.

well, it looks like no one knows how the sirius satellite radio works. i thought you just hit the aux on the radio (in dash radio) and turn on the hertz installed satellite radio and the satellite should come on??? any one?

turn on the radio, then turn on the sirius satellite radio then press search. mine still works comes thru on 88.5 fm station. still works as of sunday. thanks

thanks for getting back to me, ok, when i push aux, it comes up on the in dash radio( no aux audio) and the small hertz satellite radio says searching for signal, is it turned off, or am i not operating the satellite radio right?? thanks e d

I have a 2007 GT, not a GT-H, and the Ford owner's manual gives a good explanation about how to subscribe to Sirius and operate the satellite radio.

I understand, from previous posts, that the same may not be the case with the GT-H versions.

Sorry, I can't help more.

thanks for getting back to me, ok, when i push aux, it comes up on the in dash radio( no aux audio) and the small hertz satellite radio says searching for signal, is it turned off, or am i not operating the satellite radio right?? thanks e d

don't hit the aux button. all i do is turn on the radio put it on your favorite station dosn't matter. then turn on the satellite radio when the sat. radio come up the radio station will have some static, push the seach button then it will search for the sat. station thru the channels. like i said my sat. station is 88.5 then i change the sat. station by using the sat. radio that is behind the shifter. let me know if that works for you. thanks gene

don't hit the aux button. all i do is turn on the radio put it on your favorite station dosn't matter. then turn on the satellite radio when the sat. radio come up the radio station will have some static, push the seach button then it will search for the sat. station thru the channels. like i said my sat. station is 88.5 then i change the sat. station by using the sat. radio that is behind the shifter. let me know if that works for you. thanks gene

hey gene, tryed that way, had the in dash radio on, pushed the satellite radio on, that radio said updating channels, i waited, nothing happen. it said all elvis, i guess i still have the satellite?? what do you think? thanks e d

Make sure the car is outside and in the open sky & not in the garage when you try to make it work, it's not like an AM/FM radio that can work in closed areas

So does anybody know the real deal here? Hertz normally will cancel all the subscriptions on the cars with the service before they sell. However, most of you are still getting service. Is anybody not getting service? Perhaps a deal was made to keep service on these cars for life? If so, I might just have to try and install mine to see if it works. However, since it has not been installed before on this particular unit, it probably would not be activated. Interesting stuff.

[. Mine was completely removed, controller, box, atenna and all. I was able to get the entire add on kit from Hertz specific for the 06 Shelby.

Hello- How did you get that/ from whom? Can you let me know? Thanks, Pete in Milwaukee.

Hello- How did you get that/ from whom? Can you let me know? Thanks, Pete in Milwaukee.

Dennis (Hertzworld) had contacts at Hertz who he got me in touch with. It took many folks and phone calls to make it happen finally. They were able to finally find the documentation that stated somebody did remove the entire unit. It took a couple months of phone calls to finally get it. I don't know that I have all the names of folks I had to go through. I'll see if I can find some info and PM you that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jeff thanks a lot, I emailed the guy at Sirius and he sent me out the replacement unit right away.

HOWEVER- looking at this install, I highly doubt Hertz went through the trouble to remove it before selling the car. That's why most of them still have the radio in there. Did you read the directions, you have to pull the whole center dash apart to get it in. I see NO telltale marks that my dash has been apart, nor do I see any glue residue from the controller mount or the antenna mount on the dash by the window. I think maybe some of them (yours and mine at least) never got the radio installed, for whatever reason.

Doesn't matter I guess; I'll never be installing mine, nice to have though.

I'd rather listen to the motor than the radio!

Archived