TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT Mustang Stripe Info

I just picked up a new 2007 Shelby GT from a near-by dealer, it was kinda dirty when I purchased it, been sitting on the lot for a while and the stripes had the "doomed" water spots on them. I am kinda keen on car washing so I figured.......they'll come off with a good cleaning. Fourty eight steps later they still look pretty much the same and its not coming out. The car I have detailed out really good and it looks awesome, except for the silver metallic stripes.

My question.........what is the contact & info needed when I take it to my dealer for a warranty claim. I have searched the site, but all I find is taking it back in to be replaced. Please, help me if you can!

First, welcome.

You will find that when you take your car to the dealer for warranty service they will bring up the Ford "oasis" system. When your car's vin number comes up it will have a yellow highlighted line stating that the car has Ford Racing Parts installed and the contact number for Ford Racing Warranty Claims.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Thanks a ton Roger..........just wanted to have my ducks in a row when I hit the stealership this week, we all know how it can go at times. I was really hoping they would clean up, but thats not happening, I have tried everything I can think of and the tricks others were using on here when I searched their methods........no luck at all.

The process will involve the service department taking pictures of ALL of the damage to the stripes and sending for authorization. If OK'ed they will be shipped to the dealership for installation. Some dealers send them out to professional shops to have them done others do it in house and some have outside professionals complete the work at the dealership. A suggestion: ask questions on who will be doing the install and the process.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Well today went rather well. I did a google on ford racing warrant claims and got the phone #, talked with a gentleman there and he assured me pretty much a replacement of the stripes, easy chore to have done as far as making a claim, according to the person at FR, there is a foot note attached to my VIN in the oasis explaining what the dealership needs to do.. I went to our local ford dealer and here is where the problem came in.....lady at the service desk will not even begin to look into it, says that its on me to replace them myself. I then try and explain to her that I have already spoke with ford racing warranty claims and there is a note for them with instructions of what to do in a foot note on it, she still refused. I asked for the service manager and he had already been in this same situation on another shelby, so he knew what I was saying and pulled up all the info in the foot note. Just one problem though, he has to track down his digital camera to snap the pics for ford racing. I am guessing in two to three weeks I will have a new set on. The guys here that do the stripes are awesome and have done a ton of work for me in the past.......so I trust this sign shop pretty much and they are who the ford dealer subs all their work out to....so soon I will be riding pretty again. Thanks for the help guys!

First, welcome.

You will find that when you take your car to the dealer for warranty service they will bring up the Ford "oasis" system. When your car's vin number comes up it will have a yellow highlighted line stating that the car has Ford Racing Parts installed and the contact number for Ford Racing Warranty Claims.

Hope this helps.

Roger

I just ran an Oasis on my Shelby, but did not see any yellow highlighted line stating anything about Ford Racing Parts being installed. It just showed the standard Mustang GT info. My car also has the dreaded "water stains" and I brought it to the dealer last week. He took a bunch of pictures, but I havent heard back from him yet. I wanted to see if the oasis showed anything about it, but it doesnt say anything about the car even being a Shelby, at least not that I could find.

Well today went rather well. I did a google on ford racing warrant claims and got the phone #, talked with a gentleman there and he assured me pretty much a replacement of the stripes, easy chore to have done as far as making a claim, according to the person at FR, there is a foot note attached to my VIN in the oasis explaining what the dealership needs to do.. I went to our local ford dealer and here is where the problem came in.....lady at the service desk will not even begin to look into it, says that its on me to replace them myself. I then try and explain to her that I have already spoke with ford racing warranty claims and there is a note for them with instructions of what to do in a foot note on it, she still refused. I asked for the service manager and he had already been in this same situation on another shelby, so he knew what I was saying and pulled up all the info in the foot note. Just one problem though, he has to track down his digital camera to snap the pics for ford racing. I am guessing in two to three weeks I will have a new set on. The guys here that do the stripes are awesome and have done a ton of work for me in the past.......so I trust this sign shop pretty much and they are who the ford dealer subs all their work out to....so soon I will be riding pretty again. Thanks for the help guys!

I took the pictures for my dealer with a good camera showing the right things and gave them a CD.

Archived