TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So here's the Shelby Perf. Parts Kenne Bell plaque

This is the plaque on the inlet tube from the throttlebody to the blower casing indicating that it was purchased from Shelby Performance Parts:

What do you all think - worth waiting seven weeks for? (I could have had the blower the first week of May.)

post-10226-1214084399.jpg

post-10226-1214084399.jpg

This is the plaque on the inlet tube from the throttlebody to the blower casing indicating that it was purchased from Shelby Performance Parts:

What do you all think - worth waiting seven weeks for? (I could have had the blower the first week of May.)

Sweet!!

Is that the extent of the badging for the KB? Thanks for the first look. How does the car run?

Jim

I think it was Kevin.

It appears to be a custom machiened inset on the Plenum vs. a stick on top emblem. If I'm correct the "stock" out of the box units do not have the releaf cut in them for the inset plaque. They have Kenne Bell in a raised part of the casting. So I would think they would have began with the stock design and complete proto-types, send for approval etc.

Roger

Is that the extent of the badging for the KB? Thanks for the first look. How does the car run?

Jim

That's the extent of the CS badging - there are no KB badges on the blower - just the raised refief in the front next to the pulley shaft, I haven't heard it run yet. I was hoping to be able to, but I had to return home to Virginia. The car should ship on Tuesday.

I think it was Kevin.

It appears to be a custom machiened inset on the Plenum vs. a stick on top emblem. If I'm correct the "stock" out of the box units do not have the releaf cut in them for the inset plaque. They have Kenne Bell in a raised part of the casting. So I would think they would have began with the stock design and complete proto-types, send for approval etc.

Roger

I looked at it really closely and I didn't see a relief for the plaque to be inset to. The plaque appears to be a stick on piece.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice piece and I'm very glad to have it. My only heartache is that between now and this time next summer (2009), I'll only be able to enjoy the car for two months before I head out to where AFBLUE is now.

Can you run a strut tower brace with the Kenne Bell?

No brace yet. Supposedly working on one. Rick (pottydr) has had two, I think, made for eval purposes. You might check with him.

Jim

Do you have yours yet?

So do I have my car or the brace? Unfortunately, it is "no" for both. Hoping for the first week of July or thereabouts for the car. I am feeding off what Rick finds and I am waiting for the verdict from him on the brace.

Jim

Yes, here are some pics of the Ford Racing V6 / Bullitt strut tower brace with the Kenne Bell:

Does the stock hood clear? I don't see how it could but very much want to be wrong.

Jim

Dig-It,

Congratulations. The plaque looks great. Is this the first 2008 SGT to get the KB blower?

Enjoy your last two months in the States. I bet that thing is a monster now. Did you upgrade the brakes, wheels and tires too?

I can't wait to get back home myself back to my family and my SGT. I am over the hump though on my 15 month tour. :)

... My only heartache is that between now and this time next summer (2009), I'll only be able to enjoy the car for two months before I head out to where AFBLUE is now.
I'll take real good care of it for you while you are gone. If you don't want me driving your car, we can just have the KB moved over to my car until you get back :D

Does the stock hood clear? I don't see how it could but very much want to be wrong.

Jim

Yes the stock hood does clear. This is the strut tower bar made to clear the V6 intake - which is a tad taller than the V8. It's also the exact same bar used in the 2008 Bullitt. Ford Racing Performance Parts p/n M-20201-F.

Dig-It,

Congratulations. The plaque looks great. Is this the first 2008 SGT to get the KB blower?

Enjoy your last two months in the States. I bet that thing is a monster now. Did you upgrade the brakes, wheels and tires too?

I can't wait to get back home myself back to my family and my SGT. I am over the hump though on my 15 month tour. :)

Thanks, and yes, it's the first. See this link for my other mods:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30156

Good luck and keep your head down. The guys we're going to relieve got hit last Friday! Everyone's ok, thank God.

I'll take real good care of it for you while you are gone. If you don't want me driving your car, we can just have the KB moved over to my car until you get back :D

Thanks Mark. You're a real friend! "Buddy" is only half a word, right?

Another member has taken it upon himself to find a machine shop that can re-work the stock SGT strut brace to fit over the KB unit and clear the hood. The first one has been produced and I am waiting for the photo of it. I am having my strut brace taken off my car at SAI (where it sits waiting for its KB installation) and shipped to this machine shop. Price looks like $120 + shipping. You will also need to powder coat it when you get it back. I will let the member who did all the work announce it on the Forum when it is ready for prime time.

Jim

Just to make sure did the air filter set up also clear under the new strut brace?

The inlet tube fit underneath the strut tower brace. The air filter actually sits infront of the passenger side wheel well.

Another member has taken it upon himself to find a machine shop that can re-work the stock SGT strut brace to fit over the KB unit and clear the hood. The first one has been produced and I am waiting for the photo of it. I am having my strut brace taken off my car at SAI (where it sits waiting for its KB installation) and shipped to this machine shop. Price looks like $120 + shipping. You will also need to powder coat it when you get it back. I will let the member who did all the work announce it on the Forum when it is ready for prime time.

Jim

;)

Archived