TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for Shelby GT/SC owners

amyb

I have a question for factory GT/SC owners....

I am aware that many are supercharging their cars and faking the stripes, that to me is not the focus of this post. My question is I have been asked to provide something for owners of real factory installed blowers. what is the concensus? I could provide a certificate, with seal, or a plate of somekind, or a badge for the car of some kind. something that could not be easily copied.

Let me know your thoughts, I want to fix this issue if possible

Amy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea Miss Amy. I know I dont own a GT/SC, but I have sold my share. I cant wait to see some of the ideas.

I was talking to someone yesterday about this. We thought about a new CSM plate with the number like 07SGT0000SC, but again just brain storming. Come on folks throw out some ideas.

michael morris

Amy I think three things would be sufficient.

1. A certificate

2. A new dash plaque. I would say simply add the /SC after the Shelby GT. I like my number and some of the owners can be identified by the number. Adam and Roger for instance. On the other hand if you went with a whole new number starting at 001 and SAI has the order in which they were built, I should be in the first 5. :happy feet:

3. Documented in the registry.

Of course I reserve the right to change my opinion when smarter people post.

AMY,

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA - I THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE CERT. BUT I AM SURE EVERYONE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOMETHING ON THE CAR- THIS LIKE THE OLDER SHELBY'S AND COBRA EVERUONE WANT TO SEE IF IT A REAL ONE OR FAKE.

FOR THAT REASON I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE A BADGE OR EMBLEM THAT STATES "SUPERCHARGED BY SHELBYAUTOS"

THANKS FOR CONSIDERING THIS AND THE CONTINUED SUPPORT FROM SHELBYAUTOS TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHELBYGUY

I'd suggest replacing both the engine compartment badge and the dash plaque with a new CSM number. I'd suggest yySGTSCnnnn instead of yySGTnnnnSC.

Of course registry notes are done but those were being done anyway.

And also it would require plenty of lead time to get the badges made in advance before bringing the car in for the upgrade.

I'm hoping for this year still.

Now that Adam has spoken, here's my $0.02:

I would like to see dash and under hood plaques as well - AS LONG AS I GET TO KEEP MY ORIGINAL CSM NO.!

Our Shelby GT was built for this family as each digit of the CSM No. represents a birth month for the members of the family - my wife, my two sons and me.

Anything in addition to the plaques would be gravy to us. Thank you Amy for asking about this.

Not an owner . . . .

Hey Mark,

Not an owner YET. We are going to get you. You know you want to. After you muster out of the AF and land that dream civilian gig, you will be first in line. Stay safe over there. Looking forward to your first CONUS post.

Jim

To help with "authenticity" we would need to change both the under hood and dash plaque. Retention of the original CSM would be essential. As stated above many people have a number of reasons in retention of the original number. That with a matching certificate that could include, as SVT provided originally, "1 of 15 Factory installed Paxton Superchaged 2007 Shelby GT's"; # 1 of 12 Factory installed Whipple Supercharged 2008 Shelby GT's; etc.

To the question that may arise about car's currently in process of build, it would think it is not a "running production change". It would be after delivery to not hold up any cars in process. I'm sure there would also be a process in place for ordering as with the "Berg" faux gas cap.

I'm sure SAI has all of the record on when and what was installed. This should be and easy retrieve of information.

I also would not expect Shelby Automobiles to pick up the cost on this. We ask, Amy is kind enough to listen, we pay the cost for "documentaion and authenticity.

In addition, we now see many Shelby GT's showing up on E-Bay with missing ID's and "Powered by Ford" emblems. Cloning is not far behind and I'm sure has begun. This would give us a jump on "original documentation" right from the start. It has also been brought to my attention that the MCA is begining to question "factory installation" authenticity. This would be a great help right out of the box. Just a few thoughts for everyone to ponder.

As far as the CSM 07SGT5322SC or 07SGT/SC5322.

I'm in Amy.

Thank you very much for putting this out there.

ok, first we are inagreement that the numbers stay.

I need to work on if it's a badge change or a new addition you put on the car. The registry already has a notation for SC done at the factory or mod centers.

To the others, if you are moding your car, you should update you records. Maybe I can Paxton and KB and FR to send a certificate. any other company blower would not meet standards for us.

This is not to discount anyone for what they do or don't do, But I have heard some stories of late where GT/SC cars won awards and they weren't done by us and the clubs were asking for some authenication documentation. It's an owners choice to add a fake stripe, we don't approve it, it goes against what we do, but if you do car shows, I do think you should be honest. The car is a cool car with or without SC and certainly if you added the SC, it's great.

Roger, or anyone, let me ask you a question.... Do the blowers that we install have a shelby name on them that you don't get when you purchase separately? I thought this the case in all blowers except FR. Let me know

Amy

Roger, or anyone, let me ask you a question.... Do the blowers that we install have a shelby name on them that you don't get when you purchase separately? I thought this the case in all blowers except FR. Let me know

Amy

You are correct Amy, the Paxton has the tag with a serial number and "Shelby" ID. I now know that the KB's have the "Shelby" name no number. The Whipples have Ford Racing on each side and on the Cold Air intake tube and no ID to Shelby.

With that said, we may come back to "wrecked cars" shedding the Paxton, KB etc. and moved to another car. Having all of the peices will make it much more difficult in the end to have:

Both ID tags with the CSM's

The certificate

The matching ID plate from a SC in Paxton's case.

Anyone else?

Roger

You are correct Amy, the Paxton has the tag with a serial number and "Shelby" ID. I now know that the KB's have the "Shelby" name no number. The Whipples have Ford Racing on each side and on the Cold Air intake tube and no ID to Shelby.

With that said, we may come back to "wrecked cars" shedding the Paxton, KB etc. and moved to another car. Having all of the peices will make it much more difficult in the end to have:

Both ID tags with the CSM's

The certificate

The matching ID plate from a SC in Paxton's case.

Anyone else?

Roger

I'll agree to this. Good ideas.

Not an owner of a GT/SC yet - but this is on the list of things I want to do with my SGT. . . . . .

I completely agree with all that has been said thus far. A certificate of authenticity goes has a lot of weight for 'Proof'

Supercharged SGTs - whether they are done at a 'Mod Shop' or a local tuner - are just awesome.

The CSM #'s should stay! The original dash plaque, and under-hood plaque should go back to the owner. I guess to me its like the CS6 Turn1 and Turn2. . . . we're just working with the Shelby GT as the starting platform. I bought my SGT off the showroom floor. . . . the conversion of my SGT from stock IS "Turn1" and the upgrade to the supercharged GT/SC would be equal to "Turn2" and there's a separate plaque for that . . . . . . . . .

I think that you should get the following items that say "Shelby GT/SC" on them with our vehicle CSM# and Vin#:

Underhood Plaque, Dash Plaque, Hood Pins, and door sill plaques

--------

An authentic build sheet / certificate of the upgrade from Shelby GT to Shelby GT/SC with this info would be excellent:

Veh Vin#: .................... 1A2BC34D56E789012

Vehicle CSM#: .............. 08SGT0758

Supercharger Sieral# .... ______________ (whether it's a Kenne Bell, Whipple or Paxton)

Build Date: ................... 6/22/08

Location: ..................... Shelby Automobiles, Inc., Las Vegas, NV

--------

I know that we'll all come to something that makes all of us happy. . . . . but I'm glad that this is being discussed.

If (when) I suphercharge my SGT - it's going to be thru Shelby at one of the official Mod Shops, and I want that mark in the Registry!!

Anyone got change for a $1.00

Trevor

Hey Mark,

Not an owner YET. We are going to get you. You know you want to. After you muster out of the AF and land that dream civilian gig, you will be first in line. Stay safe over there. Looking forward to your first CONUS post.

Jim

I'm looking forward to my first CONUS post more than anyone. :) 2 days in a row at 120 degrees and it's not even July yet.

If I had held out for a supercharger originally, I would have never seen my car. Only got to drive it for 2 months before I left but I can't imagine still not having received it at this point...so that worked out for the best. I may still do the S/C, but like you said, I need to financially stable first. If I do, I guess I'm leaning towards Tasca (closest mod shop right now). Just wish I could keep my shock tower brace.

Not an owner of a GT/SC yet - but this is on the list of things I want to do with my SGT. . . . . .

I completely agree with all that has been said thus far. A certificate of authenticity goes has a lot of weight for 'Proof'

I think that you should get the following items that say "Shelby GT/SC" on them with our vehicle CSM# and Vin#:

Underhood Plaque, Dash Plaque, Hood Pins, and door sill plaques

--------

An authentic build sheet / certificate of the upgrade from Shelby GT to Shelby GT/SC with this info would be excellent:

Veh Vin#: .................... 1A2BC34D56E789012

Vehicle CSM#: .............. 08SGT0758

Supercharger Sieral# .... ______________ (whether it's a Kenne Bell, Whipple or Paxton)

Build Date: ................... 6/22/08

Location: ..................... Shelby Automobiles, Inc., Las Vegas, NV

--------

Trevor

I think this is a great idea. I don't want to come off as arrogant, but we did pay to have all the factory upgrades and we too waited a long time, just as people are waiting now for upgrades. I think in the long run it will help all SGT owners to keep the accurate records of these cars for the future. If you're thinking about a SGT/SC in fifteen years, it would be nice to know that you're buying the real deal. Who knows what people will be able to pull off as time goes on. Just look at the older Shelbys.

I agree with Trevor's post as far as the what the letter of authenticity with build sheet should say, signed by Carrol Shelby and Amy Boylan. Maybe even Bud. I also agree with the new dash plaque and engine compartment plaque to replace the originals. Any other items included would just be a bonus. Of course, I'm more than happy to pay for this.

Thanks to everybody who got this going and thanks to Amy for listening. :happy feet:

Dave and Sherri

07SGT/SC0065

Just an aside but back in the day when you ordered a supercharged Shelby you were getting something pretty special, I maybe wrong but I don't think this was a simple off the shelf kit. I don't run in to alot of paxton adders on 65-66 mustangs except on a Shelby. Fast forward to today when anyone can get all the blower packages available at competitive prices by getting on the web. If you see a hot Mustang / Shelby out on the road odds are its blown one way or another. So it seems to me that the certificate may just certify that you paid WAY to much lol :hysterical:

I think this is a great idea. I don't want to come off as arrogant, but we did pay to have all the factory upgrades and we too waited a long time, just as people are waiting now for upgrades. I think in the long run it will help all SGT owners to keep the accurate records of these cars for the future. If you're thinking about a SGT/SC in fifteen years, it would be nice to know that you're buying the real deal. Who knows what people will be able to pull off as time goes on. Just look at the older Shelbys.

I agree with Trevor's post as far as the what the letter of authenticity with build sheet should say, signed by Carrol Shelby and Amy Boylan. Maybe even Bud. I also agree with the new dash plaque and engine compartment plaque to replace the originals. Any other items included would just be a bonus. Of course, I'm more than happy to pay for this.

Thanks to everybody who got this going and thanks to Amy for listening. :happy feet:

Dave and Sherri

07SGT/SC0065

"MAYBE EVEN BUD" LET'S SEE IF HE RETURNS YOUR NEXT CALL! BUD IS THE MAN THAT MAKE IT HAPPEN AROUND THE MOD SHOP

SHELBYGUY

Amy, I am in favor of a separate badge for the interior. It may have the number of the actuall s/cer or the number of the install ( the actual number like this is the 12th car to be upgraded with a s/c) or both.

A nice certificate to back up the badge would be real nice to. Thankyou for asking, Jonathan

Archived