TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT with black GT500 Wheels

I know some people have been looking for pictures of a Shelby GT with GT500 wheels. Here you go. Precious has gotten a set of track shoes. The black GT500 wheel from SVT/Ford Racing. 18" X 9.5"

I wrapped them in Toyo T1Rs. 255/45 up front and 285/40 in the rear. My choice was limited because I was using a credit. I would have liked to use Nitto Nt01 or another R compound. Maybe next year.

Honestly, I am not a big fan of the black on black look. These wheels are for track purposes. I wouldn't have choosen these for a street wheel. I hope to replace the center caps with the "Ford Racing" caps. Just need another $120. No offense to SVT. It's just that my car is not a SVT product.

Lastly although the wheel looks very solid, which I would expect; the finish is not great. The black doesn't go all the way into the lug holes. It just sort of fades away where the spray didn't reach. Also the back side of the wheel is covered with the overspray of the black. Well not covered just oversprayed. Another reason I wouldn't go with these for the street. But for track purposes they were the right size, strength, and cost.

2007Pics004.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

2007Pics007.jpg

I actually like that look better - looks tougher and racier to me, and really shows off the brake rotors with the contrast.

I know some people have been looking for pictures of a Shelby GT with GT500 wheels. Here you go. Precious has gotten a set of track shoes. The black GT500 wheel from SVT/Ford Racing. 18" X 9.5"

I wrapped them in Toyo T1Rs. 255/45 up front and 285/40 in the rear. My choice was limited because I was using a credit. I would have liked to use Nitto Nt01 or another R compound. Maybe next year.

Honestly, I am not a big fan of the black on black look. These wheels are for track purposes. I wouldn't have choosen these for a street wheel. I hope to replace the center caps with the "Ford Racing" caps. Just need another $120. No offense to SVT. It's just that my car is not a SVT product.

Lastly although the wheel looks very solid, which I would expect; the finish is not great. The black doesn't go all the way into the lug holes. It just sort of fades away where the spray didn't reach. Also the back side of the wheel is covered with the overspray of the black. Well not covered just oversprayed. Another reason I wouldn't go with these for the street. But for track purposes they were the right size, strength, and cost.

2007Pics004.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

2007Pics007.jpg

Are those the Shelby Extreme Plus Brakes? What Rotors? My GT500 wheels won't be here until next Tuesday, and I'll be out of town on business...Maybe I can get them on next Saturday...I'm looking to upgrade my brakes, so I'd be interested to know what you have there. Yours looks GREAT I might add!!!

Unfortunately, I had to return my 20" GT40 wheels from American Racing because of defects. I have a set of 20" CS40s ordered for everyday purposes.

BTW, Thank you MM for setting me up with a source for the wheels. The FRPP dealers out here are unreasonable.

Archived