TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Track Rats" Gauging Interest

I've been in contact with Brey Krause Performance Accessories. They are a well known Performance Accessory comany specializing in Porsche, Corvette, BMW and Mini applications to provide an application for 4 point belts and a passenger seat rail quick release fire extinguisher bracket and mount.

Here is the web site for a quick review of their products.

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/products_porsche.php

Right now I am sending specific measurements and digital photographs for their review. Located in Bethlehem, PA they have a fantastic reputation among the "Road Race" circles. If anyone may be interested they would like to have a car for specific measurements if and I only say if there is a great enough interest in producing a specific application for the SN197 or current generation of Mustang's and Shelby's. All made in the USA!!

Their harness products are easy to install and remove, use only existing holes and mounting points, and will not damage the car in any way.

Most driving events require cars to be equipped with a 2.5 lb. extinquisher within easy reach of the driver. (Requirements aside, it's a good idea to have a fire extinquisher in any expensive car.) Their mount conveniently locates the extinquisher in front of the driver or passenger seat. It moves with the fore/aft seat adjustment and thereby remains out of the way.

So I guess I am asking, is there any interest?

Roger

I knew before I posted Adam. That's 2 of us. :lol::lol: I like the idea of a properly place mount for the belts and the fact that you can remove it anytime. That along with the clean installation and no modifcation is something I have been looking for. The under seat quick release fire extinguisher mount that moves with the seat tracks is pretty trick also.

Will do Mac. How you feeling? Better I hope. Still thinking of you.

I knew before I posted Adam. That's 2 of us. :lol::lol: I like the idea of a properly place mount for the belts and the fact that you can remove it anytime. That along with the clean installation and no modifcation is something I have been looking for. The under seat quick release fire extinguisher mount that moves with the seat tracks is pretty trick also.

Will do Mac. How you feeling? Better I hope. Still thinking of you.

I am doing well, Roger, thanks for asking. Lab reports came back yesterday, all negative. Just have to deal with recovery from the surgery now.

BTW...I resolved my issues with the Schroth harness with a simple change of buckles that will interface with the OEM rear seat belt system. 5 bucks for the correct buckle and 12 bucks for the heavy duty stitching. Buckle in, buckle up, and buckle out. It's as easy as throwing your helmet in the trunk.

I am doing well, Roger, thanks for asking. Lab reports came back yesterday, all negative. Just have to deal with recovery from the surgery now.

BTW...I resolved my issues with the Schroth harness with a simple change of buckles that will interface with the OEM rear seat belt system. 5 bucks for the correct buckle and 12 bucks for the heavy duty stitching. Buckle in, buckle up, and buckle out. It's as easy as throwing your helmet in the trunk.

Good to hear Mac. Take it slow and easy and before you know it "BACK IN THE SADDLE" :happy feet:

I really gave the Schroth harness a very serious look. But I wanted the more "traditional" mount. I knew you would figure it out. ;)

Hi Roger,

I am interested. I have not bought one yet (kinda need a car to put it in) so I am open to all information. I like the set up Mac has given the quick in and out.

Jim

Jim, I am doing more research on this. I would like to have the bar from the 2 "B" pillars to be removable for back seat usability. I'll keep you posted.

Carl, I was waiting for you! :) This would surely be less costly and provide a correct placement for the belts. The fire extinguisher is just a bonus. I have a 2.5 lb. Halon hand held but no bracket. This would work out perfect. Tucked out of the way but within easy reach.

• 1 month later...

After quite a few discussion with Brey-Krause they would be likely to produce a specific application for the 2005-2009 Mustang only if they received 20 or more requests for this specific application. The product avalibility for serious and not so serious open track cars for our application is limited at best.

A harness bar for shoulder belts is currently not avalible and no one has an application for a quality fire extinguisher mount that does not require cutting or drilling into the car.

They will be sending a "universal" fire extinguisther mount for trial on my SGT and there seems to be a genuine interest in producing these products for our application. Most of their mounts run under $100. It would be nice to not spend 3 digits for a mod!

I guess I am asking for assistantce in helping this project more along. If anyone interested in any of these products could e-mail Brey-Krause with a request at :

info@bkauto.com

that would be helpful. I will keep those interested informed as we progress. Here is their site for review:

http://bkauto.com/

Thank you in advance for your help.

Roger

If interested, please send an e-mail expressing your interest in these products to

info@bkautos.com

Thanks

Roger

I am interested in a hand held mount and have emailed Brey Krause. I used to sell Halon race car suppression systems for Safe Craft part time to NorCal SAAC members, and the president of that company always spoke very highly of Brey Krause. I also informed Brey Krause that there would probably be interest in Nor cal SAAC in order to further facilitate their desire to produce the desired item. I hope this helps.

All,

Been down this road. I bought model PB2 2.5 lb halon from Safecraft and from BK the R-9450 Universal mount. I ended up hard mounting the universal mount to the back of the seat rails on the passenger side. It does not slide with the seat but keeps the entinguisher nicely reachable from the drivers seat and easy to remove. Ended up being a nice clean installation. If BK ended up making a mount that would slide with the seat that would be cool.

Todd

07SGT1638

Archived