TEAM SHELBY FORUM

900 2007 Shelby`s

shel-b001

If there have been only 900 Shelby`s built since June/06 & at this rate how are they going to build another 8,100 by June /2007. Can someone explain ?

Mine's in the first 575 and was built in the first 20 days of production, so as the others say, it's WAY more than 900.

:shift:

bj

It has been in production for 3 months. I am sure it is more than 900.

I would like to know the actual count. Anybody in here know that info? Robert?

the 800 number is for sales not the amt built in july. max shelby's being built per day is 25 units. figure it out from there but approx just under 2000 cars since June 5th. projected build is going to be closer to 9000 units than 10k units per latest scoop from plant

If there have been only 900 Shelby`s built since June/06 & at this rate how are they going to build another 8,100 by June /2007. Can someone explain ?

I think you may be referring to the 900, that were on hold for the clutch slipping... several had shipped before they found that problem.

Maybe that is where the confusion comes in...

Theresa :wacko:

I think you may be referring to the 900, that were on hold for the clutch slipping... several had shipped before they found that problem.

Maybe that is where the confusion comes in...

Yes that`s probably what it was. This waiting is confusing me . So if theyare building 750 to 800 a month where are they all.

:hysterical: Hey now you weren't supposed to tell them! :hysterical:

I was sort of hoping you guys forgot that! :doh:

Besides I sold the one I was holding for 68K to MOGFIS, cause you guys didn't act quickly enough :hysterical:

Just kidding guys, please don't get the "Posse" out after me. :fan:

:hysterical: Hey now you weren't supposed to tell them! :hysterical:

I was sort of hoping you guys forgot that! :doh:

Besides I sold the one I was holding for 68K to MOGFIS, cause you guys didn't act quickly enough :hysterical:

Just kidding guys, please don't get the "Posse" out after me. :fan:

darn, I was lookin' forward to riding shotgun

Yes that`s probably what it was. This waiting is confusing me . So if theyare building 750 to 800 a month where are they all.

the back lot at Lonestar Ford? <lol>

Does anyone know how many actual cert'd dealers there are for this car? I thought there were roughly 350 SVT, dunno how many PAs and other certs... maybe 600-700 total? I think there's +/- 3500 Ford dealers in the US, so potentially there's more, but they had to commit to cert back in June/July sometime, I thought. Even at 700, 9,200 is about 1/mo/dealer avg. Our local dealer is promised 8 and they've received two so far (as of late Aug.) so maybe that's about right. Just guessing in round nums.

<edit:> Anyone have have hard dealer nums?

-Dan

the back lot at Lonestar Ford? <lol>

Does anyone know how many actual cert'd dealers there are for this car? I thought there were roughly 350 SVT, dunno how many PAs and other certs... maybe 600-700 total? I think there's +/- 3500 Ford dealers in the US, so potentially there's more, but they had to commit to cert back in June/July sometime, I thought. Even at 700, 9,200 is about 1/mo/dealer avg. Our local dealer is promised 8 and they've received two so far (as of late Aug.) so maybe that's about right. Just guessing in round nums.

<edit:> Anyone have have hard dealer nums?

-Dan

What we do know in Canada that there only 27 S.V.T dealers & each will get 15 Shelby`s for 2007..

According the S.V.T regional manager the word back in June, was each dealer would get 1 a month, as to date I haven`t heard of any dealer that has received 3or 4 vehicles. It appears Ford does not communicate with the dealers or give out any info. Maybe Rob could find out where all the Shelby`s are. :shrug:

What we do know in Canada that there only 27 S.V.T dealers & each will get 15 Shelby`s for 2007..

According the S.V.T regional manager the word back in June, was each dealer would get 1 a month, as to date I haven`t heard of any dealer that has received 3or 4 vehicles. It appears Ford does not communicate with the dealers or give out any info. Maybe Rob could find out where all the Shelby`s are. :shrug:

Thanks, Shelby001...

Hmmm. Interesting that it's one a month in Canada too. And only receiving the first 2 fits with estimated production nums, I think, (as well as our local dealer) because June and 2nd half of July is effectively +/- one month since June was start-up and first 2 weeks of July was plant closing.

They are in several places. 1) customers' hands 2) dealerships' lots waiting for high ADMs 3) In transit or in railyards 4) awaiting striping. You have to remember that not every owner (or yet to be owner in my case) is not a member of this forum.

Oh, and there is one titanium silver one in either a body shop or a junk yard (remember the news video of the wrecked one?), there's one red one tucked away that someone paid over $600,000 for, there's one in Carrol Shelby's garage, and so on.

They only started building in June. That means about 2.5 months worth of production have made it to dealer lots/customers, and about 1 month's worth is likely in transit or awaiting striping.

Dave

I heard 2,000 Shelbys had been built at the end of August, with 800 being built in the month of August. With 9 more months 'til the end of the model year at 800/mo, that's 9,200 Shelbys. Right about in the expected range.

hey pretzel, how is it that you don't have a vin yet? If you ordered in march you should have gotten something unless your like 4th in line at your dealer.

hey pretzel, how is it that you don't have a vin yet? If you ordered in march you should have gotten something unless your like 4th in line at your dealer.

Im number one at my dealer, ordered in April and no VIN yet

I wish I knew why I don't have a VIN yet. I'm getting my dealer's 1st (and only) Shelby. It's a very small, non-SVT dealer, but I expected to have a VIN by now.

:shrug::banghead:

They are in several places. 1) customers' hands 2) dealerships' lots waiting for high ADMs 3) In transit or in railyards 4) awaiting striping. You have to remember that not every owner (or yet to be owner in my case) is not a member of this forum.

Oh, and there is one titanium silver one in either a body shop or a junk yard (remember the news video of the wrecked one?), there's one red one tucked away that someone paid over $600,000 for, there's one in Carrol Shelby's garage, and so on.

They only started building in June. That means about 2.5 months worth of production have made it to dealer lots/customers, and about 1 month's worth is likely in transit or awaiting striping.

Dave

Terry,

That model is actually Grabber Orange w/ Tungsten stripes bought by Ron Pratte and was shown on this forum. His pic w/ Carrol Shelby should be over on the left panel still. Might need to scroll down a bit.

I wish I knew why I don't have a VIN yet. I'm getting my dealer's 1st (and only) Shelby. It's a very small, non-SVT dealer, but I expected to have a VIN by now.

:shrug::banghead:

I'm in the same boat as you, rpretzel. I'm also getting the first and I think only Shelby at a small non-SVT dealership. (They are Roush certified, though.) It's Wyant Ford in Elwood, IN and the order was placed May 15. I still have no VIN and I called Ford Customer Service Tuesday and was told it's on "material hold". I initially ordered an ebony coupe w/ white stripes, Shaker 1000, premium trim, and Sirius radio. I have since changed my stripe color to Tungsten (now I need to change my user name I guess).

I guess it's all good though, as my deal on a house w/ garage fell through at the last minute. Now I can spend more time looking, but the wait is killing me. This is my first EVER new vehicle purchase and my first Mustang.

Terry,

That model is actually Grabber Orange w/ Tungsten stripes bought by Ron Pratte and was shown on this forum. His pic w/ Carrol Shelby should be over on the left panel still. Might need to scroll down a bit.

I'm in the same boat as you, rpretzel. I'm also getting the first and I think only Shelby at a small non-SVT dealership. (They are Roush certified, though.) It's Wyant Ford in Elwood, IN and the order was placed May 15. I still have no VIN and I called Ford Customer Service Tuesday and was told it's on "material hold". I initially ordered an ebony coupe w/ white stripes, Shaker 1000, premium trim, and Sirius radio. I have since changed my stripe color to Tungsten (now I need to change my user name I guess).

Heres the link for the article it was the first car and it was for the Shelby Childrens Fund so that money went to kids that need help very cool thing.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...2_articleid=119

I'm wondering if those that ordered in Mar/Apr and no VIN might be:

- Non-PA, non-SVT (round allocations are PA, SVT-full, SVT-Focus, other Cert., yes???)

- Low priority in region (low volume 'other-cert' dealermight be at the tail end of each round????

- Low demand paint color??? (hey, they don't paint them in batches of 1 <lol>)

I'm just speculating, but curious if VIN-less Mar/Apr orders hit any/all of the above???

It does not matter when you order the car. It matters when Ford Allots it to your dealer. That is based on a pecking order that has nothing to do with the date of order. PL, PA, full SVT, SVT Focus, large dealer, small dealer. So small dealer, non PA, etc. is going to get theirs near the end of the first run.

I'm wondering if those that ordered in Mar/Apr and no VIN might be:

- Non-PA, non-SVT (round allocations are PA, SVT-full, SVT-Focus, other Cert., yes???)

- Low priority in region (low volume 'other-cert' dealermight be at the tail end of each round????

- Low demand paint color??? (hey, they don't paint them in batches of 1 <lol>)

I'm just speculating, but curious if VIN-less Mar/Apr orders hit any/all of the above???

I think my situation qualifies for all of the above...Small, non-PA, non-SVT dealer. Dealer is very small, located in a small mountain town of about 4,000 people. And if the poll on this board is any indication, my color selection isn't very popular (Vista Blue, Tungsten stripes)

It does not matter when you order the car. It matters when Ford Allots it to your dealer. That is based on a pecking order that has nothing to do with the date of order. PL, PA, full SVT, SVT Focus, large dealer, small dealer. So small dealer, non PA, etc. is going to get theirs near the end of the first run.

Exactly... that's why I'm wondering how many with no vin on a long-pending order might be 'other-cert' dealer who might get the tail-end in an allocation round and, if small, might not get any vin pulled in some rounds.

We can only hope some of those dealers aren't trans-shipping them off to bigger e-bay dealers and not counting that as allocation as far as customer is concerned: "nope, haven't seen our first one yet, sir." That would really suck.

I think my situation qualifies for all of the above...Small, non-PA, non-SVT dealer. Dealer is very small, located in a small mountain town of about 4,000 people. And if the poll on this board is any indication, my color selection isn't very popular (Vista Blue, Tungsten stripes)

Hmmm... the stripes probably won't affect anything, but the other I think would (I don't know for sure, but it makes sense to me). Hope my second comment above doesn't apply to anyone.

Archived