TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dig-It’s Quantum Performance Mod Shop Update

Carl Bishop

Hey all, I spoke to Kevin (aka Dig-It) this morning. He’s in Texas overseeing his SC upgrade (and other goodies) on his SGT. He asked if I’d post up and give everyone a quick status since he’s been ‘unplugged’ for the last week or so. The build is a little behind schedule, his brand spankin’ new polished Kenny Bell SC didn’t show up until this morning, the good thing is Quantum had the car prepped and ready to go once it arrived. The car should be finished by Monday and loaded on a transporter for the trip back home to VA on Tuesday. Kevin will be flying back first thing tomorrow morning and will be posting pictures once he gets home.

He wanted me to let everyone know that he’ll have the first Super Charged SGT convertible, the first SGT with a Shelby KB, and first over all ’08 SHELBY GT/SC thought the Shelby Mod Shop.

Hey all, I spoke to Kevin (aka Dig-It) this morning. He’s in Texas overseeing his SC upgrade (and other goodies) on his SGT. He asked if I’d post up and give everyone a quick status since he’s been ‘unplugged’ for the last week or so. The build is a little behind schedule, his brand spankin’ new polished Kenny Bell SC didn’t show up until this morning, the good thing is Quantum had the car prepped and ready to go once it arrived. The car should be finished by Monday and loaded on a transporter for the trip back home to VA on Tuesday. Kevin will be flying back first thing tomorrow morning and will be posting pictures once he gets home.

He wanted me to let everyone know that he’ll have the first Super Charged SGT convertible, the first SGT with a Shelby KB, and first over all ’08 SHELBY GT/SC thought the Shelby Mod Shop.

Flying home? Car on transporter? Shoot, I'd be driving that sucker back home!!! Testing out that SuperCharger!!! LOL Come on Kevin Drive That Puppy!!! Congrats on finally getting it all done and we've got to have pictures of the final finished product!!!

Flying home? Car on transporter? Shoot, I'd be driving that sucker back home!!! Testing out that SuperCharger!!! LOL Come on Kevin Drive That Puppy!!! Congrats on finally getting it all done and we've got to have pictures of the final finished product!!!

The plan was to drive it home, as a matter of fact he was planning on stopping here in Raleigh on the way home. But the delay getting the SC to the shop on time changed the plan.

Let us know how your mods went, we are all dying to hear!

One thing I know for sure.....that sucker is going to RIP up the pavement!!!!! Trust me, I know ;)

That thing will haul bacon....and eggs..and toast just about anything in it's path!

Sorry, I must be in the mood for breakfast :hysterical:

Your over the hump Kevin. Won't be long now! This is where it gets tough! Hang in there brother. Your almost there.

Thanks Roger! Josh at Quantum said that no matter the amount of hours he and his guys put in this weekend, the car will be running on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.

Kevin, is that the smoked-chrome finish or a pure chrome finish? Where did you purchase?

Thank you 69

They're the clear ones - the Ford Racing Perf Parts chrome colored cam covers. I purchased them through Quantum Performance.

Does the KB come with the boost-a-pump or the GT500 fuel pump??? Also, are they using the KB tune??

The KB comes with a BAP. QP is going to use the KB tune. They're going to run it on the dyno before it leaves just to make sure everything's working like it should and make whatever adjustments are necessary.

AWESOME Kevin!!! Cant wait to see the finished car, but do they have to take the car apart just to change the oil?? :hysterical::hysterical3:

michael morris

Josh didn't believe me, but I told him that's how they do it in Perry, GA!

So this is the official one each with SAI stamp of approval Kenne Bell Supercharger for our '08's that I'm waiting for? It sure is purty!

And yours is a 'vert too!

Do we get to keep the strut tower brace?

I've heard that this is a 500 RWHP mod (not a 500 BPHP). If so this will be smokin'.

I've still got to figure out how they can also do 500RWHP on the auto and wonder if I want to have them tune it back just a smidgen (if that is possible). I'm afraid it may be more than the auto tranny can handle. I'm not taking it to the track though (well, maybe once or twice) so maybe I shouldn't be too worried.

Please send pics of the finished install, and also if you can, note what they had to move. The CAI gets relocated to the left side by the fuse block, so the coolant overflow tank has to get moved too. What else?

It's an intercooled blower, too, isn't it?

Wow that's a piece of art (the blower). Well you've eliminated one of my reasons for not getting a blower, the loss of the strut brace. Great. The other reason was money. Well I guess I better start saving my pennies or get a really good paying job after the USAF. Selling my 96GT will help.

Archived