TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Shot Down

motorjock205

Well, I got an email a few days ago about the Terlingua event, and I was really considering going since it's only a few hundred miles from me right here in my own back yard, until I saw the price...$2,600.00!!! I about dropped my teeth on the floor! Who can afford that for a trip to Terlingua??? I can't, and it isn't that long of a drive for me...Sad to say, at those prices, you won't be seeing me there...you guys that can afford that kind of luxury, have fun, but for $2600.00, I think I'll stay home...I would have loved to meet a bunch of you guys, but it just isn't in the stars at that kind of prices...

Well, I got an email a few days ago about the Terlingua event, and I was really considering going since it's only a few hundred miles from me right here in my own back yard, until I saw the price...$2,600.00!!! I about dropped my teeth on the floor! Who can afford that for a trip to Terlingua??? I can't, and it isn't that long of a drive for me...Sad to say, at those prices, you won't be seeing me there...you guys that can afford that kind of luxury, have fun, but for $2600.00, I think I'll stay home...I would have loved to meet a bunch of you guys, but it just isn't in the stars at that kind of prices...

it is 2, 300 for two people including hotels food and all activities and two gift bags and Carroll Shelby and one car and two parties.

Don't give up. Today I received written confirmation from Samantha at Bullrun stating that if I split the cost of a ticket with Tony Hill, Bullrun will allow Tony to drive his 07 SGT500 while I drive my 07 SGT in all Terlingua driving events. I do not have to restrict my car's participation to splitting the track events with Tony.

CSBB in Las Vegas cost $700

Terlingua $2,300

1/2 Terlingua $1,150

post-9205-1213928040.jpg

post-9205-1213928040.jpg

it is 2, 300 for two people including hotels food and all activities and two gift bags and Carroll Shelby and one car and two parties.

$2600 or $2300, may as well be $10,000 to me...but I don't know of ANY hotel down there that would come close to having amenities for a large crowd and would cost anywhere near that much...and a gift bag??? Come on...is it GOLD plated??? I'd love to see/meet Carroll Shelby and get my car signed and all that, but even though it's right here close to where I live, it isn't going to happen...at least not at those prices!!!

Don't give up. Today I received written confirmation from Samantha at Bullrun stating that if I split the cost of a ticket with Tony Hill, Bullrun will allow Tony to drive his 07 SGT500 while I drive my 07 SGT in all Terlingua driving events. I do not have to restrict my car's participation to splitting the track events with Tony.

CSBB in Las Vegas cost $700

Terlingua $2,300

1/2 Terlingua $1,150

post-9205-1213928040.jpg

$700 for CSBB in VEGAS??? and they want $2300.00 for a party in the middle of a freakin desert??? WTF??? At least there are a LOT of things to do in VEGAS...out in Terlingua, you'd better be packing some heat for the Rattle Snakes, Coyotes and misc. other critters that will be lurking around out there, because there isn't anything else out there...I'll tell ya what...Ya'll send me $2300.00 each, and I'll throw you one HECK of a party that you'll NEVER forget!!! How about that???

$2600 or $2300, may as well be $10,000 to me...but I don't know of ANY hotel down there that would come close to having amenities for a large crowd and would cost anywhere near that much...and a gift bag??? Come on...is it GOLD plated??? I'd love to see/meet Carroll Shelby and get my car signed and all that, but even though it's right here close to where I live, it isn't going to happen...at least not at those prices!!!

You will not need time to do other things every day and night will be packed with events. And we have booked out the entire hotel for just Team Shelby members and this event. we have shut down the airport strip to do drag stips on and we have a 360 mile Bull run that is being run plus a 12 mile open Road course that is being run and time trails.

So although this event might not be right for every one being out in the middle of no where it is where Carroll Shelby wanted to celebrate the Terlingua and when he first had the Chili cook off in the town of Terlingua so many years ago. This is where Carroll himself wanted this small event to happen.

We will also be doing other events that will not cost as much. But due to the location of the event and the cordination that it takes to close off roads and airports and ( really entire town) it cost more. When you split it up to 1,150 person for all meals and all events and all hotels it is not that bad.

If this event is not for you our Dearborn event may be.

Sharon

Its not cheap. That much is sure, however- I don't think it is out of line considering all that is included. Shelby autos is making some money there, but that is expected and not out of order. I have seen week long bullruns in europe run people 12,000 Not including transportation of the cars. Also these events did not include an appearance of a race legend. Personally I would be fine to see Shelby rotate every other year with a cheaper less elaborate event. Then a more exclusive more expensive one. Timing is preventing me from going but I think I would swing the cash to do it myself. Sounds like a really fun event. My 2 cents.

ooooh i'd love to go. it sounds like alot of fun...but...yea i need to keep my $2600....... for my gas tank. :drop:

plus i cant take off from work anyway. <_<

maybe when i retire and have time to travel i will go...in about 30 years :petting:

Yes, it does sound nice but a $2600 cost (not including the time and distance and other reasons involved) puts it out of reach for me (and I'm sure several others). Still, for the lucky few who can afford the time and money, I'm sure it will be an event to remember and a great time. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy reading about it and looking at the vids and pics with a glass or two of fine wine. :P

You will not need time to do other things every day and night will be packed with events. And we have booked out the entire hotel for just Team Shelby members and this event. we have shut down the airport strip to do drag stips on and we have a 360 mile Bull run that is being run plus a 12 mile open Road course that is being run and time trails.

So although this event might not be right for every one being out in the middle of no where it is where Carroll Shelby wanted to celebrate the Terlingua and when he first had the Chili cook off in the town of Terlingua so many years ago. This is where Carroll himself wanted this small event to happen.

We will also be doing other events that will not cost as much. But due to the location of the event and the cordination that it takes to close off roads and airports and ( really entire town) it cost more. When you split it up to 1,150 person for all meals and all events and all hotels it is not that bad.

If this event is not for you our Dearborn event may be.

Sharon

232 miles from Odessa, Tx to Terlingua, TX...right in my own back yard, but too expensive to attend...1500 miles from Odessa, TX to Dearborn, MI...too far to drive even if the price is right...I was just hoping that it would be a "show up and let's all have fun" kind of event instead of having to pay $2300.00 dollars to have a little fun in the desert...but that's OK, I guess since I'm out, I'll just have to live vicariously through the experiences of the lucky few that get to enjoy the experience...Someone take lots of pictures and videos for those of us that can't make the trip!!

232 miles from Odessa, Tx to Terlingua, TX...right in my own back yard, but too expensive to attend...1500 miles from Odessa, TX to Dearborn, MI...too far to drive even if the price is right...I was just hoping that it would be a "show up and let's all have fun" kind of event instead of having to pay $2300.00 dollars to have a little fun in the desert...but that's OK, I guess since I'm out, I'll just have to live vicariously through the experiences of the lucky few that get to enjoy the experience...Someone take lots of pictures and videos for those of us that can't make the trip!!

Hey Carl,

I spent 3 days at a wedding in Santa Barbara recently and dropped $1800 on room and board and didn't even get to go fast!

I was at the CSBB and met new, sure to be lifelong friends. The Shelby crew and the club members are very cool. That event was also sponsored/subsidized by Ford and others that greatly reduced the actual cost per person. The event hotel alone was normally $400 a night.

There is nothing stopping you from cruising over and seeing what an event like this is all about. We would all like to meet you. You may not get to do the driving events or stay in the Lajitas resort, but I bet you would still have a memorable time.

Michael

Our Tulsa event was a just show up and have fun event. we will try to have a little bit for everyone. This one happens to be a more money because of location and legistics, however if you can make it to Dearborn it will be another great event.

I wish that we could do something in every state but it is just not possible. We are the National club that usually does one big event a year. We have already done Birthday and Tulsa and we have Dearborn and Terlingua and two on track events coming up.

We will have the regional clubs set up by the end of the year that will be responsible for doing the regional shows.

I wish that I could get everyone a show even our European members but it is just not possible. So we will offer a few shows that will hopeful please everyone, or at least try.

Sharon

I think it should be like our very own Sturgis. Bring your Shelby, and if you are just a fan, bring whatever. Open to the Public and just party and have fun just like the old days. It seems like it is just for a bunch of Rich dudes. Shelby is just kind of a regular good old boy and the event should be like that. Hey even maybe a couple of General Lees might show up. SUDDEN.

I think it should be like our very own Sturgis. Bring your Shelby, and if you are just a fan, bring whatever. Open to the Public and just party and have fun just like the old days. It seems like it is just for a bunch of Rich dudes. Shelby is just kind of a regular good old boy and the event should be like that. Hey even maybe a couple of General Lees might show up. SUDDEN.

Unfortunatly there is not enough room is the town to open up this on to the public and not enough hotels. all the crew that it takes to put on this show.

We will be doing other shows that are just come and view. Tulsa was open to the public for all to come and watch or particpate, part of Dearborn will be open to the public and part will not.

I hope to see you all at Terlingua or another Team Shelby show. We are already planning again for Tulsa.

Sharon

Hey Carl,

I spent 3 days at a wedding in Santa Barbara recently and dropped $1800 on room and board and didn't even get to go fast!

I was at the CSBB and met new, sure to be lifelong friends. The Shelby crew and the club members are very cool. That event was also sponsored/subsidized by Ford and others that greatly reduced the actual cost per person. The event hotel alone was normally $400 a night.

There is nothing stopping you from cruising over and seeing what an event like this is all about. We would all like to meet you. You may not get to do the driving events or stay in the Lajitas resort, but I bet you would still have a memorable time.

Michael

I'd love nothing better than to show up and meet a bunch of you guys and gals, but from what Sharon wrote, it looks like the town will be pretty much closed off to the public and you'll only be allowed in if you have an invitation or tickets...I'm not opposed to camping out in a tent, or driving a few miles to another local hotel that is in Alpine or Ft. Stockton...even those aren't that far from Terlingua and Odessa...Who knows...you might see me anyway...I might have to crash a party! LOL :happy feet:

Unfortunatly there is not enough room is the town to open up this on to the public and not enough hotels. all the crew that it takes to put on this show.

We will be doing other shows that are just come and view. Tulsa was open to the public for all to come and watch or particpate, part of Dearborn will be open to the public and part will not.

I hope to see you all at Terlingua or another Team Shelby show. We are already planning again for Tulsa.

Sharon

Sharon, don't forget the Southeast! We know how to have fun and love to drive fast! :happy feet:

Sharon, don't forget the Southeast! We know how to have fun and love to drive fast! :happy feet:

Yea, head down to Florida! Maybe make a deal with Daytona...lord knows, they could use it. (very high unemployment down there!)

SEF

AKA:

I'd love nothing better than to show up and meet a bunch of you guys and gals, but from what Sharon wrote, it looks like the town will be pretty much closed off to the public and you'll only be allowed in if you have an invitation or tickets...I'm not opposed to camping out in a tent, or driving a few miles to another local hotel that is in Alpine or Ft. Stockton...even those aren't that far from Terlingua and Odessa...Who knows...you might see me anyway...I might have to crash a party! LOL :happy feet:

Carl,

They're not putting the town on Lock-down and keeping un-ticketed cars out with armed guards. I happen to be one of the people that can and will afford this event - it'll pretty much drain my bank account for a couple of weeks, but I think it'll be worth it. I'll be bringing my girlfriend (and paying the full $2300 to do so), but she can't drive a stick and won't be doing any of the driving. I could use a driving partner for the 350 mile bullrun rally if you'd like to come down and participate.

Matt

I thought sturgis was full of $30k plus bikes now as well. I mean how much is a new HD or Shop built Chopper thingy cost anyway?

What I wonder is if the guys building the SGT's could afford to attend, now that should be the benchmark to me if it costs too much....

Could a regular guy working on the shop floor pony up 2300 bucks? I have no idea.

Saying that...Seems like a reasonable price for an "exclusive party". I think that Carroll and crew are doing a great job sounds like a kick!

Those organized car rallies cost substantially more than the price SAI is asking for this event

Some of us are just not yacht club/golf kinda guys, and thats cool.

Why complain? Have Fun!!! :superhero:

Remember guys, its the location, the insurances, for the track, the road for the bullrun, the limited hotels. Its 3 days of full meals and parties that include liquor. In fact the rate doesn't include all, we will be paying for the big saturday event.

There's also the chilli cookoff people, special guest, etc we need to fly in and board, it really is a location deal.

we are looking at possibly some relief if I can lower the event price it will be to those who already signed up. Thank you to all who understand what it takes to pull off these types of events.

We will have other more reasonable events mixed in with our big events.

Carl,

They're not putting the town on Lock-down and keeping un-ticketed cars out with armed guards. I happen to be one of the people that can and will afford this event - it'll pretty much drain my bank account for a couple of weeks, but I think it'll be worth it. I'll be bringing my girlfriend (and paying the full $2300 to do so), but she can't drive a stick and won't be doing any of the driving. I could use a driving partner for the 350 mile bullrun rally if you'd like to come down and participate.

Matt

Thanks for the offer Matt, but my boss called last night and told me to check my schedule as there had been a lot of changes recently, and wouldn't you know it, I'm going to be stuck in Huntsville, Alabama for the entire month of September in a class learning about a new product...OH BOY! I CAN HARDLY WAIT! Figures though...Oh well, I guess maybe another time and place...but thanks again for the offer.

Carl

Carl,

Matt

Matt,

Very cool!

I look forward to meeting you in Terlingua.

Michael

Archived