TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT valve cover plates

FiaCobra

Anyone having a problem with the gray SVT cover plates on the valve covers? Mine have bubbles that appear as if they may break open in the future. It's not a structual problem, rather an aesthetic one.

Pop the hood of your machine, take a look, then report back here.

Anyone having a problem with the gray SVT cover plates on the valve covers? Mine have bubbles that appear as if they may break open in the future. It's not a structual problem, rather an aesthetic one.

No problems here - can you post some pics?

I have them. The paint on the covers is bubbling. I'm reporting them when I take my car in for the replacement of the clutch/transmission issue. It's one of many things I'm going to be having them do.

Mine are fine. Yours probably had some contaminants on the surface before being painted/powder coated. Should b a simple warranty issue. Take it to your dealership.

Mine have huge bubbles. You would think in todays day and age whoever makes these would not be so damn cheap to have such poor preperation proceedure in place. Obviously something was on the surface when ours got painted.

Both have them, too, so it is not just one or two, but rather proceedure and thus many are affected I am sure.

Dealer explained that "SVT" is picky and that they would have to take pictures first and then submit to get approval. I always love to make two trips to get something fixed....

I'd also much prefer to put the new ones on myself, but I am sure they wont allow that either.

I plan on waiting a while so that hopefully they figure this out and not just get another set with paint bubbles.

Mine have some bubbles in them. The coil covers are probably cast aluminum made out of old beer cans and then painted or powdercoated. I'm not going to waste time taking them to the dealer - it took me three trips to get them to fix a noise in the door panel. I'll take the coil covers off and prep them properly and have them coated myself.

Both have them, too, so it is not just one or two, but rather proceedure and thus many are affected I am sure.

Dealer explained that "SVT" is picky and that they would have to take pictures first and then submit to get approval. I always love to make two trips to get something fixed....

Taking pic's of cosmetic flaws is standard prrocedure to get claims validated by Ford. It is not because SVT is picky.

I need to look at my valve covers.

Archived