TEAM SHELBY FORUM

vehicle worth

kevbis7

I have a 2007 Shelby Mustang GT with 10,000 miles. If I were to sell the car, how much is it worth? I can not found a resource which provides the car value, can anyone please provide the value?

thank you

Kevin

If you ask em, the value of our cars GT or GT500 are not going to be what we all thought when it comes to resale. Neither car is selling hot anymore, or at least slowed down. No ADM's being paid for the most part. And there is still a supply of 07 and 08, while 09 are being built. Bottom line, it is worth what the right person is willing to pay. I say take a good look at normal Mustang depreciation, set you price higher if need be, and post with best offer. I tried to sell my 08 GT500 at under MSRP with less than 400 miles, not one call! Good luck...

I have a 2007 Shelby Mustang GT with 10,000 miles. If I were to sell the car, how much is it worth? I can not found a resource which provides the car value, can anyone please provide the value?

thank you

Kevin

NADA.com gives prices for the 2007 Shelby GT. Just put in your cars specs and it gives you trade-in and retail values. Doesn't mean thats what you'll get for it, but at least you'll have something to show prospective buyers.

If you ask em, the value of our cars GT or GT500 are not going to be what we all thought when it comes to resale. Neither car is selling hot anymore, or at least slowed down. No ADM's being paid for the most part. And there is still a supply of 07 and 08, while 09 are being built. Bottom line, it is worth what the right person is willing to pay. I say take a good look at normal Mustang depreciation, set you price higher if need be, and post with best offer. I tried to sell my 08 GT500 at under MSRP with less than 400 miles, not one call! Good luck...

thanks for the info.

kevin

NADA.com gives prices for the 2007 Shelby GT. Just put in your cars specs and it gives you trade-in and retail values. Doesn't mean thats what you'll get for it, but at least you'll have something to show prospective buyers.

thanks, i will check it out

kevin

Well, since you can still buy NEW Shelby GT's on the market at around 30K in some places, I would say that an '07 Shelby GT is probably worth in the neighborhood of $26K to $28K - that's just my wild guess.

Just like any "new"car, it has NO resale! Or should I say the resale is "stealsale" and if you paid an ADM on the car and want to sell it, your toast. The car business is just that way and will most likely never be the way it used to be. Just ask our favorite car salesman Michael Morris, he'll be honest with you and tell you the same thing.

thanks, i will check it out

kevin

You can pretty much forget NADA because the values they show are way off the map.

They show $31,500 as trade in value and $35,225 as retail value.

You can buy brand new 07's right now for as low as $29,999.

With 10K miles I would say $25K - $26K would be more realistic at this point, but list it for $29K and see what happens. If you get offered anything over $26K you would be doing good. You can always come down if need be, but you can't go up!

Archived