TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HELP!!! Front and rear rattles

azmartin

I don't know about anyone else? But my SGT sounded like it was comming apart when going over even the slightest of bumps in the road. The noise was prominent in the front and the rear of the car everytime I hit any bump. After numerous returns of my SGT to the dealer for warranty, and then taking matters into my own hands, I finally solved one of the the issues. There is to much movement in the plastic pins that mount the front and rear bumper covers. I installed a neopreme washer under each plastic retainer pin that very much reduced the noise. Not to tight, but greatly reduced the free rattle movement. only .25 each and available at your local hardware store. I still have a loud thunk from what appears to be from around the drivers side front area. I have checked everything for tightness, any thought or idea is apprecaited. My dealer doesn't seem to have a clue?

I don't know about anyone else? But my SGT sounded like it was comming apart when going over even the slightest of bumps in the road. The noise was prominent in the front and the rear of the car everytime I hit any bump. After numerous returns of my SGT to the dealer for warranty, and then taking matters into my own hands, I finally solved one of the the issues. There is to much movement in the plastic pins that mount the front and rear bumper covers. I installed a neopreme washer under each plastic retainer pin that very much reduced the noise. Not to tight, but greatly reduced the free rattle movement. only .25 each and available at your local hardware store. I still have a loud thunk from what appears to be from around the drivers side front area. I have checked everything for tightness, any thought or idea is apprecaited. My dealer doesn't seem to have a clue?

The noise is typical. My 06 made the same noise...just turn up the sounds!

sounds like it might be an exhaust hanger hitting bottom side. Dealer fixed for me in less than an hour. I believe there was a TSB for this. Search the sight and you should find more info on the TSB.

sounds like it might be an exhaust hanger hitting bottom side. Dealer fixed for me in less than an hour. I believe there was a TSB for this. Search the sight and you should find more info on the TSB.

I do appreciate the sounds, I can't hear anyway, at least that is what my wife tells me. The dealer supposedly replaced the left rear exhaust hanger with no improvement. As for TSR, where can I find that information?

Thanks

for the front, mine had a front stabilizer bar link that was not even tight (a shelby installed part). with that tightened it still has a clunk noise in the right front (much less than the original noise). there is a bulletin 07-18-02 for 2007 and older for a revised top strut mount (2008 has it i think). i may have this done, depending on how annoyed i am.

the rear, you might check the muffler mount just inside the bumper cover. one on each mufler. (just a metal rod welded to the muffler right at the rear of the car that slides into a rubber mount) the rods were too long and grew with heat until they bumped into the rear cover when moving around under bumps or whatever. these will fool you because they look ok when not hot as hell from driving. so check them after getting the thing cooking hot, sometimes there is a witness mark even.

i think the slightly harder stabilizer bar mounts and such do transmit more noise than the rubber stuff on the non-FRPP suspension versions, but the upper strut mount fix has been good for some folks i talked to. if this is the issue, just trying to help.

tsb07_18_02.pdf

tsb07_18_02.pdf

for the front, mine had a front stabilizer bar link that was not even tight (a shelby installed part). with that tightened it still has a clunk noise in the right front (much less than the original noise). there is a bulletin 07-18-02 for 2007 and older for a revised top strut mount (2008 has it i think). i may have this done, depending on how annoyed i am.

the rear, you might check the muffler mount just inside the bumper cover. one on each mufler. (just a metal rod welded to the muffler right at the rear of the car that slides into a rubber mount) the rods were too long and grew with heat until they bumped into the rear cover when moving around under bumps or whatever. these will fool you because they look ok when not hot as hell from driving. so check them after getting the thing cooking hot, sometimes there is a witness mark even.

i think the slightly harder stabilizer bar mounts and such do transmit more noise than the rubber stuff on the non-FRPP suspension versions, but the upper strut mount fix has been good for some folks i talked to. if this is the issue, just trying to help.

Heyyyy, thanks for the information. Great ideas and places to look. The front has a loud thunk, it appears to be when the load is taken off the front end of the car. Your time and comments are apprecaited. I will let you know what I find.

Jeff

Archived