TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Two Lucky Service Members to Get Chance at KR!

The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) New Car Sales program is having a contest to select two servicemembers for opportunity to purchase a GT500KR at MSRP!

The lucky Buyers will be required to put down $4000 deposit to commit the order with a delivery date no earlier than Oct '08.

In the same contest they're also selecting 6 buyers for '09 GT500 coupes at MSRP...

Got my name in both drawings today!!! I've got the $4K, but the other $76K may be tough to reach...

Wish me luck!

Keith

A contest over two cars with competitors that have loaded weapons....this could be interesting. Good luck to you Keith, but I would definately watch your back if you win. :hysterical::hysterical:

Have they announced what the contest actually is? If not I have one they should try...how about the first two service persons (people?) to find and capture Bin Laudin get the KR's BELOW M.S.R.P.

A contest over two cars with competitors that have loaded weapons....this could be interesting. Good luck to you Keith, but I would definately watch your back if you win. :hysterical::hysterical:

Have they announced what the contest actually is? If not I have one they should try...how about the first two service persons (people?) to find and capture Bin Laudin get the KR's BELOW M.S.R.P.

Well, the "contest" is nothing more than a drawing of names from all those submitted... drawing is to be held on 24 Jun and winners announced by 27 Jun.

Same here....good luck....I can chip in and we can share........... :D

If I did win, I'd definitely be in need of a benefactor, a sponsor, or a partner to pull the $80K together :hysterical:. Maybe I can find some very unique and looooong term financing out there...

Keith

If I did win, I'd definitely be in need of a benefactor, a sponsor, or a partner to pull the $80K together :hysterical:. Maybe I can find some very unique and looooong term financing out there...

Keith

I WILL SPLIT IT WITH YOU??? GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SAFELY, AND SOON.

When I read the title to this thread, I thought it would explain that several members of our military service would WIN KR's-- outright win them.

Cheers to AAFES for this program. Sorry to be such a hopeless idealist, but I would love to see this idea taken to another level for the folks who risk life and limb for this country. Set aside a handful of KR units to be WON by service members-- maybe they would have to pay taxes on msrp but nothing else ......now THAT would be an appropriate honor for our service members!

All it would take would be a philanthropic collaboration of several in the league of Ron Pratte, Jay Leno, Mr. Shelby, Bill Ford --- to make this happen. I'd do it myself in a heartbeat if the checkbook could withstand....

When I read the title to this thread, I thought it would explain that several members of our military service would WIN KR's-- outright win them.

Cheers to AAFES for this program. Sorry to be such a hopeless idealist, but I would love to see this idea taken to another level for the folks who risk life and limb for this country. Set aside a handful of KR units to be WON by service members-- maybe they would have to pay taxes on msrp but nothing else ......now THAT would be an appropriate honor for our service members!

All it would take would be a philanthropic collaboration of several in the league of Ron Pratte, Jay Leno, Mr. Shelby, Bill Ford --- to make this happen. I'd do it myself in a heartbeat if the checkbook could withstand....

SnakeOil ~ Do appreciate the sentiments! In most cases the guys and gals will simply take a "Thank You" and a Handshake, Hug, or Pat on the Back as an acceptable expression of gratitude.

keith

My buddy over here put his name in for a chance at the 2 KRs and the 6 GT 500s as well. They actually had 3 KRs and then the number changed to 2. I wonder if some general officer decided to take one of them :) Awesome deal seeing they are going for $100K plus.

You and Your buddy both be safe there... News reports seem to indicate a rise in the bombings lately.

Good luck in the contest as well!

Keith

I WILL SPLIT IT WITH YOU??? GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SAFELY, AND SOON.

Split it... You bet! Like buying shares of an airplane or a timeshare condo; only a lot more fun;o)

I'm sure there's a lawyer somewhere that specializes in these types of contracts. Specified weekend usage, mileage usage, etc.! Sounds like a plan :shift:

Keith

You and Your buddy both be safe there... News reports seem to indicate a rise in the bombings lately.

Good luck in the contest as well!

Keith

Thanks Keith. I did not enter the drawing, just my buddy. I am happy with my SGT and already committed to building a new house back home.

We have had a lot of dust storms lately and the lack of visibility seems to give the bad guys more courage to come close to the wire and lob more mortars.

Thanks Keith. I did not enter the drawing, just my buddy. I am happy with my SGT and already committed to building a new house back home.

We have had a lot of dust storms lately and the lack of visibility seems to give the bad guys more courage to come close to the wire and lob more mortars.

I just wanted to say thanks, from me and my family. For everything you guys do to keep us safe at home. Please stay safe and may God bless all of you!

Archived