TEAM SHELBY FORUM

super snake for sale on ebay!!

He states that its a 725HP, plus the pictures show the polished KB. I think everyone with a SS will be watching this HOPING the car brings 200K!!! I hate to say this, but if the car brings that kind of money I will have my listed the day after that car ends!!!!!!

michael morris

I shall laugh my butt off if it goes for anything over 100k. That's just plain dumb to pay that much when there are still SS #'s available. Hell, I'd like to request #1000 as a number and be the very last one made.

I shall laugh my butt off if it goes for anything over 100k. That's just plain dumb to pay that much when there are still SS #'s available. Hell, I'd like to request #1000 as a number and be the very last one made.

You have a point, but to someone not wanting to wait or from another country with an exchange advantage, this may look cheap to them. They may not have the patience to go through process to get it done. If someone is willing to pay it, all the power to them. I am sure they will enjoy it.

Al

You have a point, but to someone not wanting to wait or from another country with an exchange advantage, this may look cheap to them. They may not have the patience to go through process to get it done. If someone is willing to pay it, all the power to them. I am sure they will enjoy it.

Al

Thats what I was thinking. Exchange rate and not wanting to wait 7 monts to get one. Theres still numbers left. You can buy a GT500 for sticker or very close then send it to SAI or a mod shop and have the car done for under 90K, but if you dont want to wait and the exchange rate looks good.

michael morris

I was told that #1, #2, #999 and #1000 is saved for Mr. Shelby from the people at SAI

If this one is purchased using the Buy it now option, it will either be by:

1. someone with lots of money, and very little knowlege about actual pricing of the GT500 and/or the SS package; or

2. someone with lots of money and very little patience.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Super Snake. There are however better options if you want to spend $200K on a car IMHO.

However, if the starting bid is indeed the reserve, I could see a legitimate argument for someone willing to buy it at that price. At $100K, this new SS is competitively priced vs a KR.

I guess I've created some controversy over the $200k "buy it now" price. I've struggled with the starting price over the last 6 months while my car physically sat in line at Shelby Las Vegas to be completed. I feel the car has a great deal of value emerging from a stock of only one thousand cars of which a small percentage will be 725hp cars. I realize now the "buy it now" price may be a bit high but when you calculate the dollar against the EURO ($200k= 128kEuro) it seems more in perspective and of the 62 people watching this car actively on Ebay 10 are europeans who have written to me about the car. Who knows where this will end up, I have patience to wait for the right price.

I guess I've created some controversy over the $200k "buy it now" price. I've struggled with the starting price over the last 6 months while my car physically sat in line at Shelby Las Vegas to be completed. I feel the car has a great deal of value emerging from a stock of only one thousand cars of which a small percentage will be 725hp cars. I realize now the "buy it now" price may be a bit high but when you calculate the dollar against the EURO ($200k= 128kEuro) it seems more in perspective and of the 62 people watching this car actively on Ebay 10 are europeans who have written to me about the car. Who knows where this will end up, I have patience to wait for the right price.

You have NOTHING to lose by putting the 200K BIN! I felt that someone would buy a SS and put it on ebay. Alot of folks with money and no PATIENCE and as you and I have both mentioned the exchange might make it worth someone buying. If you sell yours and have extra bidders let me know. I would hate to sell #14, but for that kind of money I would let it go.

michael morris

I just took a look and the guy has one bid for $100,000.00. Man, makes me feel pretty good at this point. Several KR's are not drawing $100k.

like many ebay auctions, sellers get friends or other registered uses to start the bidding to get things going.......means nothing

I'm not liking the Headrest cover the colors don't match, Can someone tell from the Pics what Package 600 or 725.

4a14_4.jpg

I raised this issue in a thread in the ask Amy section a while back. A fix has not been ruled out but last time I checked ther was no update. The recommmendation was to have the stock headrest emroidered with an SS version of the KR headrest. Take a look-

KRHEADREST.jpg

First listing ended without a sale.

Relisted w/ a starting bid ( below reserve ) of $100K.

I've had better luck, selling vehicles on eBay, with no reserve auctions and a starting price at my absolute bottom line. That seems to attract real buyers.

When buying on eBay, I usually ignore auctions w/ a " teaser " starting bid below reserve.

Archived