TEAM SHELBY FORUM

muffler came off

First off all I love my Shelby, so its been a week in the local Ford dealer to replace one of the hangers fell off. The service adsvisor said that it would be a quick turn around but it hasnt.He state that he need to get approval from Shelby America is this true? has any one run into this type of problem. or any that took a week or more. tomorrow am going to see whats goin on. The car still has the new car smell so its not like its a daily driver its a weekend car so its not abuse. Am just worry so one will scratch it Then that will get me very upset. what do u guys think?

2008 Shelby GT California Edition Grabber Orange #105

I haven't heard of needing Shelby's approval to fix a hanger... If you look around on this forum you will find plenty of stories where it has taken more time to get something fixed than one would think. I'm not sure what to tell you but it does seem pretty strange of them to say they need approval to fix that. You might want to go down there and check...Your car might be sitting on the showroom floor being shown off to the public. You know how awesome these cars are!!! :rockon:

First off all I love my Shelby, so its been a week in the local Ford dealer to replace one of the hangers fell off. The service adsvisor said that it would be a quick turn around but it hasnt.He state that he need to get approval from Shelby America is this true? has any one run into this type of problem. or any that took a week or more. tomorrow am going to see whats goin on. The car still has the new car smell so its not like its a daily driver its a weekend car so its not abuse. Am just worry so one will scratch it Then that will get me very upset. what do u guys think?

2008 Shelby GT California Edition Grabber Orange #105

The approval for work on Shelby installed parts comes from Ford Racing NOT "Shelby America" which BTW no longer exists, it's "Shelby Automobiles, Inc.) but you get the idea. It shouldn't take this long to get approval for a simple exhaust hanger IF they called the right people and sent the proper documentation. They should be calling 1-800-367-3788 to set up a claim and they can help them through the process if it applies.

I haven't heard of needing Shelby's approval to fix a hanger... If you look around on this forum you will find plenty of stories where it has taken more time to get something fixed than one would think. I'm not sure what to tell you but it does seem pretty strange of them to say they need approval to fix that. You might want to go down there and check...Your car might be sitting on the showroom floor being shown off to the public. You know how awesome these cars are!!! :rockon:

I have had multiple things done to my car over the course of the year.

4 hood scoops

New stripes installed

Shifter rattle

Hood pins replaced

Some paint issues

And because I have gone in to the dealer with the Ford/Shelby warranty information in hand with direction to them to call Ford Racing a 1-800-367-3788 to set up the claim I have never had to wait other than a day or two, except the one time the dealer tried to work around the process to save money, to get an answer. Parts have been shipped within days and in the case of the hood scoops and stripes they were shipped overnight.

At least this is my experience thus far...

I have had multiple things done to my car over the course of the year.

4 hood scoops

New stripes installed

Shifter rattle

Hood pins replaced

Some paint issues

And because I have gone in to the dealer with the Ford/Shelby warranty information in hand with direction to them to call Ford Racing a 1-800-367-3788 to set up the claim I have never had to wait other than a day or two, except the one time the dealer tried to work around the process to save money, to get an answer. Parts have been shipped within days and in the case of the hood scoops and stripes they were shipped overnight.

At least this is my experience thus far...

That is reassuring since I am about to have one of my issues resolved soon.

or they could be putting miles on it. :spiteful:

08sgtc105 you might want to check the odometer when u get it back :hysterical:

Archived