TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dull hood scoop

The silver areas of the hood scoop on my 08 SGT are rather dull, compared to the silver stripes on the hood. Aren't the scoops painted silver, then striped with body-color tape down the middle? If so, then why isn't the silver shiny like the rest of the car? No clear? I tried waxing, but it didn't make any difference. So far, I'm not having the other hood scoop issues like so many others, but when I shine things up, I want it all to shine! Any thoughts?

The silver areas of the hood scoop on my 08 SGT are rather dull, compared to the silver stripes on the hood. Aren't the scoops painted silver, then striped with body-color tape down the middle? If so, then why isn't the silver shiny like the rest of the car? No clear? I tried waxing, but it didn't make any difference. So far, I'm not having the other hood scoop issues like so many others, but when I shine things up, I want it all to shine! Any thoughts?

could you get a pic or two outside so we can see what it looks like. mine shines just like the rest of the car so im not sure why yours would not.

The same with my SGT5697 the scoop stripes are shiny, but still dull compared to the rest of the vehicle.

I have been lucky enough to get 4 scoops and will say that 3 were "dull" while one was VERY shiny like the new stripes. I have had two sets of stripes one was, I'd call semi-gloss, and one set very glossy. So go figure... In the end I've never had anyone notice or comment on any combination of the above.

Archived