TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake E.T.

Super Snake: 11.40s

Posted Yesterday 06:23 AM by dfarr

Filed under: Ford news

Shelby Automobiles' Gary Patterson ripped off three passes in the 11.40s at over 130 mph in a Super Snake GT500 during Saturday's drag racing session at Tulsa Raceway Park during the Mid-America Ford and Team Shelby Nationals.

Shelby Automobiles' Gary Patterson ripped off three passes in the 11.40s at over 130 mph in a Super Snake GT500 during Saturday's drag racing session at Tulsa Raceway Park during the Mid-America Ford and Team Shelby Nationals.

Wow at 130 I would have thought he should be running in the mid 10`s

What tires? What Super Snake, 600? 725? I would guess it was the Red car (Snake 1)?

It would be interesting to hear how the car launched and how much tire spin there was to still pull a 130+ mph.

R

What tires? What Super Snake, 600? 725? I would guess it was the Red car (Snake 1)?

It would be interesting to hear how the car launched and how much tire spin there was to still pull a 130+ mph.

R

I was right behind him in my SS and he was driving the 725 SS #1...had 18" stock wheels with drag radials..had to ease it of the line...It will take a lot of practice to get the feel of this beast...I'm a total rookie at this and my times are not worth mentioning but I'll tell you this this car pulls like crazy...on my three passes I spotted my competitor at least 5-7 car lengths and always ran him down!!! 118mph..it was fun...Reg

I was right behind him in my SS and he was driving the 725 SS #1...had 18" stock wheels with drag radials..had to ease it of the line...It will take a lot of practice to get the feel of this beast...I'm a total rookie at this and my times are not worth mentioning but I'll tell you this this car pulls like crazy...on my three passes I spotted my competitor at least 5-7 car lengths and always ran him down!!! 118mph..it was fun...Reg

I thought it may have been Snake 1. Drag radials and still "had to ease it off the line". These 725 cars need slicks...... Here is an under hood picture of Snake 1 taken from the 2007 Shelby Annual. Does anyone notice anything unique about the 725 Snake 1 engine?

Hint - Snake 1 has a STB.

Picture1356.jpg

R

I thought it may have been Snake 1. Drag radials and still "had to ease it off the line". These 725 cars need slicks...... Here is an under hood picture of Snake 1 taken from the 2007 Shelby Annual. Does anyone notice anything unique about the 725 Snake 1 engine?

Hint - Snake 1 has a STB.

Picture1356.jpg

R

no STB available yet for the 2.8 Kenne Bell....

Thats correct, they switched #1 to the KB.

michael morris

And they removed the JBA long tube headers and full 3" exhaust. Re-installed the stock manifolds and X-pipe with the touring Borla Cat-Back that comes standard with the 725hp package.

And they removed the JBA long tube headers and full 3" exhaust. Re-installed the stock manifolds and X-pipe with the touring Borla Cat-Back that comes standard with the 725hp package.

This is also good to know.

Thanks again, Robert

I can do that for $20,000 cheaper. :happy feet:

:superhero:

You could.... but then it would'nt be a SuperSnake. The guys who opted to shell out 30k are looking for more than ET's or RWHP. It's a slice of history that is more than worth it to some and not particularly important to others. The best choice for one individual is not the best for another. That's what makes this a great country.

I can do that for $20,000 cheaper. :happy feet:

:superhero:

You could.... but then it would'nt be a SuperSnake. The guys who opted to shell out 30k are looking for more than ET's or RWHP. It's a slice of history that is more than worth it to some and not particularly important to others. The best choice for one individual is not the best for another. That's what makes this a great country.

+1

You could.... but then it would'nt be a SuperSnake. The guys who opted to shell out 30k are looking for more than ET's or RWHP. It's a slice of history that is more than worth it to some and not particularly important to others. The best choice for one individual is not the best for another. That's what makes this a great country.[/color

One mans pleasure is another mans poison- you said it very well Snake 08- the real beauty in the SS will be its exclusivity and its heritage remember the original 67 SS was a one of, with only one produced - so this car has real heritage. I will be enjoying mine for many more reasons than simply ET although it would be nice to see the 10s

Archived