TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Birthday Party?

Orf

I'm making an executive decision. I am proclaiming today as my Shelby's birthday. I got a copy of the Vehicle Detail Information today, and it shows "BUCKED" with a date of 9/6. Estimated delivery week of 9/17. My sales guy also gave me a copy of the invoice. Funny thing is, the date on the invoice is 8/28. I guess I was wrong, but I thought the invoice wasn't prepared until the vehicle was built.

I'm hoping the delivery estimate is accurate. I'm assuming the side stripes are installed on the line, as reported a while back in another thread, and the 'vert doesn't have to go to "another country" :doh: for over the top stripes, so there is no reason for a long delay between being produced and being shipped.

Keeping my fingers crossed to take delivery before my birthday (9/20).

Orf;

Eactly what I understand that side stripes are installed on the line as to help ease the backlog of striping. This started after there shutdown for holidays. Good Luck hope you get your car soon. This waiting is a killer.

• 2 weeks later...

Orf;

Eactly what I understand that side stripes are installed on the line as to help ease the backlog of striping. This started after there shutdown for holidays. Good Luck hope you get your car soon. This waiting is a killer.

Just got off the phone with Ralph. He said my 'vert is at the foreign plant awaiting striping. I mentioned that I was under the impression that the side stripes were put on while the car was on the line. He said they weren't.

Ralph's information has been spot on for everyone, so I guess the side stripe thing was just a rumor.

Just got off the phone with Ralph. He said my 'vert is at the foreign plant awaiting striping. I mentioned that I was under the impression that the side stripes were put on while the car was on the line. He said they weren't.

Ralph's information has been spot on for everyone, so I guess the side stripe thing was just a rumor.

`Orf:

Sure looks that way but that isn`t what they indicated back in June. Its to bad as it would have allowed vert`s & over the top stripes delete vehicles to be shipped out alot sooner

I got word through the grapevine that my 'vert was Gate Released on 9/16. So I called my sales guy. He said he checked this morning and it shows as Shipped. Now I just need the railcar gods to be kind.

I've got fingers crossed here for you! Good luck!

bj

Archived