TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Mod Package

69dejavue

Is there supposed to be a modification package to the SGT similar to the 40th anniversary and KR packages for the GT 500? If so has anyone heard when and what would be included?

That's a great idea!!!! If one is to come down in Homestead FL. I would go for it for sure!!!!!!! It's another thing if the Boss lady approves or not......this is what I may encounter in the process.... :finger::finger::finger:

That's a great idea!!!! If one is to come down in Homestead FL. I would go for it for sure!!!!!!! It's another thing if the Boss lady approves or not......this is what I may encounter in the process.... :finger::finger::finger:

You and me both brother...you and me both...

Is there supposed to be a modification package to the SGT similar to the 40th anniversary and KR packages for the GT 500? If so has anyone heard when and what would be included?

This has been discussed almost as frequently as the gas cap since Apri 2007. The "/SC" was the only response to the idea that we got from SAI.

I really think SAI is missing the boat on this. There are a lot of people who were not able to take advantage of the mod shop because they bought cars off dealer's lots. Simiarly not everybody wants or has the cash for a super charger. I have proposed a two tier option. The first tier being mostly suspension, brakes, wheel upgrade. The second tier being a supercharger. Search back through the forum and you will find several threads discussing the idea.

Unfortunately, SAI is too busy, the idea is not profitable enough, or the idea is just being ignored. Either way it would be nice to get an answer from SAI.

This has been discussed almost as frequently as the gas cap since Apri 2007. The "/SC" was the only response to the idea that we got from SAI.

I really think SAI is missing the boat on this. There are a lot of people who were not able to take advantage of the mod shop because they bought cars off dealer's lots. Simiarly not everybody wants or has the cash for a super charger. I have proposed a two tier option. The first tier being mostly suspension, brakes, wheel upgrade. The second tier being a supercharger. Search back through the forum and you will find several threads discussing the idea.

Unfortunately, SAI is too busy, the idea is not profitable enough, or the idea is just being ignored. Either way it would be nice to get an answer from SAI.

You could separate them by "power" and "appearance", but what besides the supercharger would be in power and what in appearance isn't already there? We already have the suspension. Brakes would be all that's left, and without a wheel/tire change you can't get there from the Shelby catalog. Slotted/drilled rotors and pads are available elsewhere.

You could separate them by "power" and "appearance", but what besides the supercharger would be in power and what in appearance isn't already there? We already have the suspension. Brakes would be all that's left, and without a wheel/tire change you can't get there from the Shelby catalog. Slotted/drilled rotors and pads are available elsewhere.

Suspension pieces that are still stock and could be replaced:

Lower control arms

Upper control arms

Adjustable or correct length Pan Hard rod or even better a watts link

Sway bar links, at least for the front

My proposals:

Turn 1

The above suspension pieces (preferably with watts link)

Baer Extreme or GTplus brake package

18" CS69 wheels (other 20" wheels optional)

Lower grill, driving lights and brake package

Subtle badging including gas cap(past precedent would suggest a stripe change)

Turn 2

Supercharger (possibly choice of Paxton,Whipple,Kenne Bell)

"/SC" striping

Just my ideas others have shared theirs, check out the other threads.

Well there is no SGT in 2009 and SAI will be completing the 40th and KR packages. I would think they would have to lay employees off if they do not have a regular production of SGTs. Maybe then they will have a package for us, the lost, the ignored, the forgotten. BTW, the package could also consist of a different hood, brake duct and lighting, lower billett grill, sequentials, etc. Performance could be SC, driveshaft, brakes, wheels, etc. Ms. Boylan, Bud, et al, are you there?

Suspension pieces that are still stock and could be replaced:

Lower control arms

Upper control arms

Adjustable or correct length Pan Hard rod or even better a watts link

Sway bar links, at least for the front

I'll give you this set, plus the brakes (but they still have to get some that will fit on the 18" wheels).

I don't have my S/C yet, but am I going to get bunny hop like the GT500? I thought I saw elsewhere that the GT weighs about 500lbs less than the GT500. Add the S/C and that might come down to 350 or so, but that's all on the front. We get the added benefit of the FRPP suspension kit though - will that help?

I WOULD GUESS THE MAIN REASON IS THEY HAVE MORE WORK THAN THEY CAN HANDLE THE TERLINGUA PROJECT WONT START TILL AFTER THE NEW YEAR THEYS ANOUNDED THAT AT SEMA LAST OCT THATS ABOUT 14 MONTHS LATER - THEY STILL HAVE KR'S, SUPER SNAKES, ANV EDITIONS, 2008 GT SUPERCHARGERS THEY DONT NEED TO INCREASE DEMAND FOR THE MOD SHOP THEN HAVE EVERYONE BITCHING ABOUT WAITING - JUST MY OPINON

SHELBYGUY

I'll give you this set, plus the brakes (but they still have to get some that will fit on the 18" wheels).

I don't have my S/C yet, but am I going to get bunny hop like the GT500? I thought I saw elsewhere that the GT weighs about 500lbs less than the GT500. Add the S/C and that might come down to 350 or so, but that's all on the front. We get the added benefit of the FRPP suspension kit though - will that help?

At the risk of sounding like the bad guy.

I think everybody needs to give up on the dream of a brake package that is going to fit under the stock 18" Bullets. If a company was going to do it, I think it would have been done by now. Either it is not possible (not enough room for larger calipers) or not profitable (not enough market for the brake companies to invest). If you want an aftermarket brake package you are going to have to upgrade wheels. There are 18" possibilities out there. The CS69, GT500 wheel, 18" KR Alcoa (possibly) in future plus any 18" wheel that will fit on the GT500.

At the risk of sounding like the bad guy.

I think everybody needs to give up on the dream of a brake package that is going to fit under the stock 18" Bullets. If a company was going to do it, I think it would have been know. Either it is not possible (not enough room for larger calipers) or not profitable (not enough market for the brake companies to invest). If you want an aftermarket brake package you are going to have to upgrade wheels. There are 18" possibilities out there. The CS69, GT500 wheel, 18" KR Alcoa (possibly) in future plus any 18" wheel that will fit on the GT500.

i would opt for the CS69 wheels with the mod package idea. i've seen them on a white Mustang GT that someone has at work. looks pretty sharp.

i would opt for the CS69 wheels with the mod package idea. i've seen them on a white Mustang GT that someone has at work. looks pretty sharp.

I'm all for the CS69's. They are by far the best looking CS wheel in my opinion. I might be getting myself a set of them pretty soon. I just have to decide if I really have the money to shell out for them and new tires.

Archived