TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Limited Quantities?

Just remember that our lives exist in a matrix permeated by marketing. Most everything is marketing. Not that there's anything wrong with that as long as you know it's marketing. Here's a test: if you did not know that "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" is simply one big advertisement designed to sell different products, then you don't understand the nature of the matrix. :P

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't to thrilled with the Idea, like I said it wouldn't be any cheaper and if I sold it I would get hosed on what it was worth. This will be the first new hot rod I've ever bought. Kids are gone now and I have Grandchildren now. :) I intend on being that "old man with the hot car". I'm buying this to drive, those that are buying this to collect are delusional, they "might" hit the break even point in 20 years or so, but with such a high production number it's doughtful. The 2 truely rare vehicals I had, a 2000 Excelsior Henderson SuperX and a 1987 Shelby GLHS are only worth $8,000 and $700. But I'm just rambling now, so I'll shutup. :)

I have a GLHS too! Do you still have yours? They've gotta be worth more than $700.00! What fun cars! I have owned several 5.0 Mustangs over the years, and although the Mustang's quality is much better, the GLHS would walk all over them. I would have to bet there aren't a whole bunch of them left since they only built 1000 of them. I'm hoping to get an '07 GT500 so that I will have Shelby products from '67, '87 and '07.

I have a GLHS too! Do you still have yours? They've gotta be worth more than $700.00! What fun cars! I have owned several 5.0 Mustangs over the years, and although the Mustang's quality is much better, the GLHS would walk all over them. I would have to bet there aren't a whole bunch of them left since they only built 1000 of them. I'm hoping to get an '07 GT500 so that I will have Shelby products from '67, '87 and '07.

Nope, that's why I know it was worth $750. ;) I sold it on e-bay in Dec. She was a lot of fun to drive but not in very good shape. I spanked a few fox bodyed mustangs with it. #784 went to a gentleman in northern MN, up around Branerd.

I think it sucks that 7-10k are supposed to be produced a year! :angry: Originally it was going to run one year w/ limited quantities, not be run like a typical cobra! My Roush 360R is 1 of 141 produced only in 02' and that makes the car ever more special! I think Ford should have made a standard Cobra, w/ 7-10k produced a year and also offer the exclusive limited edition and production Shelby for 1 to 2 years max! I would be willing to pay big premiums for that! ;)

I think it sucks that 7-10k are supposed to be produced a year! :angry: Originally it was going to run one year w/ limited quantities, not be run like a typical cobra! My Roush 360R is 1 of 141 produced only in 02' and that makes the car ever more special! I think Ford should have made a standard Cobra, w/ 7-10k produced a year and also offer the exclusive limited edition and production Shelby for 1 to 2 years max! I would be willing to pay big premiums for that! ;)

Maybe the GT500KR will be that for you!!!

That's the rumour!!!

KingCobra.

Archived