TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower Billet Grill Picture

Here is a pic of mine from the back side. The radius of the "C" is almost as wide as the grille itself, as you can see.

Grillewelds01.jpg

AndyGJ,

Thanks for the picture. Clearly looks to set up for brake ducts and lights. Helps a lot.

Motorjock205,

I did see the thread by Grabber but was more interested by the picture of the part so I could investigate adding lights. Picture confirms they cannot be a 6". I had figured those pieces could be easily put back after the install. Good idea on the tape.

08SGT1234,

Like the idea of screws and nuts. Hoping to find a Black Annodized fastener to minimize the fastener show through.

Site is great to discuss before doing.

Thanks,

DrKSGT

Here is a link to pics of mine. Not a Shelby, just a CS front fascia I am swapping out. I just got done painting it and installing the Shelby grilles. Also, I got tired of waiting for the driving light kit.......so I made my own using the lights from the v6 pony package. I think it turned out pretty good.

http://community.webshots.com/user/swojo07pony

I would like to see your car after the new facia is installed. I bet it's going to be very good looking. Nice choice.

I installed my lower grille today with the Craigs Customer plate holder. They both look great. I used the pre-drilled holes with no problems. I used self taping stainless screws to hold it in place.

tcrockstar,

I'm looking to use Craig's bracket with a lower grille, but I've held off on getting the grille until I'm sure they can work together. Did you have any issues getting the bracket to fit along with the grille? Is there enough space between the top of the grille and the bottom of the bumper?

This is also discussed in the thread below and it sounds like it will work but require a few more tricks to make it all fit.

Front License Plate Thread

Thanks!

No problems or tricks. I installed the bracket and then installed the lower grille. Take the lower splash pan off (8 bolts) The grille and bracket do not interfere with each other. Grille took 5-10 minutes to install, the grille about 30 minutes with someone helping to make sure it was straight before i drilled.

Here is a link to pics of mine. Not a Shelby, just a CS front fascia I am swapping out. I just got done painting it and installing the Shelby grilles. Also, I got tired of waiting for the driving light kit.......so I made my own using the lights from the v6 pony package. I think it turned out pretty good.

Your driving lights/brake ducts look great! Did you fab those yourself? If so, what would you charge for a setup to someone else who's been waiting on SAI for FOREVER??? Would be nice to finally get those installed...LOL

No problems or tricks. I installed the bracket and then installed the lower grille. Take the lower splash pan off (8 bolts) The grille and bracket do not interfere with each other. Grille took 5-10 minutes to install, the grille about 30 minutes with someone helping to make sure it was straight before i drilled.

Thanks tcrockstar!

I'll be ordering a lower grille for my SGT soon!

yellow pony

+1 to Grabbers request to see car.

Like the entire lower section with the black. Advise if OE wires reach that far and connect properly.

DrKSGT

Archived