TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So why do they call it a "Tiffany" Cobra?

I did a google search, but didn't find anything. So I am curious, why is the one Cobra design called a "Tiffany Cobra"? Does it have anything to do with the Tiffany Company that has done jewelry, engraving, etc for the last 100+ years?

Great question, I've wondered myself.

:lurk:

I did a google search, but didn't find anything. So I am curious, why is the one Cobra design called a "Tiffany Cobra"? Does it have anything to do with the Tiffany Company that has done jewelry, engraving, etc for the last 100+ years?

Pretty sure Tiffany drove the 429 Cobra Jet Mach 1 in the movie "Diamonds Are Forever". I don't know of any other Tiffany Cobra.

• 7 months later...

I know im off topic but are you a super stallion pilot? That is awesome, got any cool pics you'd like to share of it up close?

• 3 months later...

Somewhere I came across the origin of the Tiffany Cobra. From what I recall it was Carroll's idea. He wanted the Cobra emblem redesigned/updated and when asked what he wanted changed Carroll replied something like, I don't know, give it a Tiffany flair. These words are no where near exact but I do recall it was Carroll's idea.

Now we just need to figure out when it changed and why Shelby wanted it changed.

I should have made a note or a photocopy of this but at the time I recall just going , oh so that's where the Tiffany name came from.

Steve

As Amy indicated it may be due to the diamond pattern on the back of the cobra. Tiffany and Company is a well known seller of diamonds. http://www.tiffany.com/?origref=http%3a%2f...lA&siteid=1

The one in my avatar was often called the "S" snake.

Tiffany first appeared on the 67 GT 350 and GT 500s. "S" first appeared on the 69 GT 350 and GT 500.

Archived