TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my new Tag

slamarre

• 5 months later...

well, I am a little bit down tonight. My tags just recently renewed and figured what the heck, I'll try to see if I can join the MFG 013 group. Well, I got my reciept in the mail today and it appears that I did not get my first choice which must mean someone in SC beat me to the punch. Instead I got SGT2873.....or at least that's the way I am reading the reciept. I was just so sure I would get the MFG tag that I ordered a "show" tag for display that will be here Dec. 1st. Doubt that I'll use it now so if anyone is interested in it you can have it for what I paid for it. Just pm me if interested. Cost of tag was $31.10 Here is a picture of what I ordered..... :banghead:

license_plate.bmp

license_plate.bmp

mfg??

Roger and Adam originally posted but I could find the actual thread....back in the 60's manufactures were issued tags I guess similar to what we would call dealer plates today. MFG 013 was one of the tags issued to Shelby Automotive and I understand, it was not uncommon to see a Shelby being test driven with the Callifornia black plate of MFG 013. I think Roger or Adam may have posted an article from SAAC on this topic...I'll look and see if I kept a copy. Craig

I did save the article...here it is...

post-10682-1227470338_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1227470338_thumb.jpg

Roger and Adam originally posted but I could find the actual thread....back in the 60's manufactures were issued tags I guess similar to what we would call dealer plates today. MFG 013 was one of the tags issued to Shelby Automotive and I understand, it was not uncommon to see a Shelby being test driven with the Callifornia black plate of MFG 013. I think Roger or Adam may have posted an article from SAAC on this topic...I'll look and see if I kept a copy. Craig

Thanks. I was going a little nuts thinking what that could mean...

I ordered mine a while ago, seems the oklahoma inmates only make custom tags at certian times of the year. I ordered MFG 013, which conflicts with the Oklahoma numbering system, so I get to have: MFGR013 Hopefully it will show up soon.

Like this one?

DSC_1198.jpg

On one of the Cobras (the unrestored one) at the Shelby Museum in Gunbarrell.

Every time I go there I see something new...

What does the "S" in front of SHELBY stand for??

Chip

If I was to guess, I would say "SALUTE"! (Common in online combat flight sims for victor/vanquished to say S! after a good fight)

So in this case, since whoever reads this will be left behind, they must salute the victor!

Sam

AKA:

What does the "S" in front of SHELBY stand for??

Chip

+1 - What does the S stand for or is it just filler? Very nice. I am looking and ShelbyGT and 08Shelby are already taken... I need to come up with a good one as well. I was thinking about 8SGT1977 as I am limited to 8 characters and I know it's not taken :)

Gentlemen,

Last week I procured a new Arizona plate for my 2009 Shelby GT500. I'm surprised that it wasn't already taken. 9SHELBY

Chip

I tried all the numbers in Calirf, but they were all taken. Both before and after "SHELBY"

So, I had to settle for "AH SHLBY". As in..."Look. There's a Shelby".

I know it's lame........

I tried all the numbers in Calirf, but they were all taken. Both before and after "SHELBY"

My Shelby GT has AZ plate 3SHELBY as 7SHELBY was taken and the SGT is my 3rd Shelby. Now that I have 9SHELBY on my GT500, all numbers both before and after SHELBY are taken in AZ as well.

Chip

Archived