TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT "Berg" faux gas cap

I must say, guys, that those Berg caps look way cool! There are also lots of coordinating accessories to go with them. I stopped into a local Mustang parts store (Colorado Mustang) recently, just for fun, not expecting them to carry parts for newer cars, and I was surprised to see that they are an SPP dealership! I got the CS faux cap because they had it in stock, and I kind of liked it better anyway. Plus, it was cheaper, and no shipping! I also got the Shelby aluminum map light trim (cheap, flimsy, didn't fit, not impressed), and a nice billet license plate frame. The parts guy knew me from online conversations and said AmyB had suggested that a matching CS logo for the steering wheel was in the works! (rumor only) He's working on getting me some center caps and GT500 mud flaps also. It is so cool to have these items available locally and bypass shipping!

post-12805-1214524630.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have just called the ambulance, Ilmor is modding and I am having a heart attack! :hysterical:

NO, its not a MOD its a REVISION :lol:

Ok, i must be dumb. How do I remove the old emblem and put this one on? Can i just remove the emblem? Or do I remove that entire piece (the part that says ford on it)? THanks for your help.

Jared

You are not dumb...

The replacement faux gas cap that everyone is ordering fits over your current center "GT" emblem. You do not have to remove anything. All you have to do is center it up and peel the backing off the 3M tape and press it on...takes no more than 5 minutes. This is one of the quickest mods you can do for your SGT...and the new cap looks much better than the factory "GT".

Thanks again BERG and AMY B......!

With regard to shipping, I appreciate the fact that shelby wants to ensure that we get the package delivered safely with a signature on arrival, however i was supposed to receive my shelby gt cap and a battery hold down TODAY. My UPS driver must have parked about a block away and snuck up to the house and put his tag on my door and ran faster than hell so i wouldnt know he was here.

Damn im pissed!! I spent all day hanging around the house for this package and still didnt get it!!

I wish there was a box we could mark on checkout that would allow us to choose if we want to leave a signature for the package or not. I order a lot of stuff from shelby and this happens almost every other time! Well i guess theres always tommorrow. It just burns my ass that the damn ups cannot either knock or ring the doorbell for more than 10 seconds. I had 3 kids in the house and neither of them heard anything. :censored::censored::censored::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Racerx, I really like the side window scoops. When I first saw the picture was trying to figure out what looks different then saw the scoops. I was thinking of doing that to mine. Are they double back taped on? The car looks great. Thanks

Hey thanks for the complement they are double taped and came painted and when you put it on make sure your on the money it's a hard thing to pull back of I'm 6'0 250 and wrestled on sided that I was off for 10 minutes so line it out not like I did by eyeballing. I'll be at mustang week tare you going my mother-in law lives right by there.

Anthony

With regard to shipping, I appreciate the fact that shelby wants to ensure that we get the package delivered safely with a signature on arrival, however i was supposed to receive my shelby gt cap and a battery hold down TODAY. My UPS driver must have parked about a block away and snuck up to the house and put his tag on my door and ran faster than hell so i wouldnt know he was here.

Damn im pissed!! I spent all day hanging around the house for this package and still didnt get it!!

I wish there was a box we could mark on checkout that would allow us to choose if we want to leave a signature for the package or not. I order a lot of stuff from shelby and this happens almost every other time! Well i guess theres always tommorrow. It just burns my ass that the damn ups cannot either knock or ring the doorbell for more than 10 seconds. I had 3 kids in the house and neither of them heard anything. :censored::censored::censored::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mine did not require a signature - found it on my doorstep when I got home. But, my UPS driver is good; he's helped me out w/ stuff like that a couple of times (leaves stuff if I ask him too).

All you have to do is write on a piece of paper the following:

Please leave packages on doorstep, ect. and sign and print your name, then they will leave packages.

Thankfully i know the delivery guy UPS, and delivery girl Fed Ex

Got mine today and I love it. :)

However, I had to go to the local UPS terminal to get it.

I knew it was due, today, from UPS tracking. However, when it hadn't arrived by 6:30 PM, I looked online and it said no one was home, at 6:22 PM, and it would now be delivered on Monday.

I called UPS and told them that the driver must have wanted to finish early on Friday, because I was here and there was no tag on my door.

Luckily, the UPS terminal was still open. So, I went and picked it up.

:mail:

I finally received my Caphappy%20feet.gif......oh no....did I do something wrong? :banghead:

...something doesn't look right. Maybe I can shift it a little...

2008-06%20summer%20026.JPG

I love the cap so much I thought I would put a little bit of Shelby on all the other cars....

2008-06%20summer%20042.JPG

2008-06%20summer%20043.JPG

2008-06%20summer%20046.JPG

Ok, OK...before all the hate mail starts....just having fun before I stick it permanently to my SGT.

This is why we only get one.... :hysterical2:

The final product....well worth the wait. Looks great. Could not have been an easier install.

Thank you SAI and thank you to everyone on this forum, past and present, who helped make this possible.

2008-06%20summer%20021.JPG

I had ordered my cap one day last week. When I spoke to the call taker I asked if I could have it sent USPS. I had read about the cost of shipment and figured USPS would be less expensive. I was told they were not sure if it would be sent USPS. But when I checked my mail box on 7/5 there was the shipment from SPP. However, the envelope was neatly folded in half to fit in the mail box. I was almost afraid to open the envelope. I had also ordered a small key fob and I requested a new parts catalog. So it was a good thing, the parts catalog protected the Berg Cap. It was tucked inside the catalog. At first I thought it was a mistake to have request shipment by USPS but to my surprise everything was OK. I don't believe UPS would have folded the envelope in half. Maybe the extra cost associated with shipping would have been worth it instead of a temporary anxiety attack.

The cap is a great addition to the car. The wait was worth it.

Gentlemen,

Installed mine last night. Thank you Berg and Thank you SAI. I did not like having to provide my csm number, vin number and having to sign the ups document but if that is what we need to do to keep it exclusive, I am all for it. Pic off cell phone so not as clear as others. Steve

post-10718-1215535009.jpg

post-10718-1215535009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Gentlemen,

Installed mine last night. Thank you Berg and Thank you SAI. I did not like having to provide my csm number, vin number and having to sign the ups document but if that is what we need to do to keep it exclusive, I am all for it. Pic off cell phone so not as clear as others. Steve

Steve-why does it look slightly crooked to the left???

Add me to the list..this thing looks great, thanx

0716081604.jpg

Notice you are from NoDakota-my father in law just picked up a truck for the local Ford dealer (his retirement job is fetching vehicles) from a dealer in Fargo. he said they had a combo of SGT's and GT500's in the showroom totaling 6 Shelbys. Of course he didn't take any pictures :censored: If you are close to Fargo, you may like to check it out.

Notice you are from NoDakota-my father in law just picked up a truck for the local Ford dealer (his retirement job is fetching vehicles) from a dealer in Fargo. he said they had a combo of SGT's and GT500's in the showroom totaling 6 Shelbys. Of course he didn't take any pictures :censored: If you are close to Fargo, you may like to check it out.

I know that dealership very well, Luther Ford, and they do have some nice Shelby's on the showroom floor. I'm heading to Fargo tomorrow for a car show in island park, provided the rain holds off.

Archived